• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi I'm New

?'sNoAnswers

?'sNoAnswers
Hi-

I'm a 27 year old father to be. I found this site today after searching for religious forums and guess what came up :D. I've always been interested in religion, although I'm not sure what to believe myself. Definitely looks like there are a lot of things to read on here. Hopefully I can find some answers, or at least add some questions ;).

~KM

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi KM, welcome and congrats on the blessed event; finding this forum I mean. :D

Oh and congrats on your impending parenthood too.
icon14.gif

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Woooot!! Welcome and Congratulations on your soon-baby. :D

I hope you end up sticking around for a while.
There is lots to learn from all of the different people here.
Most of us are pretty agreeable. :D

:giraffe:

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

I join the others in saying congratulations in the way of parenthood.
Also congratulations on finding us, we don't bite (Unless you have a PBJ sandwich, then I might be tempted)

Further congratulations on being in a brilliant position: Being unsure of your religion. This means, I would imagine, that you have an open mind. First step to finding Ourd. I wish you luck on your search.

Oh and uh... Welcome to RF :D

GhK.

Hi...newbie here too. Also, congrats!

Whether we're strangers or not, forbidden love and fear is so common while the truly good opposite of that is so rare. Why? Because ego loves deception while the soul only loves and hopes to know moral truth (regardless if it's personally agreeable or disagreeable). My soul belongs to life but my ego really doesn't.

Woooot!! Welcome and Congratulations on your soon-baby. :D

I hope you end up sticking around for a while.
There is lots to learn from all of the different people here.
Most of us are pretty agreeable. :D

:giraffe:

Whether we're strangers or not, forbidden love and fear is so common while the truly good opposite of that is so rare. Why? Because ego loves deception while the soul only loves and hopes to know moral truth (regardless if it's personally agreeable or disagreeable). My soul belongs to life but my ego really doesn't.

Greetings

I join the others in saying congratulations in the way of parenthood.
Also congratulations on finding us, we don't bite (Unless you have a PBJ sandwich, then I might be tempted)

Further congratulations on being in a brilliant position: Being unsure of your religion. This means, I would imagine, that you have an open mind. First step to finding Ourd. I wish you luck on your search.

Oh and uh... Welcome to RF :D

GhK.
Open-mindedness is better than single-mindedness? Confusion is better than an organized belief system? Deception is better than truth and moral truth? Guess that explains why George Bush is one of your inspirations in life.

GiantHouseKey

Open-mindedness is better than single-mindedness?

I agree

Confusion is better than an organized belief system?

False Dichotomy... But to a reasonable extent I agree

Deception is better than truth and moral truth?

It depends on the use of deception. And how you define 'Truth'.
...What is a moral truth?

Guess that explains why George Bush is one of your inspirations in life.

Haha George Bush is only an exemplar of how not to do it. The quote in my sig points out this ironic and ridiculous mindset.

Oh sorry um... Was this your thread? I think I missed that part...

I'd be very interested in discussing your ideas with you, as they clearly differ from mine :)

GhK.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Hi and welcome :)
And congrats on being a parent! Do you know the gender? I have 1 girl and 1 boy, boy the youngest. :D

Ooh, and you're not sure what to believe, like me! I'm actively still searching for my faith. I wish you the best of luck in finding one!

Most people here are pretty nice, so I'm sure you'll come to like it here :)

?'sNoAnswers

?'sNoAnswers
Thanks everyone for the welcome notes I appreciate it...
Hi Odion yes were going to have a boy, so I'm pretty excited about that :)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Aww sweet :) Congrats again!

I found it really hard to find a name for a boy I actually liked that I didn't know someone who had (I don't like the idea of naming a kid after someone I know because people get jealous!) :D Neither of ours ended up with the original names we planned. :D