• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here be Dragons

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Right, well that is one place I shan't be going on holiday to!...........:eek:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I look forward to reading more about it. I know a lot of people with spiritual connections to the dragon, and I think this will be a treat for them to read!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
What the spork... that's gotta be edited or trick photography or something. No way that can be real. :eek:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Jensa said:
What the spork... that's gotta be edited or trick photography or something. No way that can be real. :eek:
On my computer, I can't see closely enough to see anything but clouds. Does it look like there's something there?

Linus

FeathersinHair said:
On my computer, I can't see closely enough to see anything but clouds. Does it look like there's something there?
In the lower left of the second picture. You can see the dragon-like objects. They look like little snakes or something. Very tiny portion of the picture.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Temporarily Down for Maintainence...

The Epoch Times is temporarily down for maintainence. We hope to be back online by:

Thursday, August 11, 2005, 1:00 am EST
AAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!:mad::banghead3:mad:

ch'ang

artist in training
I'm a bit skeptic of this because its supposed to be a dragon like from fairy tales, but from the picture I can't make heads or tails of it I guess I'll just have to wait and see what becomes of this

Linus

In all honesty, the "dragons" in the pictures look like cloud formations themselves. Their colors are nearly indistinguishable from that of the surrounding clouds. But then again, none of the other clouds in the picture are shaped like that. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a cloud shaped like that.

Shadow Wolf

The first picture is cool. Either it's real, or someone has way too much time on thier hands and is EXTREMELY skilled with the newest versions of Adobe Photoshop.
I don't think the second one is as good.

Linus

Luke Wolf said:
The first picture is cool. Either it's real, or someone has way too much time on thier hands and is EXTREMELY skilled with the newest versions of Adobe Photoshop.
I don't think the second one is as good.
I think the first photo is just a closeup of the secod. The second is the actual photo that was taken, but there is only a small section that shows the "dragons" so they zoomed in on it.

Shadow Wolf

I think the first photo is just a closeup of the secod. The second is the actual photo that was taken, but there is only a small section that shows the "dragons" so they zoomed in on it.
I see it now.
But I'm still saying its real or photoshop skills that have the potential to make millions.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Oooo... I finally got the picture to view more closely, and now I see what's being discussed.

Since dragons are among the 'Four Intelligent Creatures,' and my spirit is among those, I wonder how other people who feel a deep kinship with 'mythological' animals view having 'proof' of that animal. I honestly don't know if I'd want to or not.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
first off having looked at a larger virsion of the phot found here: http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/3521/

They are far too large.. in relation to the mountian slopes they would be dozens of miles long and that is just the the little bit you see in the corner.

My best guess that it is an inhancement of a naturally occuring feature like a glacier... or that it is simply a well done computer image. You can do great things with a tablet and a nice program like photoshop. :cool:

wa:do

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
well untill actual verifyable proof is found we'll all have to be happy with the living or recently extinct 'dragons'

Megalania a massive Monitor Lizard seven meters (or around 26 ft) long that hunted in Austrailia and the Pacific south east.:jiggy:
http://www.colszoo.org/animalareas/Islands/images/dino.gif
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/tv/monsterswemet/images/extinct_rt_1.jpg
http://geography.berkeley.edu/ProgramCourses/CoursePagesFA2002/geog148/Lectures/Lecture%20Images/Genyornis%20and%20Megalania.jpeg

the living Komodo Dragon... a much smaller cousin of Megalania at only ten ft.:D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39432000/jpg/_39432861_dragon360_ap.jpg

Truth is often so much cooler than fiction. :cool:

wa:do

Unedited

I want to believe it, but I know from experience that a photograph can make things appear differently than they really are. And what's with the blackness right near the important part?