• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hmmm

Rasheed Saeed

Hi there,
Fairly new to the forums and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rasheed Saeed, I'm 15 YO and I'm an Atheist(Born and brought up a Muslin). Ask questions about me if you want. Any my thoughts.

Why do you believe in god?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Hi there,
Fairly new to the forums and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rasheed Saeed, I'm 15 YO and I'm an Atheist(Born and brought up a Muslin). Ask questions about me if you want. Any my thoughts.

Greetings, RasheedSaeeed. I don't believe in god, well, certainly not in the ordinary sense of the term. I still scratch my head as to why people think prayer is a meaningful act, but that's just me. What might be more interesting is telling us how a person born into a Muslim family has become an atheist. That ought to start tongues wagging. :)

Welcome to the loony bin called ReligiousForums.com :D

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
Hi Rasheed, welcome to the forums.

I just want to start off by saying I was originally born and raised Roman Catholic, but then I became an atheist for many years.

Recently, however, I have begun to look at things from a different perspective. While I don't exactly believe in "God," per se, I have been looking at the universe through what they call a "monist" perspective. Monism is similar to theism, I guess you could say it is the belief in a higher power, but the term "God" is a bit too specific of a term and can become very ambiguous at best.

I apply this monism to a pantheistic perspective, which basically means that the universe itself is this "greater power" in question. "God," myself, and the universe are all mutually inclusive.

I also look at things with a solipsistic viewpoint; the only thing that you or me can ever KNOW to exist are our own inner thoughts/consciousness. How does one put a definition to reality? Life could indeed be just a dream...

Anyways, this type of thinking has been done before. Some of the most advanced scientific minds (Albert Einstein included) have adapted this view of the universe.

Anyways, I hope you are able to find your own perspective, and although science may have all the answers, always remember to ask yourself, "Answers to what?"

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

Hi there,

Because otherwise I'm nihilist.

And welcome.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Namaste and welcome!

I believe simply because I want to, and there's no reason not to.:D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Welcome to The RF!

Your question is not easily answered. I was raised agnostic, my mother lost her faith when she was about 12 (she found it again when I was an adult). I went through years of contemplation as to whether there was a God or not. Then, when I was 17, I became a Christian and I believed in God since. But why, I don't know.

Rasheed Saeed

Thank you all for the welcoming!
My Dad change my whole life because I asked some questions about Allah. Why does Allah let murders to continue killing, whats the benefit of my praying to someone I've never seen, what has he done to me, Theirs scientific proof that Allah didn't create us.

All the questions were ignored by him all the time. And as I didn't want to be a Muslim because I didn't believe he said Allah will send me to hell for not praying to him.

I don't know if all true, but knowing that the Big Bang created the world and being proven, I thought.... Atheist.