• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here is a profound Quote from Jaz Coleman of the Band Killing Joke from 2013 that's still true 11 years later

Massimo2002

It's different from 30 years ago. There's no rebellion left. Everyone is just a passive zombie. Food supply has something to do with it – it's dumbed down everyone to obese, lethargic corpses ... People are worn down ... It's a fragmented society. People have access now to amazing amounts of information, but their attention spans are getting shorter, their focus is gone. Instant gratification. Instant knowledge orgasm! I think that a lot of the great thinkers couldn't achieve what they did through a computer.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's different from 30 years ago. There's no rebellion left. Everyone is just a passive zombie. Food supply has something to do with it – it's dumbed down everyone to obese, lethargic corpses ... People are worn down ... It's a fragmented society. People have access now to amazing amounts of information, but their attention spans are getting shorter, their focus is gone. Instant gratification. Instant knowledge orgasm! I think that a lot of the great thinkers couldn't achieve what they did through a computer.

I'm not familiar with the person you're quoting here, but I can see a lot of truth being said here. Some of us noticed it as far back as the 1970s and 80s. Whatever may have existed as far as any rebellious spirit seemed to wither away. Some of that may have been due to the belief that the "rebels" had won, as the Vietnam War had ended, the Nixon Administration had fallen, and enormous gains had been achieved in terms of civil rights and equality. Some saw that as a victory, that we were no longer the kind of society we once were. We had changed, thanks to that rebellious spirit, but now it seems to have dissipated.

But who knows? Maybe your generation will bring it back. I've noticed a good deal of brazen and brash defiance coming from the younger crowd these days.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
There's no rebellion left. Everyone is just a passive zombie
Then why just this last Tuesday or Wednesday I was arguing with my boss enough that it drew attention from coworkers and patrons? Rebellion is there, but it's not mainstream. It rarely is. And when it's there in art it tends to get banned from radios and galleries and libraries. Rebellion is bad for the status quo. But the spirit of rebellion, true rebellion that has a cause and purpose, real rebellion that happens without it being a fad or trend, those flames of rebellion are inextinguishable. There will always be those of us who simply just don't have enough middle fingers for all the crap out there.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
People have access now to amazing amounts of information, but their attention spans are getting shorter, their focus is gone. Instant gratification. Instant knowledge orgasm!
That is true. Which is rather odd, and terrible, that attention spans are now on average shorter than a goldfish. That used to be reserved for things like autism or adhd where a person is often hyperfocused on something with a great intensity or not focused at all.
I've also noticed younger people often don't know how to make friends. They grew up in the Matrix and don't know people go to clubs, events, groups or other social things to make friends. How do you make them after school? Making them at work is a traditional way. It's another way technology, I believe, has done a net harm to society. We're starting to think using these screens and machines of silicone makes us connected, and I've noticed people around your age put much greater faith in long distance relationships than anyone who came before. They don't work. We need touch and physical contact and presence. I've made some good friends online, but they're an evolution of pen pals. The ones around your age, not always, but often tend to not understand this internet thing is not connected to others in the ways we need.