• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hellish Psyche of Social Justice warriors

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Too much & too many negative emotions will destroy the humanity of SJW types:

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...rriors_and_the_7_major_negative_emotions.html
It is a sad state of affairs when a persons whole life and worldview becomes based on emotions. There are times I think people are actually becoming mentally ill because of it.

Whenever I look at SJWs the image of an emotionally unstable, insecure, and irrational human being comes to the forefront that is capable of just about anything.

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Reminds me of some of the teachings of the Stoics.

It is not just the common point that negative emotions are destructive to one's mind and life, all spiritual paths say something like that. More to the point is that social or political activism combined with indifference to one's mental or emotional state is bad. The 'end' of a 'just' society makes one oblivious to the emotions, methods & means used.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...rriors_and_the_7_major_negative_emotions.html

I don't think the basic concept of "social justice" necessarily revolves around emotions. Originally, it appeared to be a means of achieving political stability, justice, and equality within society, although I think the concept has been co-opted by those with a somewhat skewed and fossilized view of our society and the world at large. Many of them still seem like they're stuck in the 1950s and 60s, while apparently ignoring how much the world has changed since that era (both in the positive and the negative).

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

One could replace "SJW" with "far right" and come up with examples that would easily portray the right wing, alt-right, MAGA mentality in the exact same light.

Extremism exists on both the left and the right and tragicomically they may even meet each other at a certain point on the political circle. Here's an overly-simplistic graph, but you get the idea:

The+Political+Circle.jpg

Emotion of fear? Left (according to AT) says "literally Hitler!" Right says "Sandy Hook is a false flag to take away your guns!"

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Another good resource.

"In the aftermath of Donald Trump's loss in the 2020 U.S. presidential election, the American Thinker published a variety of articles that had claims of election fraud. Faced with a lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems, Lifson acknowledged that the site had relied upon "discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories". The American Thinker likewise admitted that its election claims were "completely false and have no basis in fact" and that "it was wrong for us to publish these false statements." "

- American Thinker - Wikipedia

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Inspired by a classic book no less.

"Oliver Napoleon Hill (October 26, 1883 – November 8, 1970) was an American self-help author and conman. He is best known for his book Think and Grow Rich (1937), which is among the best-selling self-help books of all time. Hill's works insisted that fervid expectations are essential to improving one's life. Most of his books were promoted as expounding principles to achieve "success".
Hill is a controversial figure. Accused of fraud, modern historians also doubt many of his claims, such as that he met Andrew Carnegie and that he was an attorney. Gizmodo has called him "the most famous conman you've probably never heard of"."

- Napoleon Hill - Wikipedia

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I don't think the basic concept of "social justice" necessarily revolves around emotions. Originally, it appeared to be a means of achieving political stability, justice, and equality within society, although I think the concept has been co-opted by those with a somewhat skewed and fossilized view of our society and the world at large. Many of them still seem like they're stuck in the 1950s and 60s, while apparently ignoring how much the world has changed since that era (both in the positive and the negative).
The book's a crock. It's as scientific as my ****.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
SJW: I try and try to remember "Social Justice Warrior" but "Southern" always comes to mind, first. "Southern Justice Warrior." People can we please stop adding acronyms? Just a request from a AAP (Anti Acronym Person).

You can also use AAAP which means "A Anti Acronym Person." We do not use 'An' here, because 'An' refers to objects not to people. Therefore it is "A Anti Acronym Person" not "An Anti Acronym Person."

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
SJW: I try and try to remember "Social Justice Warrior" but "Southern" always comes to mind, first. "Southern Justice Warrior." People can we please stop adding acronyms? Just a request from a AAP (Anti Acronym Person).

You can also use AAAP which means "A Anti Acronym Person." We do not use 'An' here, because 'An' refers to objects not to people. Therefore it is "A Anti Acronym Person" not "An Anti Acronym Person."
Sounds like you should join the AARP.

Anti Acronym Reaction Police.

They'll send you a letter in the mail.