• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hope in Trump

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I recall when Bernie Sanders lost the primary that my very best possible outcome for this election would be for Trump to win and then turn his back on everything he promised. Well not litterally everything but to definitly push a bunch of non-conservative issues through.

A few days in he is already talking about keeping parts of the ACA. Hopefully he makes meaningful improvmements or goes back to his 90's opinion that we should have Canadian style socialized healthcare.

He has said some terrible things that are not to be tolerated about minoirities and women in the past. I can live with that if he passes laws and produces results that are favorable. I'd rather have a racist **** of a president that ends war in the middle east, fixes healthcare, betters the economy for all and helps college debt than a female political correctness machine that continued to bomb children and make less than ideal reforms in the homeland.

So to hear trump talk about his idea for caps in interest rates for college debts and forgiveness after 20 years? It made me feel a slight....tiny glimmer of hope that his campaign was an act and that he is a person underneath all that wrinkled orange skin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-laid-out-a-pretty-radical-student-debt-plan/

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I recall when Bernie Sanders lost the primary that my very best possible outcome for this election would be for Trump to win and then turn his back on everything he promised. Well not litterally everything but to definitly push a bunch of non-conservative issues through.

A few days in he is already talking about keeping parts of the ACA. Hopefully he makes meaningful improvmements or goes back to his 90's opinion that we should have Canadian style socialized healthcare.

He has said some terrible things that are not to be tolerated about minoirities and women in the past. I can live with that if he passes laws and produces results that are favorable. I'd rather have a racist **** of a president that ends war in the middle east, fixes healthcare, betters the economy for all and helps college debt than a female political correctness machine that continued to bomb children and make less than ideal reforms in the homeland.

So to hear trump talk about his idea for caps in interest rates for college debts and forgiveness after 20 years? It made me feel a slight....tiny glimmer of hope that his campaign was an act and that he is a person underneath all that wrinkled orange skin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-laid-out-a-pretty-radical-student-debt-plan/
May I post this on fb to discuss with a friend

idav

Being
Premium Member
I'd rather have a racist **** of a president that ends war in the middle east,
That would be rather ironic, having racial issues but choose not to bully other cultures. I for optimism that deep down people like people. It hasn't done us any favors in actual discrimination ever since just having such a candidate.

Really Sanders was the candidate for those things vs. Hillary or Trump.
fixes healthcare,
With that I'm afraid that it will discriminate based on illness but hopeful it won't. From what I hear people will be losing coverage but can always go private.
betters the economy for all and helps college debt than a female political correctness machine that continued to bomb children and make less than ideal reforms in the homeland.
Obama actually has not been meddling, we pulled out of Iraq and got called back. I am how ever against funding Iran, be interesting to see how the Repubs go with.

Both the candidates are for fixing college but I heard him say he wants to cut education funding.

Sanders wanted free college, thats fairly optimistic thinking.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That would be rather ironic, having racial issues but choose not to bully other cultures. I for optimism that deep down people like people. It hasn't done us any favors in actual discrimination ever since just having such a candidate.
It would be ironic but not impossible. I'm more afraid of what we are doing in Syria and surrounding nations.
Really Sanders was the candidate for those things vs. Hillary or Trump.
No candidate is perfect but Bernie Sanders was the 99%
With that I'm afraid that it will discriminate based on illness but hopeful it won't. From what I hear people will be losing coverage but can always go private.
His "new" plans haven't been revealed yet. I am hopeful but so so soooo tentatively.
Obama actually has not been meddling, we pulled out of Iraq and got called back. I am how ever against funding Iran, be interesting to see how the Repubs go with.

Both the candidates are for fixing college but I heard him say he wants to cut education funding.

Sanders wanted free college, thats fairly optimistic thinking.
Depends on what he means in cutting education funding. I am generally against it always but specifically on the debt forgiveness its something we need. I also think it should be brought down to 15 years instead of 20. Five years doesn't sound like a lot but it is. If you graduate with a MA at 25. The difference between being debt free at 40 and 45 is big. It also means that if you had a child right after you got your degree you would be free of debt by the time they went to college.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

He's also said he has better things to do than to prosecute Hillary, and Ryan came out and said no mass deportations.

The liberals seem to not have much of a reason to fear, and the conservatives seem to not have much to celebrate. . . and the election was only five days ago.

It seems he may have just outright lied about everything during his campaign, just to get elected.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
He's also said he has better things to do than to prosecute Hillary, and Ryan came out and said no mass deportations.

The liberals seem to not have much of a reason to fear, and the conservatives seem to not have much to celebrate. . . and the election was only five days ago.

It seems he may have just outright lied about everything during his campaign, just to get elected.
To play devils advocate always, the fear many people had wasn't unjustified. My general feeling has been that Trump is an unknown. Is he probably worse than Hillary? Problably. Is most of what comes out of his mouth bull****? Yeah. The Pence thing was the first time a chill ran down my spine with Trump. More or less I have to hope that it was the RNC making a deal with him and that was a barganing piece.

Mickdrew

What kind of position is this? Vote Trump and then pray he lied about literally everything?
You are pretty much agreeing that he is a sociopath who will say anything to further his own interests.

That'll be why things get worse than we thought, if anything. Look at who h's thinking of choosing:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/what-donald-trumps-cabinet-might-look-like

Bolton and Gingrich for secretary of state? Carson for education? Jesus Christ...

There is no hope with Trump in office, because he will be surrounded by extreme right wingers and corporate lobbyists - all of whom will feed his ego and make him pursue horrible and destructive paths.

Sorry mate, but you are being insanely naive here. He's not going to listen to the people.

David1967

Premium Member

IMHO any president to be successful and truly represent the people needs to lead from closer to the middle. To far left or right and too many people are alienated. I believe he will be more of a moderate than the campaign Donald Trump.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What kind of position is this? Vote Trump and then pray he lied about literally everything?
This is what it looks like to me.
By and large, Trump supporters seem to only agree on one thing. The Trump who ran for office is not the Trump who will run the country.

Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Honestly, I don't see Trump or Hillary being much better than the other. The only real advantage of Hillary was the Supreme Court nominations.
But, seriously, Trump supporters are scaring me more than Trump, and Pence worries me more than all of them.

Shadow Wolf

I've suddenly become glad that the state has labeled me "medically frail," because it means they can't yank my insurance from me.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
You are pretty much agreeing that he is a sociopath who will say anything to further his own interests.

That'll be why things get worse than we thought, if anything. Look at who h's thinking of choosing:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/what-donald-trumps-cabinet-might-look-like

Bolton and Gingrich for secretary of state? Carson for education? Jesus Christ...

There is no hope with Trump in office, because he will be surrounded by extreme right wingers and corporate lobbyists - all of whom will feed his ego and make him pursue horrible and destructive paths.

Sorry mate, but you are being insanely naive here. He's not going to listen to the people.
This is a thread about how I hope I am wrong about Trump. I didn't vote for him nor am I advocating him as even a passible choice for president. I just hope that some good can come out of it. I haven't bet any money on him thats for sure.

Shadow Wolf

This is what it looks like to me.
By and large, Trump supporters seem to only agree on one thing. The Trump who ran for office is not the Trump who will run the country.

Tom
With Trump's continued flopping, I've pretty much given up on trying to predict how the next four years will go. If the Dems play their cards right, they can turn this into a monumental gain, far bigger than had Hillary won. But, given how they are running around like chickens with their head's cut off, I'm not hopeful they are even aware Trump actually does support a number of Left-wing causes, and can probably be moved to an even further Socially Libertarian position, especially if it will help his chances of reelection, which it would.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Trump seems to be quickly stumbling over himself to the left.