• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you prefer eating your fruit?

How do you prefer eating your fruit?

• Always whole or sliced in big pieces - no utensils, just me and my teeth

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Always cut in bite-size

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Mostly whole or sliced in big pieces - no utensils

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Mostly cut in bite-size

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Either way is OK

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nefelie

~~~

Me and my hubby are having a debate on how people prefer eating their fruit (stop laughing! It’s a real debate!)

We both agree that most (if not all) people will not slice or cut before eating them fruits like bananas, grapes, cherries and all fruit that are already in bite-size.

The debate is about fruit like apples, peaches, melons etc.

So, help us out here and vote what you prefer! :D

~~~

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I like to make a big bowl of mixed fruit chopped up and nuked that I have with yoghurt and oat bran for breakfast. I also like to eat whole fruit.

Onyx

Premium Member
I usually slice them. Sometimes the Fuji apples I like can be rotten on the inside and it's better to find out first. Also, melons have more vitamins near the rind so I think its good to eat right up to it. Grapefruits get sliced in half.

Nefelie

~~~

Laika and Wu Wei, thank you for your votes :)

I like to stand on my head when I eat fruit.

…I’m trying to picture that… Help me out: is the fruit whole or cut? :D

I like to make a big bowl of mixed fruit chopped up and nuked that I have with yoghurt and oat bran for breakfast. I also like to eat whole fruit.

Wow!

I usually slice them. Sometimes the Fuji apples I like can be rotten on the inside and it's better to find out first. Also, melons have more vitamins near the rind so I think its good to eat right up to it. Grapefruits get sliced in half.

You slice in half the grapefruit… and then? Use spoon?

~~~

Onyx

Premium Member
You slice in half the grapefruit… and then? Use spoon?
Yeah but you gotta cut around the edge with a knife first or use a special grapefruit spoon. Been doing these lately though:
Free-Sundia-Grapefruit-Fruit-Cup-.jpg

HonestJoe

Other than as part of a sit-down meal, I much prefer fruit you can just eat as it is. In fact I’ll generally select fruit on that basis – I quite like oranges but generally won’t bother getting them because of the hassle getting at the good bits (proper oranges rather than satsumas etc.).

GoodbyeDave

The fresh fig I had lunch-time was peeled and sliced. The clementine (satsuma, whatever — I can't tell them apart) for dinner will be peeled, sectioned, scraped clean of pith, and arranged on a plate with dates. I like my meals stylish!

I remember an experimental film some years ago (UK readers will not be surprised that it was on Chanel 4) called "Eating fruit underwater". That's what it was.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It depends on the fruit. Apples, pears, bananas, oranges... hand sized fruits, I guess... just my hands and my teeth. Mangoes have to be peeled, the skin is too tough. I cut kiwis in half then scoop 'em like you scoop a soft-boiled egg. Melons have to be cut into manageable size pieces. But for all of these I use my hands, no utensils.

VioletVortex

It really depends on the fruit and the situation. I obviously eat the smaller berries, cherries, and grapes whole. Almost always, I eat peaches, plums, apples, and pears whole. As for melons, always cut up.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Why nuke a good thing?

I always eat my cereal with yoghurt and fruit (mostly strawberries and blueberries but sometimes craisins). One of my sons occasionally sends me some of his homemade granola: outstanding!

A large bowl of fruit (only) salad goes well with a proper white wine in the summer, and slices apples works well with hummus any time of the year.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I'll eat berries, grapes, cherries, plums, oranges, grapefruit, and bananas whole. Any other tree fruit or kiwi gets sliced. I like melon and pineapple in chunks, either large or small.

Akivah

Apples, grapes, all berries, and bananas - just eat 'em.
Kiwi - cut in half and scoop with a spoon. I find the skin too bitter to eat.
Melons - either cut into wedges and eat with a spoon OR cut into bite sized pieces for a fruit salad. They are just too big and skin is too hard to eat like an apple.
Pineapple - either cut into bite sized pieces; or core it and cut into bagel-shaped slices.