• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help!

indisbelief

Good Evening All,

I have big concerns over why people are taken from us early.
I am currently facing the death of an extremly close friend who is suffering from Cancer for the third time. This friend, who is certain to pass away shortly, will leave behind two children who have bearly reached their twenties... Their father was killed tragically not 17 years ago.
How can a tragedy like this leave my two best friends orphaned? They are the most caring family I have ever come across and have never harmed a single being.
I find myself questioning the validity of faith as this seems so utterly inhumane, and I struggle to believe that this is some sort of "plan" etched by God.
What god would subject the most inocent people I know to this torture?

Please reaspond....
Regards,
Indisbelief...

BFD_Zayl

while I am sorry that you must face the death of a close friend, I hope you may find some consolation in the fact that death will be his release from his pain, and that he will find his true destiny in the world hereafter. Personally, I think no god plans for things like this to happen, Thanatos, the God of death comes to people when it is their time, but he does not cause the afflictions that are the cause of death.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend indisbelief,
What to say when it is known that there is no god.
If I tell you that each one of us are here because of our KARMA, you may not believe me; its ok.
Life is not either good or bad, light or darkness birth or death; its both. The day we are born is the same day we are close to death by that many day/s. Its a cycle.
We do not complain when we are born? do we? In reality we should start crying/cribbing the day we are born as our begining of unhappiness starts that day itself.
When an widow whose only child died approached Buddha to bring him back to life; buddha said " Go around the village and get me a handful of rye seeds from any house where no one has died, and I shall bring your son to life" She came back to Buddha enlightened and became her disciple.
Yes, Jesus may have done it differently; BUt that is all in different TIME and SPACE.
Now, to grow you need only one thing to face reality like a human being like any other human which are millions across the globe and such incidence are only an everyday affair.
That is life; enlightenment is all about seeing that light, understanding it. Being an obvserver.
Love & rgds

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I am sorry for the suffering and hardships that you and your friends face. There is no god at the wheels, and life is more often then not cruel and unfair. I know you won't find much comfort in that, but perhaps a little understanding.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My father died when I was 4...In a plane crash...He was 28..My little sister was 2 and 1/2...My brother was 6...My mother was 28...When he disapeared.

The rhyme and reason is somewhere..You have to find it...

Blessings

Dallas

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well... I can tell you why I think people die at young ages, and how it doesn't seem fair... The reason is because people die, just like everything else... it is going to happen eventually, and not everyone makes it to being elderly.