• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi all, Im looking for some answers.

redsonja

Hi everyone,
I am at a point in life where I feel that I am in Religious Belief Limbo. All of my life I was raised a Catholic (bible stories, rosary every night, belief in God, Jesus and his miracles, etc.) For a few years now, I have been directed towards believing in FACTS not Fiction. I feel like I dont know where Im going anymore when it comes to Faith.
I feel like there is some sort of coverup on religion and Im afraid to believe or disbelieve anything.
I really need some insight on what others think, religious or not.

Thanks
RED

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
redsonja said:
Hi everyone,
I am at a point in life where I feel that I am in Religious Belief Limbo. All of my life I was raised a Catholic (bible stories, rosary every night, belief in God, Jesus and his miracles, etc.) For a few years now, I have been directed towards believing in FACTS not Fiction. I feel like I dont know where Im going anymore when it comes to Faith.
I feel like there is some sort of coverup on religion and Im afraid to believe or disbelieve anything.

Thanks
RED
Hi, Red!

Welcome to our happy little forum. :D This is a great place to hang out. You'll find lots of different beliefs and perspectives here and, for the most part, a great group of people. Enjoy yourself and be sure to let us hear from you often.

Kathryn

robtex

Veteran Member
Cool handle. NIce to meet you. Not to worry. Finding out where you stand on belief or non-belief doesn't have to have a time frame. Whatever you decide realize that the reality you discover or fail to discover will still exist with your belief/non-belief or without. I hope you find a home here and find serenity in the answers you find and the theories you develop.

benjosh

redsonja said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
RED
Okay, first thing, you don't need religion (you've already had that) you need relationship with God.
Do you believe in Him?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
benjosh said:
Okay, first thing, you don't need religion (you've already had that) you need relationship with God.
Do you believe in Him?
Hi there! Welcome!

I agree with with this statement very much.

I am a Christian and I firmly believe that all you need to find the answers is an open Heart...and a Bible...that it's not about RELIGION...it's about giving your life to Christ and through Christ...developing a personal relationship with God.

There really are a lot of "fuzzies" when it comes to RELIGION...because so many people interpret things so differently and different versions of the Bible even...can give a different Spin on things...

But ONE thing is universal, in my opinion, I think among those who believe in God...I think we can all agree that GOD LOVES YOU VERY MUCH and if you humble yourself and pray sincerely that you need direction in your life and need to know WHERE you need to be or do to grow spiritually...HE WILL give you direction. Let your prayer be that HIS WILL be done...and you can't go wrong...

And you're in a good place...I haven't been here for very long at all but I've found that this a wonderful place to "converse" and learn about different takes on religion from some pretty groovy people...:D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
redsonja said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
RED
greetings and welcome!

let me see if i understand this, you were a catholic, and now your not sure you believe it!

well, there are many other forms of christianity i fyou still believed in the main concept of jesus christ. mayb eyou would like to explore some of those, we have people on the forum that can giv eyou a whistle-stop tour of a wide variety of denominations

if you think you do not believ ein the concept of jesus christ, but still feel tha tyou need to be of some religion, may i suggest you take a look at some of the more spiritual religions, like buddhism for example.

hehe, one final suggestion: you must make the final decision, not me, not fred next door, and not jim down the road, you! so i would suggest you do some research, ask some hard questions, ask some more hard questions, do some more research, so as to make an informed choice.

please, feel free to PM (private message) me to ask questions and guidance, i can't promise i will have the answers, bu tim sure i can help get you started if you so wish.

blessed be, and may your soul find peace
mike

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
redsonja said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
RED
Hi Red,

Firstly, Welcome to Religious Forums!

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to look at.
You don't give your age on the profile, which might have made answering your question a little easier. My guess is that you were 'brought up in the faith' as you say, unquestioningly, school then made you ask questions about everything and taught you to question everything, and you have litterally said to yourseld "Hey but how about all this stuff I have learned, and just accepted at face value all these years, should I not query that ?"

The answer obviously is "Yes". To follow a faith blindly because you have been taught to is not, in my book, the best way to deal with faith.

You will obviously need to do quite a bit of soul searching, give yourself time, and when there is something that 'clicks' inside you, you will know you are on the right path. The fact that you are questioning is a good start, and the obviously uncomfortable 'limbo' as you call it shows that you want to find out.

I hope you find what you are looking for; I was 'lucky' I started off with no preconceptions, no religion, I found my own way.:)

benjosh

Welcome,

I like what Carlos Castenada said. I think it is important when determining who you will walk with. And, if you participate in this forum you will have a lot of people trying to help you in your walk with a power greater than yourself (and yet, a part of yourself, also)
So, choose those you will walk with from your heart first and then get your head together.
Here's what Carlos said,
" Any path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you. . . . . Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question . . . Does this path have a heart? If it does the pathis good; if it doesn't it is of no use. "
BenJosh

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Red. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :jiggy: