• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello there my name is Nick and i strongly believe that Science proves there is a god.

BlackBear94

Hermit
my name is Nick, I'm 17 and main stance on theistic religions and atheism is somewhat neutral. not like the US in the first half of WWII neutral but more of an unbiased judge of a boxing match between the two viewpoints. as long as you have solid evidence to back you up then i will consider your belief. however if you are one of those atheists who think that science provides a lack of evidence for a god you are sorely mistaken. go google what reductionism is and why it doesn't work in philosophical applications. :)

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome BlackBear. You sound pretty opinionated but I can't really follow your OP.

What's this about science providing a lack of evidence? How can you provide a lack? There's either evidence or their isn't.
Reductionism? Explain yourself.

And how is it that science proves there's a God? Science doesn't even prove the Earth is round.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackBear94

Hermit
(excuse me if my explanations aren't too clear, i've been awake for 40 hours and counting)

Reductionism is a procedural thought process in science. Basicially reductionism dictates that any complex object or concept in this universe can be defined by the sum of it's parts.
This becomes problematic whenever your topic of discussion comes remotely near the human condition.

Last edited:

cablescavenger

Welcome BlackBear. You sound pretty opinionated but I can't really follow your OP.

What's this about science providing a lack of evidence? How can you provide a lack? There's either evidence or their isn't.
Reductionism? Explain yourself.

And how is it that science proves there's a God? Science doesn't even prove the Earth is round.

That's because it isn't round :cool:

BlackBear94

Hermit
I'm not going to just tell you why you shouldn't believe something. If we get in a heated debate then I'll argue my points but i'm not going to just start preaching to my computer screen. :p

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Welcome to RF.

I would suggest opening a thread where you present your hypothesis that science proves God.

As a deist, I would be very interested in seeing what you present.

gnomon

my name is Nick, I'm 17 and main stance on theistic religions and atheism is somewhat neutral. not like the US in the first half of WWII neutral but more of an unbiased judge of a boxing match between the two viewpoints. as long as you have solid evidence to back you up then i will consider your belief. however if you are one of those atheists who think that science provides a lack of evidence for a god you are sorely mistaken. go google what reductionism is and why it doesn't work in philosophical applications. :)

I am not one of those atheists who thinks that science provides a lack of evidence for an unknown creator of the universe.

Are you saying that reductionism fails in the face of the notion that in order to prove that God exists a complex system is defined that is something that is more complex....such as a God.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Welcome!

I am a panenTHEIST and have to tell you you are rotundely mistaken about science having any evidence for an entity remotely ressembling God! :D

Surely we´ll have time to talk about it.

God bless :namaste

Last edited: