• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello: Not sure what I am

CrazyRabbitLady

I am new to religious forums. This is actually the first one that I have joined. I was raised Roman Catholic in South Louisiana, and I usually say I despise religion and love G-d. I am not a Christian, but I do believe in G-d. I identify most with Reconstructionist Judaism or possibly a humanist.

I've been seeking the local Jewish community in my area, and there is none so I am hoping I can find some answers and get some good conversation here.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Welcome to RF!

I'd say we have a good representation of the Jewish spectrum here, and most of us are pretty open. Feel free to stop by the Judaism DIR and have a look around. Just remember to read the rules. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Just for you.....
crazy_rabbit_lady_messenger_bag.jpg

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you. Welcome. May I ask, respectfully, is there any special relgious reason to write G-d?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Try not to imprison yourself with any belief systems, just be who you truly are, then you cannot go wrong......anyway welcome.

CrazyRabbitLady

Greetings!

Just for you.....

Ooooh... where did you find that?!?! I'd absolutely love that bag for when we go to rabbit shows! Shoot... I'd like that bag for every day! LOL It would so replace my regular purse.

Peace be on you. Welcome. May I ask, respectfully, is there any special relgious reason to write G-d?

Yes :) It was taught to me by a Jewish friend. I asked her the same question because I noticed she did it when we discussed spirituality. It's a respect thing. The word is holy, and if it got erased or deleted or printed out and thrown into the trash in a sense it would be treating G-d like trash.

Human would be my guess, but I can love surprises :D

I admit... I totally LOL'd at this. :p

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I am new to religious forums. This is actually the first one that I have joined. I was raised Roman Catholic in South Louisiana, and I usually say I despise religion and love G-d. I am not a Christian, but I do believe in G-d. I identify most with Reconstructionist Judaism or possibly a humanist.

Welcome. Where exactly in Louisiana are you?

What particularly draws you to the Reconstructionist movement?

Peter

CrazyRabbitLady

Welcome. Where exactly in Louisiana are you?

What particularly draws you to the Reconstructionist movement?

Peter

I am about almost directly in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, but a little south of them both.

What draws me to the Reconstructionist movement? I am not born a Jew. I was raised Catholic, and I was a strong Christian for a long time. That being said... I was also raised among Conservative Jews having a great-uncle who was Jewish. Christianity doesn't make sense to me. There are no signs that Jesus was the Messiah since all of the Messianic prophecies were not fulfilled. I also believe in the Ten Commandments. G-d said to worship no one save Him. Even during the years I was a practicing Christian I always felt extremely uncomfortable with the statues in the Catholic church and with praying to Jesus and Mary.

Why Reconstructionism? Because it's tolerant. Simple facts. I believe we were all created to be human, and we should all treat each other with positive energy and love. I also don't believe in Hell as a place of being, and that while we do have an eternal reward/punishment for righteousness or wrong doings I do not believe that it exists in a place of either fire and brimstone or golden streets. I believe that our Heaven is whatever made us happiest here on earth, and our Hell is whatever made us the most miserable. I believe in the energy of the earth and energy coming from people as a sometimes palpable thing, and that we do indeed feed off of such energies. While I believe there is but one supreme being who created all there are other forces at work.

I am not saying I am already full force into the Reconstructionist movement, but it is what makes the most sense to delve into at this time. I am an open mind absorbing what is around me and looking further into what calls me spiritually. :)

Hope this makes sense? lol

Idris

Yes I am not sure either - religions generally look like they need massive updating. Science and general knowledge has come on leaps and bounds since the old shall I say scriptures/books have been written and they simply do not make sense to most nowadays. I believe that they should rewrite them and will have to one day to a certain extent so that science etc. and religion can merge but I guess maybe it will never totally merge. Anyway I for one think that there could be a creator / god yet I fully believe in science I also know that we know so little about the entire universe...oooh im rabbiting on now :O ...

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes conversations can get a bit heated, but if you imagine that we are all wearing giant rabbit costumes it can help you keep an even keel.

dynavert2012

I am about almost directly in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, but a little south of them both.

What draws me to the Reconstructionist movement? I am not born a Jew. I was raised Catholic, and I was a strong Christian for a long time. That being said... I was also raised among Conservative Jews having a great-uncle who was Jewish. Christianity doesn't make sense to me. There are no signs that Jesus was the Messiah since all of the Messianic prophecies were not fulfilled. I also believe in the Ten Commandments. G-d said to worship no one save Him. Even during the years I was a practicing Christian I always felt extremely uncomfortable with the statues in the Catholic church and with praying to Jesus and Mary.

Why Reconstructionism? Because it's tolerant. Simple facts. I believe we were all created to be human, and we should all treat each other with positive energy and love. I also don't believe in Hell as a place of being, and that while we do have an eternal reward/punishment for righteousness or wrong doings I do not believe that it exists in a place of either fire and brimstone or golden streets. I believe that our Heaven is whatever made us happiest here on earth, and our Hell is whatever made us the most miserable. I believe in the energy of the earth and energy coming from people as a sometimes palpable thing, and that we do indeed feed off of such energies. While I believe there is but one supreme being who created all there are other forces at work.

I am not saying I am already full force into the Reconstructionist movement, but it is what makes the most sense to delve into at this time. I am an open mind absorbing what is around me and looking further into what calls me spiritually. :)

Hope this makes sense? lol
do you believe that Jesus was sent by god to the Jews even if he's not the Messiah?