• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with identifying a goddess

spirit

Well,at least i think she's a goddess. I had a dream a few nights ago, i was sat in my old Catholic church around the time of my communion,only i was sat right up front in a different place from where i had originally sat at the time and a woman came up to me and held my chin,saying to me you've thought about this a lot haven't you? or something to that effect and i said yes,but with real understanding that she knew how i was feeling. I believe that the conversation was refering to how i am pulling away from Christianity, my communion when i was 7 a decade ago was the time when i was officially welcomed into the faith, having taken the holy wafer and was perhaps more significant than my baptism at the church.
The woman had long black hair and a long white dress,she also seemed to have a glowing white light around her. Could someone help to identify her?

Booko

Deviled Hen
spirit said:
The woman had long black hair and a long white dress,she also seemed to have a glowing white light around her. Could someone help to identify her?

Were there any other elements around her, like an animal or sort of plant, geometric designs, water/earth/wind, or background color (other than the glow)? Any scents or sounds? Were there any other parts of the dress, like a girdle with any design on it?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
spirit said:
Sorry, but with just this description alone... what makes you think she was a goddess?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
As others have asked, what makes you think she was a goddess ? It sounds to me more like you were 'in touch' with your higher self, and were accepting what is really happening to you............... maybe you were examining yourself objectively.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Obviously a benevolent feminine figure, possibly a positive mother archetype is part of it because of the sense she understood your feelings very well. If the symbolism isn't specific to any particular cultural tradition of symbolism its helpful to reflect more on your own impressions & imagination. Did she remind you of anyone/anything you've come across before? What do you imagine she typically feels/does/says? If it relates to your pulling away from Christianity how does the impression of this Goddess figure strike a chord with your feelings about that? Dig around in your head a little. :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
The others have raised good points. But if there was something about her that made you feel she was a goddess, then I imagine there's a reason why you were supposed to feel that way.

Did she remind you of any 'archetype' (maiden, mother, matriarch), or any particular culture?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
According to the Hindu perspective, the Divine Mother - Adi Shakti is manifested in many ways (which people call Goddesses) but these are all representative of that one Divine Mother. She is called by many names but she is one. She is God as mother and as a male aspect, is also our father. God is one. She can also be a soul who is guiding you. Everything in this world is governed by God; just see it as a sign from God that you are growing in spiritual consciousness. Maybe one night before you go to sleep you can relax, breathe deeply and slowly, visualize this woman and ask God to give you a sign in a dream about who the woman is.

Random

This doesn't surprise me. I have had numerous similar experiences of Her.

Catholicism is the ancient Matrichate (Goddess) religion masculinised and reworked to assimilate Judaism, once a competitor. Jesus orignally was Her divine son, and the voice that speaks from the clouds in the gospels is the Goddess, not the mystical "Father" which is an adjunct of the Son himself.

My break with Catholicism came when I re-discovered the Goddess. Mine was blonde in appearance, but She manifests different for everybody, according to subconscious desires.

Some men are born for Her, some are not. Those that are would be wise not to resist: go with the thoughts that led you to Her and don't resist, that, as the saying goes, would be futile.

Dont' delude yourself that is was "all a dream": in consciousness of the Goddess the inversion is the only truth, so that's life you're talking about in that case.

I can't say anymore because its not allowed, but you have now become privy to something rare and very special, Spirit. Go with the flow and you won't find yourself anywhere but where you are really meant for.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Well if we're just going on gut reactions, my first reaction was the High Priestess of the Tarot (Rider-Waite deck)

RWS-02-High_Priestess.jpg

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
Sounds like a great dream!

Try asking yourself what this dream image means to you personally. Perhaps your subconscious mind is revealing something to you about yourself.

eudaimonia,

Mark