• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you voted? (UK general election)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I hope so.
They changed the system after brexit so without warning our postal vote status was void
After a few days back and forth with emails it turns out we could re-apply. Did so applying for a postal vote. No response. More emails, we were not registered to vote, when we are registered they could process our postal vote application. So we re-registed
We eventually got our postal vote packs on Friday lunchtime when the post office closes until Monday.
It usually takes between 5 and 15 days for post to reach destination in the uk. That would miss miss the deadline.
As luck would have it we were travelling to the UK on Monday so we took our postal votes with us and posted them in England on Monday for collection on Tuesday.
Hopefully they get there in time to be counted.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Voted tactically, my first choice would have been Green, but I voted Labour because they have the best chance of winning in my constituency.
I have been on this planet for almost 70-years, I have been voting in GEs since 1974 when Harold Wilson was PM. But my constituency for all those years has returned a Tory. That is predicted to change this time and Labour could well take it, I can't tell you how seismic that will be.

Last edited:

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Did any of you have any trouble with the id documents?
Not me, no, but, considering how little attention most people give to politics most of the time, I'm wondering how many people will have been disenfranchised by this needless Tory voter suppression tactic.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My vote apparently didn't help though, given the Tories managed to stay in power by a few hundred votes. :(

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I feel bad for the SNP and even the Lib Dems. Nice.to see Sinn Fein ahead of so-called "Reform UK".

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yeah, they did multiply their seats about four or fivewise. But I was rooting for them to overcome the Tories.