• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi from Aloha, Oregon

scottb

I'm Scott the First, the Pope of the Holy Deist Church.

OK, maybe there isn't really a Holy Deist Church, but if there was, I would certainly be the Pope.

OK, maybe I'm just a guy with a little imagination, an sense of fun, and a little too much free time. Whatever.

I'm what I call a Contemporary Deist. I believe that an idea of God can be defined as the mysterious source of causation. Whether the mysterious cause is natural or supernatural is not too important. If it is a mystery, it can be called an act of God. This concept provides a common ground for people of all faiths, whether fundamentalist Christian, or Atheist, and it does so without supporting any given establishment of religion.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here.

- Scott :priest:

p.s. I Stumbled you.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome Scott, I mean Your Holiness.

I'm the head and only member of my church too. It's kind of cool, except that the collection plates are usually pretty light.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
index.php