• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did religion evolve?

Sententia

Firstly, I got 4kbps download speed here so excuse me from YouTube videos.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. I believe you CAN prove whether someone has actually been Divinely inspired or not. Or wait, no you CAN'T. Well ... its a bit more complex than that ... please restate what you are asking so I am sure what I am answering. Thanks.

How do you prove something is divine or divinely inspired?

If its subjective and can't be proven then how do you use that to judge other religions and their divinity?

Smoke

Done here.
I believe you CAN prove whether someone has actually been Divinely inspired or not. Or wait, no you CAN'T. Well ... its a bit more complex than that
I don't believe you can prove whether someone has been divinely inspired; in fact, I think the possibility is so remote that divine inspiration is not even a meaningful concept.

However, I think this has been a very interesting and productive thread, and I have a new reading list and new things to think about, which is a very good situation to be in. :)

Sententia

I don't believe you can prove whether someone has been divinely inspired; in fact, I think the possibility is so remote that divine inspiration is not even a meaningful concept.

However, I think this has been a very interesting and productive thread, and I have a new reading list and new things to think about, which is a very good situation to be in. :)

Completely agree. I will point out though that you have the oddest profile picture... hehe

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Its religious evolution in this thread ... I will start a new one regarding
"Divine Inspiration: Proof That He Had"

But give me a couple of days.