• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello, you may call me MoonWater

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Hi there, my name is MoonWater and I just joined the sight. In terms of religion I am an Eclectic Pagan with Zen Buddhism influence(A.K.A Buddha-Pagan). There is also a little taoism included as well but really only in the sense that I believe in the duality of all things. I am new to the religions of Paganism and Buddhism so I am trying to learn as much as I can about them. I was raised Methodist Christian and found myself asking a lot of questions that were never answered. I later moved on to become agnostic and then started to develop my own beliefs. I was interested in Pagan and Buddhist traditions since high school and after looking more into them found that they were much in line with my own beliefs. I am still working to create my own path though as I have only been a practicing Buddha-Pagan for less than a year. I love reading poetry and fantasy and enjoy studying religion and philosophy as well as having debates on the same. I am a writer who has written many poems, a couple of short stories, and has at least 50 ideas for books I could write. I hope to become a successful author of the young adult fantasy genre and as a result am working for my major in literature so I can move onto a master's in creative writing. I look forward to meeting and speaking to new people of all faiths and learning about how different people incorporate their faith/religion into their lives.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi MoonWater, welcome to the forums.

Great Username and avatar BTW.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
welcomekaoani.gif

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Hello, MoonWater! (Love the name!) Welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Salaam, hello MoonWater, welcome to RF!

Wow, what a journey you've gone on in your faith! :) What questions did you have that were answered by your current faith that weren't by others?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi MoonWater,

Welcome to Religious Forums!

You sound like so many of us, at some time, through our lives. I have "been there" myself, and have now come to accept that my relationship with God is a very personal one that I really cannot share wioth anyone else - not that I am unwilling to, but because my faith is very "personalised".

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Thanks for the welcome all

Salaam, hello MoonWater, welcome to RF!

Wow, what a journey you've gone on in your faith! :) What questions did you have that were answered by your current faith that weren't by others?

Well I found many contradictions in the bible and much of the doctrine didn't make sense to me or I didn't agree with it. I eventually realized that the religion just wasn't for me. I do have a great deal of respect for Christianity and I think it's a beautiful religion, but I find myself more at home ib the faith I have now then I did as a Christian.