• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi everyone!

LadyJuly

I'm new to these forums.

Eh, I'm not exactly sure where to start regarding a formal introduction, other than to say that I have recently decided to go to a local UU.

Ask me anything.. I'll give my best attempt at an answer! :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Hi, LadyJuly! Welcome to our forum! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Welcome to RF :)
I'm not UU, but it's a faith that I like a lot. I'd love to visit one, but there isn't one near me.
Hope to see you around!

applewuud

Welcome, LadyJuly.

What inspired you to go to a UU church/fellowship/society? How did you hear about it? And, how did you hear about RF?

LadyJuly

Thanks!

Applewuud- I actually used to go to one when I lived in Phoenix. I really liked the positive general message.
Recently, I've had an experience I can only call spiritual, and as a now former atheist, I'm not sure exactly where to go. I've been to lots of Christian churches in the past, but none of them felt right. I'm just trying to find something that fits or gives me freedom to fit.

Trey of Diamonds

Thanks!

Applewuud- I actually used to go to one when I lived in Phoenix. I really liked the positive general message.
Recently, I've had an experience I can only call spiritual, and as a now former atheist, I'm not sure exactly where to go. I've been to lots of Christian churches in the past, but none of them felt right. I'm just trying to find something that fits or gives me freedom to fit.

UU is the perfect place for indecision. :D

cesara

Reclaiming my innocence
*waves* I'm new here, too and just recently decided to join our local UU. :)

Nice to know there are others out there in RF :)

Wolfscout1

Spiritual Warrior.
The thing I like most about my UU church is that we are all so eclectic.
Yet we can come together and have a lovely service, do things as a community.
And not have our individual beliefs create strife in our goals.
It's nice when others accept "the terminology practice" and can move forward.