• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many religions say they can grant wishes literally?...

Frank Goad

Here is one: Wish - Wikipedia

Religion[edit]​

In Christianity, especially among Roman Catholic, Lutheran and Anglican denominations, believers pray novenas to request a favour they wish to obtain.[2]

Within Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, the Kalpavriksha trees were believed to have once held the ability to grant wishes.[3][4] The Cintamani stone of Hindu-Buddhist origin is considered to parallel the Philosopher's Stone of western alchemy and also thought to be capable of fulfilling any wishes.[5]

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Religions don't grant wishes.

However, followers of some religions may appoint icons that have the ability to grant wishes. There have been such followers and items in dharmic religions, as you have already pointed out.

rocala

I don't think any can. There are some people of my acquaintance who should consider themselves blessed about it too.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I've never heard of any religion that says that it can grant wishes and make things come true