• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello, I'm new here...

A4B4

Hello, my name's Brian, and I'm new here. I just wanted to say a few things about myself. I think I'm pretty open-minded. I was raised a non-denominational Christian. My best friend is a Sunni Muslim from Pakistan, and he and I discuss religion frequently. I am also studying with some local Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'd desperately like to find common ground between Christians and Muslims, in particular.

I'm currently reading the Bible and the Qur'an, although the process is going pretty slow. With Religious Forums, I hope to find a diverse community I can turn to with questions I develop along the way.

Thanks,
Brian

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome to Religious Forums, Brian,

You do sound very open minded (which is a great quality to have).

I suggest that you look at our article for new members (from which there is a link to the Forum rules with which you ought to acquaint yourself)

I hope you enjoy your time with us, and look forward to reading your posts.
icon7.gif

robtex

Veteran Member
Brian great to meet you. I think overtime here you will see alot about Islam and find where they are percieved to be similar and different. I have a Sunni friend whose family is from Pakistan too. We talk about religion alot when it is slow at work. I hope you like it here on RF.

SunMessenger

Catholic
Welcome!!!
It is always nice to see new members. The Moderators are very helpful here. Do not hesitate in contacting them if You have a question .

I Hope You Enjoy Yourself And God Bless !

PureX

Veteran Member
A4B4 said:
Hello, ...... I'd desperately like to find common ground between Christians and Muslims, in particular.

Thanks,
Brian
I think the common ground is in the religious lifestyle, not the theology.