• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That leaves out people who don't believe in god, moses, The Buddha, and moses. That's not world peace. Christ and Moses only wanted world peace if you believed in their father. It's not universal. The Buddha's world peace is individually oriented not one humanity. When we each understand the nature life (not relieve suffering but understand it) then we will end rebirth and actually die.

You have to take the spiritual component out because unity involves agreement. If you don't have the same foundation for all people, it's a dominate faith. That's a default regardless the argument against it.
What you said above is important, but we need to talk about this:

"It has been recorded since before the dawn of time that spiritual leaders and healers were first dancers, and in many cases, the dances of Africa are thousands of years old and I pay homage to the ancestors and elders of this tradition. Traditionally, certain dances were used specifically for healing body, mind or spirit. These dances come from a people who did not separate spirituality from everyday life. African dances were performed for any significant event or rites of passage, from birth to death…" ~Ancestral Voices

There is spiritual leaders and healers in tribal societies... Connected to nature and the world around them. What they taught and said was the beginning of religion. The religion was very specific to a people and their culture. I don't think the Baha'i Faith has explained this satisfactorily yet.

But, like with all the other religions, when a tribal people has a prophecy they can use, then they say, "Oh, a leader of a tribe in Africa or South America had a vision of Abdul Baha" or something. But the actual beliefs, and the way the traditions fit into the society and kept them together as a people over time, but now the rituals, the dances, all those things, hasn't been adequately explained by the Baha'is.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So are you actually saying that the world doesn't need Baha'u'llah here?

Not at all. I said we need the spiritual power of A Christ or A Buddha or A Moses. i.e. A Manifestation. Baha'u'llah falls under that category as He is a Buddha and a Moses and a Christ so to speak.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Let's just look at Moses. How did he unite a divided world?

The context was 'spiritual power'. The 'spiritual power' of Moses led His people out of captivity and slavery and..

“Moses established laws and ordinances that conferred new life upon the people of Israel and led them to attain the highest degree of civilization at that time.

Such was their progress that the philosophers of Greece would come to seek knowledge from the learned men of Israel. Among them was Socrates, who came to Syria and acquired from the children of Israel the teachings of the oneness of God and the immortality of the spirit”

Excerpt From: Bahá, Abdu’l. “Some Answered Questions.”

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Each to his own way. But we believe that only the spiritual power of a Christ or a Buddha or Moses can unite a divided world. No other power in human history has the power to unite hearts as does religion.

No. Christ only unites those who believe in his father. John 3:16

No. The Buddha only unites those who believe in the Dharma. If you don't believe in the Dharma, you're stuck in delusions.

No. Moses only unites those who are chosen: The Jews. If you are not god's chosen people, you are not united with the rest of the world. Look into Judaism. They will express their separation as chosen people compared to christians.

The power to "transform" the world is in yourself and your interactions with other people. In many cultures, to transform the world is within their -again culture, language, and traditions within their community- that builds world peace. When everyone agrees with the other, mutual respect, and so forth that's where world peace starts.

No prophet and god(s) can come close to this unless these people or god(s) are a common foundation for all humanity. They are not.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Not at all. I said we need the spiritual power of A Christ or A Buddha or A Moses. i.e. A Manifestation. Baha'u'llah falls under that category as He is a Buddha and a Moses and a Christ so to speak.
Yes, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

You also say 'we NEED' . The capitalization is mine. Hinduism atheism, and all non-prophet based religions obviously don't believe this, as by definition they aren't prophet based religions.

I don't need a prophet. Neither do maybe 3 billion others on this planet. That is why we differ at such a fundamental level.

We can both agree that the physical body NEEDS food, NEEDS shelter etc. But I and many others will forever differ on the psychological need for a prophet. It's very basic psychologically. One type says 'I CAN think for myself." while the other maintains, "I CANNOT think for myself."

Perhaps this is as basic as being born below the equator or above the equator.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

That's a Bahai claim 100 percent.

The Bahullah is not a buddha nor a bodhisattva. A buddha is one who is awakened to enlightenment. Enlightenment has no god.

He is not a Moses. That's silly. God only chose Moses and Aaron to free His chosen people. That's explicitly in scripture. Any Jew and Christian will tell you that.

No. He is not christ. Never was. Never is. Never will be. Bahaullah is an actual person. He is not a Jew. He is not a Roman. He is not a christian. (Didn't one of you say he is a Muslim?) There's a huge problem right there.

I'm assuming you feel Bahaullah is also krishna?

Now that one is way way over blown with The Buddha claim. Krishna is a god. Vishnu is a god. Bahaullah is a person. His name doesn't make him god but a messenger of god.

:(

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What you said above is important, but we need to talk about this:

"It has been recorded since before the dawn of time that spiritual leaders and healers were first dancers, and in many cases, the dances of Africa are thousands of years old and I pay homage to the ancestors and elders of this tradition. Traditionally, certain dances were used specifically for healing body, mind or spirit. These dances come from a people who did not separate spirituality from everyday life. African dances were performed for any significant event or rites of passage, from birth to death…" ~Ancestral Voices

There is spiritual leaders and healers in tribal societies... Connected to nature and the world around them. What they taught and said was the beginning of religion. The religion was very specific to a people and their culture. I don't think the Baha'i Faith has explained this satisfactorily yet.

But, like with all the other religions, when a tribal people has a prophecy they can use, then they say, "Oh, a leader of a tribe in Africa or South America had a vision of Abdul Baha" or something. But the actual beliefs, and the way the traditions fit into the society and kept them together as a people over time, but now the rituals, the dances, all those things, hasn't been adequately explained by the Baha'is.

True. One Bahai said that traditions, language, and culture does not matter in greater peace. They accept diversity in expressions but separate the expressions from the actual beliefs and believers in regards to greater world peace.

I don't know how many posts I wrote about TLC. Probably too many to count. I don't think they got the concept you're talking about.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Great Teachers of the past revealed their teachings for past ages and prescribed no teachings at all for world peace or this age when the religions, nations and races are interconnected and intermingling
This is a big claim with little basis. The ethical structure of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism talk about all people and the entire world. So does Stoic and Nichomachean ethics of Aristotle. The world ideologies are world ideologies precisely because they are scale invariant and provide principles to govern and structure everything from human inner space to intergalactic civilizations. The samsara consists of all the worlds everywhere and Dharma, Dharma, etc. apply everywhere.

So we have a new age dawned upon humanity with no guidance given in the Holy Scriptures of all the major Faiths. Man made attempts have been unable to transform the world and so we remain visionless and without direction with peace being elusive.
Again this is completely false. Even a relatively simple world religion like Islam or Christianity has a full scale vision for the entire world and all its people in the NT and Quran. Buddhism and Hinduism has visions that extend to every world, anywhere and at all times. A multiverse with no vestiges of a beginning or end completely interconnected by karma and transmigration and sustained either through dependent origination or Brahman can tolerate nothing else.

We have also had the great wars and many other terrible wars and violence, drugs, immorality and disunity between the nations, races and religions persist with no end in sight.
Not because of absence of guidance but because of their active rejection. Unclear how yet another guidebook will help.

Although the Teachers such as Buddha, Christ and Moses died, the influence of their teachings lived on and was able to transform civilizations and individuals for centuries to come, even to this day.

But as They had left no guidance for our age as to how to deal with the conflicting creeds, races and nationalities we are divided on how to bring about unity and harmony.
No they (basically the Abrahamic prophets) left an unambiguous message. Follow them and there will be unity and harmony. It's unclear what is new here.

However, They did not leave us empty handed. In all their Holy Books they speak of the last days or the end of the age and of another Great One to come at that time to deliver humanity from the abyss so to speak.

Firstly we are nowhere near any abyss. Quite the contrary. Secondly hundreds of such second coming claims are made every century. Hinduism is clear on this. The second coming will occur at the end of days (Mahabharata) before the earth gets destroyed by a fire storm caused by a ferocious sun. That looks a billion years from now. Buddhists simply have another Buddha coming when through the immense stretches of time, current Buddha's teaching are all lost. It's now where near this case. I have read both Isiah and Revelations and what they describe messiah will do has nothing in common with what Bahaiullah does.

Christians await the Second Coming which is to usher in the Kingdom of God, a spiritual civilisation, Muslims await the Mahdi, the Jews, the Lord of Hosts, the Vaishnavite Hindus - Kalki, the tenth Avatar and the Buddhists Maitreya Amitabha Buddha.

Baha'is believe this is all referrring to the same Great Teacher

Would not another Moses, Buddha, Christ or Krishna have the spiritual influence to transform the world? Just as in the past their influence was so powerful it can even be felt today thousands of years later.

So is it not possible that another of these Great Teachers could revive and regenerate humanity spiritually? If Christ today still holds influenced over billions of Christians 2,000 yrs after His passing then if another Teacher with the same power were to appear today couldn't His Teachings also change the world?

Baha'is believe this Great Teacher has appeared and the Promised One foretold by all the major religions has come to bring peace and harmony to this divided world.
Please see above. From outside your faith, your claim do not appear convincing.

Baha'is also believe that the mystical power of These Beings is as such 'Be, and it is'. Whatever they proclaim and decree musters invisible spiritual forces to bring about the execution of Their Words.
Sorry but this also looks incredible. Maybe Jules Verne who talked about world civilizations, submarines, global communications etc. many years before they happened also have such mystical powers. Maybe Isaac Asimov also has such powers and we will truly have an intergalactic civilization one day. This looks like nothing more than an idle dreamer arrogating the credit of actual work of others through unverifiable claims of invisible powers.

For example. When Baha'u'llah uttered this word...

"The world is but one country and mankind its citizens" it was a 'mother verse' which brought forth the sciences, technologies and world communications to shrink the world into a global village.
Evidence that this verse brought forth all of these things? Maybe this verse did:-

This world is the honey of all beings and all beings are the honey of this world. The great Spirit that animates this world is the same Self that animates the bodies of all these beings. The world and all beings are this one Whole, Brahman. (upanisad 1000 BCE)

Now, with the internet, the world truly is as one country and we as its citizens. We can communicate over voice and video all over the world with each other as if being in one another's home.

This, we believe is as a result of just one 'Mother Word'. To some this may seem unrealistic but if one will carefully examine Baha'u'llah's Words and compare them with movements born since and the direction of humanity since He revealed them they might find that humanity is moving towards His teachings unknowingly.
Maybe it's Dante who words are producing this effect. Here is what he said in 14th century

The Italian poet, philosopher, and statesperson, Dante (1265–1321), perhaps best articulated the Christian ideal of human unity and its expression through a world governed by a universal monarch. In The Banquet [Convivio], Dante argued that wars and all their causes would be eliminated if “the whole earth and all that humans can possess be a monarchy, that is, one government under one ruler. Because he possesses everything, the ruler would not desire to possess anything further, and thus, he would hold kings contentedly within the borders of their kingdoms, and keep peace among them” (Convivio, 169). In Monarchia [1309–13] (1995, 13), a full political treatise affirming universal monarchy, Dante draws on Aristotle to argue that human unity stems from a shared end, purpose or function, to develop and realize fully and constantly humanity's distinct intellectual potential. In Book I, Dante argues that peace is a vital condition for realizing this end, and peace cannot be maintained if humanity is divided. Just as “[e]very kingdom divided against itself shall be laid waste” (15), since humankind shares one goal, “there must therefore be one person who directs and rules mankind, and he is properly called ‘Monarch’ or ‘Emperor’. And thus it is apparent that the well-being of the world requires that there be a monarchy or empire” (15). Most importantly, when conflicts inevitably arise between two rulers who are equals, “there must be a third party of wider jurisdiction who rules over both of them by right”; a universal monarch is necessary as “a first and supreme judge, whose judgment resolves all disputes either directly or indirectly” (21–2). In the absence of a universal monarch, humanity is “transformed into a many-headed beast,” striving after “conflicting things” (43–4); humankind ordered under a universal monarch, however, “will most closely resemble God, by mirroring the principle of oneness or unity of which he is the supreme example” (xvii and 19). Dante completes his treatise by extolling the Roman Empire as “a part of God's providential plan for humanity” (xxxiii). And while Dante argued for a universal emperor whose temporal power was distinct from the pope's religious power, and not derivative from the latter, he envisioned that God's will must require pope and emperor to forge a cooperative and conciliatory, rather than competitive and antagonistic, relationship.

Replace an Athenian council of elders in place of a monarch and you have the current idea of world government. Perhaps it was Dante's mystical power all along that propelled Europe to global colonization as a means to hasten this end? Consider how one can prove or disprove this?

Great thinkers such as Vivekanada spent almost two months at the Green Acre Bahá'í School

Green Acre Bahá'í School - Wikipedia

Decades before it became a Bahai center. Read the link.

Gandhi has numerous contacts with Baha'is and consulted them on occasion.

Mahatma Gandhi and the Bahá'ís

It is clear, I believe, that some of our greatest spiritual leaders have been influenced by Baha'u'llah's teachings.
Gandhi had contact with everyone. Does his writings acknowledge that Bahaiullah teachings were one of his seminal influences? No. So once again you are positing mysterious invisible influences that have no way to be verified.

Perhaps that is faith. But I hope you see how it looks implausible to others?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
If you could find something that wasn't from Baha'i sources, it would be more convincing.

You're basically saying 'the Baha'i faith is great because the Baha'i faith says that it is great."

The source is given as Bombay Chronicle May 24, 1944

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
One type says 'I CAN think for myself." while the other maintains, "I CANNOT think for myself."

So blunt and so true. If cultural appropriation wasn't in the mix, I would have probably stop thousands of posts ago. A lot of us are trained to look to others. Our parents. Our popes, Our bosses. Our spouses. It's a cultural thing but it does have a double edge sword. I'm assuming the opposite does too. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So blunt and so true. If cultural appropriation wasn't in the mix, I would have probably stop thousands of posts ago. A lot of us are trained to look to others. Our parents. Our popes, Our bosses. Our spouses. It's a cultural thing but it does have a double edge sword. I'm assuming the opposite does too. I just haven't figured it out yet.
I think the key is NEED. Yes, of course Baha'u'llah had some good ideas about world peace. Other prophets probably had some good ideas too. As did thousands of historical figures. We obviously don't need every single one of them. If we just listened to any one of those thousands, things would probably be good.

This 'NEED" thing is odd to me.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Thank you for honestly answering my question, which was .... You honestly don't see any contraction?

At his point i really honestly don't know what to say.

You see, I honestly see tremendous contradiction between the two statements. In one you're saying all religions are fine, but then you add 'according to Baha'i thereby putting Baha'i above all of the rest, and go on a rant about the greatness of Baha'u'llah, which is the very essence of any prophet based religion. I don't see how you can have it both ways. All religions can't possible be equal if one religion is better than the rest.
That's my problem too. They use the school analogy and say that the next teacher in the higher grade is building on what the previous teacher taught. That's great, but from what we know about religions is that they all teach different things about who we are, where we're going and how to get there.

But that's not a problem for them, because those differences aren't the Baha'i reality. The truth about all the other religions is what Baha'u'llah says it is... and that is that they all came from one source, God, and all taught essentially the same thing. Only the "social" laws changed over time to bring people together at a more advanced stage of development.

Works decent for Abrahamic religions, but even they have issues. But it leaves out so many religions from great civilizations... like Shintoism, Confucianism, Taoism, Mithraism and countless others. Religions to me that seem totally mythical. But that's all right, for me, even a lot of the Bible sounds mythical.

But one religion they don't leave out is Hinduism. They try and fit it into their scheme of things. You being here has put the old monkey wrench into the works. They would have been happy saying that Krishna was the manifestation and founder of Hinduism. But you called them on that. There is no founder. And I think maybe Carlita or someone added that Krishna is not just a manifestation but an incarnation of a Hindu God.

But still they go round and round. "Yes, we are better, because we have the truth for today. And no, we are no better, because all religions spoke the truth of God. But, then again, we are better because all religions have lost their original message. But since originally, all religions taught the same truth, then we are no better"... and it goes on and on.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That's my problem too. They use the school analogy and say that the next teacher in the higher grade is building on what the previous teacher taught. That's great, but from what we know about religions is that they all teach different things about who we are, where we're going and how to get there.

Each of the teachers in the grade school analogy, if I interpret it, are all teaching different subjects.

Heck, that latest insinuation about Gandhi being influenced by Baha'i? It reeks of both egocentrism and ethnocentrism. Here's the wiki article on ahimsa, and its origins. Bahai isn't even mentioned. Ahimsa has very clearly been a long time tenet of Hinduism, a very basic tenet. To claim, 'We invented it' is both preposterous and insulting.

Ahimsa - Wikipedia

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Good question. We would need to consider specific instances. Probably the most common concern is the genocide of the Canaanites and Amelikites by the Israelites. The Christian apologists appear to have plausible arguments from the penteuch as to why God chose to use the Hebrew people to bring God's judgement. The arguments are essentially they were very immoral and had been warned by God to change their ways. I'm unable to find anything in the Baha'i writings that elaborates.
For me, I'm good with that the Hebrews wrote their history as if they were a special "chosen" people.Their God wanted to give them the land of Canaan, so they conquered it. Did God really have a say in it? I don't know. Did other people have Holy Books that made them the chosen ones of their God? I think so. But how many others still have a continual story like the Jews? So maybe their God does have something special for them.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Its a very good answer. As I said in an earlier post today, Baha'is should see non-Baha'is as Baha'is and ourselves as non-Baha'is.

I should be getting you to answer my questions.:)
Thanks, but with all the threads you're involved with, how do you find time to play the guitar? I'm really concerned about your priorities.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Yes, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

You also say 'we NEED' . The capitalization is mine. Hinduism atheism, and all non-prophet based religions obviously don't believe this, as by definition they aren't prophet based religions.

I don't need a prophet. Neither do maybe 3 billion others on this planet. That is why we differ at such a fundamental level.

We can both agree that the physical body NEEDS food, NEEDS shelter etc. But I and many others will forever differ on the psychological need for a prophet. It's very basic psychologically. One type says 'I CAN think for myself." while the other maintains, "I CANNOT think for myself."

Perhaps this is as basic as being born below the equator or above the equator.
So, you said you believe in God Shiva, right? Let me ask something, so I understand your view. How did Shiva communicate with human beings? Is your God still communicates with human beings? If yes, how? If no, why not?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So, you said you believe in God Shiva, right? Let me ask something, so I understand your view. How did Shiva communicate with human beings? Is your God still communicates with human beings? If yes, how? If no, why not?

Thank you for asking. I don't expect you to understand, as the paradigms are really different. There are always preconceived notions and biases in such questions. There are several misconceptions right in your question.

For Saivites like me, it's not 'How did?" but 'How does?" Shiva is no myth to us. Shiva in reality is in the here and now, right now all the time, as He (God, in Hinduism is actually genderless, but that's another discussion.) So firstly, its an active living faith, been around for 7000 Plus years, still a spiritual home to almost a billion people, not some 'ancient' long gone faith.

Yes He still communicates, because He's right there all the time. He's in the heart, in the sahaswara chakra, and all through consciousness. So for Hindus, it's more a concept of recognisig a being that is just always there, permeating, much like gravity is. Secondly, He communicates through the temple or the living Satguru.

For actual day to day ideas, He communicates in two ways primarily, directly though insight or intuition, called the superconscious mind, or God's mind. So that portion of the human mind that is not clouded by ego, by attachment, by false thinking, etc. is God's mind. We are part of His creation, and extension.

I hope this helps you, but I don't have high hopes given the length and nature of this discussion at present. But yes, that's the essential view of the monistic Saiva Siddhanta school within the vast religion today known as Hinduism. Many sects within Hinduism and outside of Hinduism will see it differently. Unlike many, we don't see our view as being right for humanity, just right for us.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
This is a big claim with little basis. The ethical structure of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism talk about all people and the entire world. So does Stoic and Nichomachean ethics of Aristotle. The world ideologies are world ideologies precisely because they are scale invariant and provide principles to govern and structure everything from human inner space to intergalactic civilizations. The samsara consists of all the worlds everywhere and Dharma, Dharma, etc. apply everywhere.

Again this is completely false. Even a relatively simple world religion like Islam or Christianity has a full scale vision for the entire world and all its people in the NT and Quran. Buddhism and Hinduism has visions that extend to every world, anywhere and at all times. A multiverse with no vestiges of a beginning or end completely interconnected by karma and transmigration and sustained either through dependent origination or Brahman can tolerate nothing else.

Not because of absence of guidance but because of their active rejection. Unclear how yet another guidebook will help.

No they (basically the Abrahamic prophets) left an unambiguous message. Follow them and there will be unity and harmony. It's unclear what is new here.

Firstly we are nowhere near any abyss. Quite the contrary. Secondly hundreds of such second coming claims are made every century. Hinduism is clear on this. The second coming will occur at the end of days (Mahabharata) before the earth gets destroyed by a fire storm caused by a ferocious sun. That looks a billion years from now. Buddhists simply have another Buddha coming when through the immense stretches of time, current Buddha's teaching are all lost. It's now where near this case. I have read both Isiah and Revelations and what they describe messiah will do has nothing in common with what Bahaiullah does.

Please see above. From outside your faith, your claim do not appear convincing.

Sorry but this also looks incredible. Maybe Jules Verne who talked about world civilizations, submarines, global communications etc. many years before they happened also have such mystical powers. Maybe Isaac Asimov also has such powers and we will truly have an intergalactic civilization one day. This looks like nothing more than an idle dreamer arrogating the credit of actual work of others through unverifiable claims of invisible powers.

Evidence that this verse brought forth all of these things? Maybe this verse did:-

This world is the honey of all beings and all beings are the honey of this world. The great Spirit that animates this world is the same Self that animates the bodies of all these beings. The world and all beings are this one Whole, Brahman. (upanisad 1000 BCE)

Maybe it's Dante who words are producing this effect. Here is what he said in 14th century

The Italian poet, philosopher, and statesperson, Dante (1265–1321), perhaps best articulated the Christian ideal of human unity and its expression through a world governed by a universal monarch. In The Banquet [Convivio], Dante argued that wars and all their causes would be eliminated if “the whole earth and all that humans can possess be a monarchy, that is, one government under one ruler. Because he possesses everything, the ruler would not desire to possess anything further, and thus, he would hold kings contentedly within the borders of their kingdoms, and keep peace among them” (Convivio, 169). In Monarchia [1309–13] (1995, 13), a full political treatise affirming universal monarchy, Dante draws on Aristotle to argue that human unity stems from a shared end, purpose or function, to develop and realize fully and constantly humanity's distinct intellectual potential. In Book I, Dante argues that peace is a vital condition for realizing this end, and peace cannot be maintained if humanity is divided. Just as “[e]very kingdom divided against itself shall be laid waste” (15), since humankind shares one goal, “there must therefore be one person who directs and rules mankind, and he is properly called ‘Monarch’ or ‘Emperor’. And thus it is apparent that the well-being of the world requires that there be a monarchy or empire” (15). Most importantly, when conflicts inevitably arise between two rulers who are equals, “there must be a third party of wider jurisdiction who rules over both of them by right”; a universal monarch is necessary as “a first and supreme judge, whose judgment resolves all disputes either directly or indirectly” (21–2). In the absence of a universal monarch, humanity is “transformed into a many-headed beast,” striving after “conflicting things” (43–4); humankind ordered under a universal monarch, however, “will most closely resemble God, by mirroring the principle of oneness or unity of which he is the supreme example” (xvii and 19). Dante completes his treatise by extolling the Roman Empire as “a part of God's providential plan for humanity” (xxxiii). And while Dante argued for a universal emperor whose temporal power was distinct from the pope's religious power, and not derivative from the latter, he envisioned that God's will must require pope and emperor to forge a cooperative and conciliatory, rather than competitive and antagonistic, relationship.

Replace an Athenian council of elders in place of a monarch and you have the current idea of world government. Perhaps it was Dante's mystical power all along that propelled Europe to global colonization as a means to hasten this end? Consider how one can prove or disprove this?

Decades before it became a Bahai center. Read the link.

Gandhi had contact with everyone. Does his writings acknowledge that Bahaiullah teachings were one of his seminal influences? No. So once again you are positing mysterious invisible influences that have no way to be verified.

Perhaps that is faith. But I hope you see how it looks implausible to others?

Thank you for all your effort and taking the time to reply and express your views which I appreciate very much.

We can all work towards peace and hopefully one day we will be united. I think Hindus are great people and have learned a lot from them already here so anything you wish to share with me please feel free.

Id be very happy if I could have cordial relations with Hindus as i believe in some things you believe in.

Any books you can recommend especially scriptures if you have any I will likely buy and read them.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Wow. So Gandhi got all his stuff about ahimsa from the Bahai, not from Hinduism. Cool!

I searched Gandhi and Baha'i, and every single hit was a Baha'i source.

No he didn't get ahimsa from Baha'is he got it from Hinduism. I didn't say or infer that. And the source I gave is from a 1944 newspaper which is not available online but I'm sure it can be verified.