• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi, I hope I am welcome here

mediumaevum

Hi, I just joined this forum, and I hope I am welcome here.

I do not belong to any particular religion, group or community for that matter.

I was born a Lutheran-Protestant Christian (as is the vast majority where I come from, due to State Church). I opted out of the State Church, not only because I wanted to save money, I justified it to myself by the fact that Jesus says that one should pray in silence.

I am not an atheist, nor am I agnostic. But nor do I believe that Jesus was a real figure who was crucified and died. It is my belief that we must seek deeper than that, we must seek into the actual storytelling and the philosophy that it so teaches in order to be saved.

I have undergone, and I hope and expect that I will still be continuing this, journey of philosophy.

I believe that ignorance is the root to all evil. I accept questions about my faith, I even accept pinching and poking at it, as my faith has nothing to hide.

To me it really doesn't make a whole lot difference IF (I am not saying it is so), but even IF God is merely a product of electrical and chemical impulses in the brain. It still doesn't change the fact that the belief in God has caused both good and bad stuff that otherwise wouldn't have occured (miracles and calamites) depending on how the teachings of God was applied righteously or wrongly. At least not the way it occured or the the extends they occured.

Of course, right and wrong deeds would still happen, even without the belief in God.
But the belief in God provides a kind of hope and fear (depending on how the faith is applied) that doesn't exist elsewhere.

I will start a thread more about that topic later (will be my first thread, I promise).

As with Death, my faith also addresses that issue:

Is there life after Death? I don't know, but again, it really doesn't matter in my faith if there isn't.

Death itself is never a negative thing: Unless there exists a hell after death, which I highly doubt (what should its purpose be? Who will benefit from eternally punishing other 'souls'?), one has everything to gain and only the current life to lose by dying. You obviously cannot suffer when you're dead. So either you will regain life, or you will go into paradise, or, at worst, you will feel nothing. There's nothing negative (to the one who is dead) by being dead.

mediumaevum

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425969 said:
Namaste,

No, you are not welcomed here...

...........sikeeee............greetings!

M.V.

;)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Of course you are welcomed here, m. Just as long as you bring enough gum for the entire class.

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Hi, I just joined this forum, and I hope I am welcome here.

I do not belong to any particular religion, group or community for that matter.

I was born a Lutheran-Protestant Christian (as is the vast majority where I come from, due to State Church). I opted out of the State Church, not only because I wanted to save money, I justified it to myself by the fact that Jesus says that one should pray in silence.

I am not an atheist, nor am I agnostic. But nor do I believe that Jesus was a real figure who was crucified and died. It is my belief that we must seek deeper than that, we must seek into the actual storytelling and the philosophy that it so teaches in order to be saved.

I have undergone, and I hope and expect that I will still be continuing this, journey of philosophy.

I believe that ignorance is the root to all evil. I accept questions about my faith, I even accept pinching and poking at it, as my faith has nothing to hide.

To me it really doesn't make a whole lot difference IF (I am not saying it is so), but even IF God is merely a product of electrical and chemical impulses in the brain. It still doesn't change the fact that the belief in God has caused both good and bad stuff that otherwise wouldn't have occured (miracles and calamites) depending on how the teachings of God was applied righteously or wrongly. At least not the way it occured or the the extends they occured.

Of course, right and wrong deeds would still happen, even without the belief in God.
But the belief in God provides a kind of hope and fear (depending on how the faith is applied) that doesn't exist elsewhere.

I will start a thread more about that topic later (will be my first thread, I promise).

As with Death, my faith also addresses that issue:

Is there life after Death? I don't know, but again, it really doesn't matter in my faith if there isn't.

Death itself is never a negative thing: Unless there exists a hell after death, which I highly doubt (what should its purpose be? Who will benefit from eternally punishing other 'souls'?), one has everything to gain and only the current life to lose by dying. You obviously cannot suffer when you're dead. So either you will regain life, or you will go into paradise, or, at worst, you will feel nothing. There's nothing negative (to the one who is dead) by being dead.

Namasteee~~~

You most certainly welcome! Welcome to RF ^^ Hopefully this forum will offer you a lot - in whatever you might be looking for.