• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi, new here

laserone

Hi, Just found this place thanks to David. Just thought I'd say HI and introduce myself. I'm in Florida, married, no kids, 4 "furkids" (2 dogs, 2 cats), I work at home doing web design and photography. Hubby and I went to the UU church a few times a couple years ago and have just been lazy (we are night owls) but lately have been going more and really love it. We feel so at home there. I'm online a lot and find that a great way to learn about things is often message boards, so I thought I'd check this place out. :)

Lauren

Davidium

Welcome Lauren!

You will find many UU's around these parts, including two of us who are working towards careers in association with our UU faith (I'm working to become a UU Military Chaplain, and Lillithu will be a star academic Theologian in our faith someday :) ). So feel free to ask questions, or even better post observations about the faith from your unique perspective.

I look forward to some wonderful conversations!

YoUUrs in Faith,

David Pyle
Galveston Island, TX
www.uugalveston.org

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi lauren;

Welcome to the forum!

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

You might also like to introduce yourself to the other members by posting on:-
Are you new to ReligiousForums.com?

I hope David has told you what a great site this is - but I dare say you'll find that out for yourself!

Hope you like it here, and I look forwards to seeing you around.:)

may

Hi there , hope you enjoy your stay ,and i am sure you will see many differant thoughts on here to ponder over:)

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Welcome to RF, and enjoy the site. It's got a wide range of topics to learn a great deal about religions and faith or fun threads and the arcade to distract you from work. I live a few miles north of you guys, and some one determined a long time ago that only as long as sweet tea is available, Florida can call itself part of 'da south'.:cool: Have fun and post often.

Davidium

If Jesus came back and saw what was being said and done in his name, he'd never stop throwing up.
I know that's your sig.... but I had to comment...

That's what's great about being a UU... because we do things in our own name, not any great philosopher/teachers....

And we do things in all their names.... Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, Channing, Emerson, Plato, Aristotle, etc, etc....

And so, our actions are our own, for better or for worse....

YoUUrs in Faith,

David Pyle
Galveston Island, TX
www.uugalveston.org

DreamQuickBook

laserone said:
Hi, Just found this place thanks to David. Just thought I'd say HI and introduce myself. I'm in Florida, married, no kids, 4 "furkids" (2 dogs, 2 cats), I work at home doing web design and photography. Hubby and I went to the UU church a few times a couple years ago and have just been lazy (we are night owls) but lately have been going more and really love it. We feel so at home there. I'm online a lot and find that a great way to learn about things is often message boards, so I thought I'd check this place out. :)

Lauren

Fantastic! Another person who works at home. I have 4 Furkids too. Four Cats. Lots of poop. :( Welcome to the board!

laserone

Wow, thanks for all the warm welcomes! :D Looking forward to getting to know you all and the board.

:) Lauren