• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many people think they would like a tulpa?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
No. It's just mental illness or people being desperate for attention. It used to be called having an imaginary friend, but now these weirdos want to pretend they somehow exist. They need to go out and make real friends.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Nah. I have enough going on upstairs. I don't want to share that space with another.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm not sure, but it sounds like I may have created one or two on occasion without fully understand it.

For all I know, I may actually be a tulpa myself. There was an episode decades ago that brings me suspicions.

Or it may just have been psychological dissociation.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nothing wrong with a mental avatar. It's how theism works, but it's not limited just with religion.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No. It's just mental illness or people being desperate for attention. It used to be called having an imaginary friend, but now these weirdos want to pretend they somehow exist. They need to go out and make real friends.

It sounds actively unhealthy to deliberately try and disassociate aspects of your thoughts and personality like this to me.