• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are votes taken where you are?

Draka

Wonder Woman
What I mean is, there is a variety in how people register their votes. Whether by touch screen machines, or paper ballots, or what-have-you. How is it done in your state/area?

Where I live you get a paper ballot and a pencil and simply fill in bubbles like you did for tests in high school. You then feed your ballot into a machine that reads all the ballots and tabulates the marks.

How is it done where you are?

Draka

Wonder Woman
A lot of people have looked, yet no one answered. :( Darn, I was really curious too.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I'll be honest, I'm not sure. We've used the touch screens in this county, but I don't know if that's the same in this precinct as I'm out of the main city and in a smaller one now.

Maybe you'll get answers after the election? :p

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
The official method in our county is using an optical scanner to "read" paper ballots, but the electronic touch-screen ballots are becoming a lot more normal (the machines we use create a paper record that accompanies each electronic ballot).

I haven't used a traditional paper ballot for a couple of years now.