• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! How can I feel good about objectifying people? Suggestions please!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Okay, so here's the deal. This is super important, so pay attention, everyone...

I really really really don't want to feel bad about objectifying people, namely women, so I need your help in making me feel better about objectifying people. I've thought of a few ways of easing my guilty conscience about objectifying people (namely women), so here's how I've started:

1) Using online dictionaries to define objectification
2) Using a few analogies here and there to compare sexual objectification to other service-related industry workers
3) Asking other people what they think of my body, and then convince myself they're objectifying me so I don't feel bad when I objectify other people

I need your help, for heaven's safe. I have to keep asking people over and over again how I can feel good and justify objectifying people so I don't feel bad about it. I do it, and I do it a lot. Somebody please help me here. I need to see how objectifying people is a natural and normal perspective so nobody thinks I'm a bad and shallow person.

Any other suggestions?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This is super important, so pay attention, everyone...

But I always pay attention to important things. Especially super important things like your breasts. I pay attention to those! Why are you complaining to me that I just don't get it? I really really try hard to get it. To get time with your breasts, that is!

I really really really don't want to feel bad about objectifying people, namely women, so I need your help in making me feel better about objectifying people.

Sister! You've come to the right man -- one of nature's few Real Men, that is! I know just how you feel because I feel just the same way! We could be lovers! I hate those trashy people who make me feel bad about objectifying people. Just hates them, I do. And they don't even read dictionaries, the freaks!

...so here's how I've started:

1) Using online dictionaries to define objectification

I love that technique because it allows me to ignore what people themselves really mean by "objectification"! You're a sheer genius! And that means to me you're smart enough to give me a lap dance. Eh? What about it?

2) Using a few analogies here and there to compare sexual objectification to other service-related industry workers

Nothing like a good, solid false analogy to make me feel better about reducing you to a hunk of penetrable red meat, my dear!

3) Asking other people what they think of my body, and then convince myself they're objectifying me so I don't feel bad when I objectify other people

Brilliant! Nobody will see right though that one, you ***** cat! At least, I think you're a cat. All I know is the first part of that!

I need your help, for heaven's safe. I have to keep asking people over and over again how I can feel good and justify objectifying people so I don't feel bad about it. I do it, and I do it a lot. Somebody please help me here. I need to see how objectifying people is a natural and normal perspective so nobody thinks I'm a bad and shallow person.

Any other suggestions?

I'm just as needy for validation as you are, sweet rose lips! That's why I too ask people over and over again for it! So far, I've managed to hog sixteen threads having nothing at all to do with my needs. And now I've penetrated yours, too. Speaking of penetrating...

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Never had this issue in all of my life. I know I am sexy, let people look.
smoking2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Us good looking folk never have to worry about being objectified. I pity you ugly ducklings
uhuhuh-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You could whip me few times if that would help.

Great to see you, GC! I hope you've been doing well.

I must note, though, that your response is a total fail. Yup, a fail! You just haven't yet helped Heather enough get over her negative feelings about objectifying women. Come on, GC! You can do it! Tell her something that will ease her pain at feeling bad about her tendency to turn women into meat!

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

I must note, though, that your response is a total fail. Yup, a fail! You just haven't yet helped Heather enough get over her negative feelings about objectifying women. Come on, GC! You can do it! Tell her something that will ease her pain at feeling bad about her tendency to turn women into meat!

Good to see you!

Wait! You are saying that whipping me wouldn' t make Heather feel better? Not even a little?

Oh all right...if it helps I could remind her that humans have innate response mechanisms that are triggered by stimuli in a way that is purely involuntary.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Oh all right...if it helps I could remind her that humans have innate response mechanisms that are triggered by stimuli in a way that is purely involuntary.

I've always said, GC, that rape is a sexual act because of what you just pointed out to us. And thank you for that! You've made me feel so much better about my vivid, domineering rape fantasies. You know, some people -- therapist, doctors, psychiatrists, and other nobodies -- have told me my fantasies cross the line between harmless eroticisms to actually being in some way preparations to rape women. But I just don't buy into the notion that anyone can do that. I mean, rape fantasies are fantasies by definition. I've got a dictionary that says so. And my dictionary doesn't say fantasies are actually preparation for actual rape.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm sure you won't mind my ripping your panties off with my teeth when you say that, will you? I'm mean, I'm pretty sure you're ready to go. After all, who can resit a Real Man!

But, see, I reject those premises because I don't like where this is going. Remember, we're talking about how I need to legitimize objectifying women, yeah?

You could whip me few times if that would help.

I can't pass that up. But only on one condition...that I can put fake breasts on you to further build on my desire to see women for how their breasts look and their bottoms look. And then to see you as a fake woman the whole time.

Otherwise, the point would be lost. That would be a real shame, too.

Phil....they ARE meat :rolleyes:. It's not cruel to turn them into meat because there is no need to turn them into anything than what they really are, you dig? Any time somebody tries to personify themselves into something more than the reality is demonstrating an exercise in futility. See, it's enlightened thought to reduce a woman's humanity into what she really is. I mean, *I* like to only care about a woman's physical attributes, and there's nothing wrong with it. Right?

That's not bad. Objectifying. I mean, we're all objects anyway, so that must mean when women are objects, I'm just being honest. Everybody feels that way, really. Right?

Right. Right? Right. I'm enlightened, by the way.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I've always said, GC, that rape is a sexual act because of what you just pointed out to us. I mean if it's involuntary, it's got to be ok, right. And thank you for that! You've made me feel so much better about my vivid, domineering rape fantasies. You know, some people -- therapist, doctors, psychiatrists, and other nobodies -- have told me my fantasies cross the line between harmless eroticisms to actually being in some way preparations to rape women. But I just don't buy into the notion that anyone can do that. I mean, rape fantasies are fantasies by definition. I've got a dictionary that says so. And my dictionary doesn't say fantasies are actually preparation for actual rape.

Glad to help! It also works justifying those pesky murder fantasies.

Lucky thing we humans are a complex stew of instinct, learned behavior, and rationality, and have that bizarre notion of free will.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I can't pass that up. But only on one condition...that I can put fake breasts on you to further build on my desire to see women for how their breasts look and their bottoms look. And then to see you as a fake woman the whole time.

Otherwise, the point would be lost. That would be a real shame, too.

That reminds me of when...oh wait. This isn't eros.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
But, see, I reject those premises because I don't like where this is going. Remember, we're talking about how I need to legitimize objectifying women, yeah?

Not a problem! I'm a great respecter of women's feelings, you lovely lady. At least I respect theirs if they first respect mine. And I know exactly what you mean by "objectifying women". In fact, I've got an "object" for you that will make you cry tears of desire! When can I come over? You know you want it!

Phil....they ARE meat :rolleyes:. It's not cruel to turn them into meat because there is no need to turn them into anything than what they really are, you dig? Any time somebody tries to personify themselves into something more than the reality is demonstrating an exercise in futility. See, it's enlightened thought to reduce a woman's humanity into what she really is. I mean, *I* like to only care about a woman's physical attributes, and there's nothing wrong with it. Right?

That's not bad. Objectifying. I mean, we're all objects anyway, so that must mean when women are objects, I'm just being honest. Everybody feels that way, really. Right?

Right. Right? Right. I'm enlightened, by the way.

You certainly are enlightened! I really dig what you're saying there about us all being objects. I just wish more people were honest enough to admit that. Honesty is important to me.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I've always said, GC, that rape is a sexual act because of what you just pointed out to us. And thank you for that! You've made me feel so much better about my vivid, domineering rape fantasies. You know, some people -- therapist, doctors, psychiatrists, and other nobodies -- have told me my fantasies cross the line between harmless eroticisms to actually being in some way preparations to rape women. But I just don't buy into the notion that anyone can do that. I mean, rape fantasies are fantasies by definition. I've got a dictionary that says so. And my dictionary doesn't say fantasies are actually preparation for actual rape.

fan·ta·sy [ fántəssee ]

imaginative power: the creative power of the imagination
mental image or dream: an image or dream created by the imagination
impractical idea: an unrealistic and impractical idea

We all have imaginations. Now read carefully because I'm going to explain all of reality to you. Especially how you understand that rape is sex and sex is rape and they're quite similar if you really think about it. They're different only that rape is just a rape-y kind of sex.

So look at the definition of fantasy. It's the creative power of imagination. It's like a dream. Think of the analogy of Carl going through a drive-thru at a fast food joint, and that if Susie dreams of a cheeseburger that Carl gets at a drive-thru, the worker is objectified due to that's all that worker really means to them. So objectifying women and valuing them for what they look like in my rape-y sex dream fantasies is not all that bad.

Everybody does this. Isn't feminism outdated, by the way? It doesn't regard how hot women are.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I have come to the conclusion that objectifying people, especially women, means that you love them. I can argue for this on the bases of logic and my dictionary.

1. In the sentence, "I love women," the word women is the object.

2. According to Dictionary.com, this is what objectify means:

ob·jec·ti·fy

[uhb-jek-tuh-fahy] Show IPA
verb (used with object), ob·jec·ti·fied, ob·jec·ti·fy·ing.

to present as an object, especially of sight, touch, or other physical sense; make objective; externalize.

3. Therefore, to objectify women means "I love women." It is not even a remotely bad thing, so have at it!