• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should I tell my Christian Family I'm a Satanic Witch?

I don't really know where else to ask this..how do I tell my Christian family that I practice true ancient Satanism and Witchcraft??
Do you have experience with this? Or you and your family practice the same religion..?

First question I have, is there any pressing reason to tell them?
Well I want to be who I am with them. I mean I love Satan and my soul is dedicated to Satan Lucifer. But they literally oppose Satan hence they oppose Me. So its awkward...
They probably wouldn't like that I have summoned Demons where they live and have Guardian Demons ..

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Well I want to be who I am with them. I mean I love Satan and my soul is dedicated to Satan Lucifer. But they literally oppose Satan hence they oppose Me. So its awkward...
They probably wouldn't like that I have summoned Demons where they live and have Guardian Demons ..
I would go with Kirran's post number 6...

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Present it as the better of two alternatives: "I have decided that instead of shaving my head and begging in airports that I want to live wild and free."

Or...say "I'm going through a phase." or "I have to go away for a while. Think of it as another planet." That is what they are going to hear no matter what you tell them. :(

Laika

Premium Member
I don't really know where else to ask this..how do I tell my Christian family that I practice true ancient Satanism and Witchcraft??
Do you have experience with this? Or you and your family practice the same religion..?

Maybe you can practice telling them with voodoo dolls? :)

The only reason not to say anything is if you have a reasonable fear that they will react so badly that they may throw you out the house or get physically violent. But that won't be because of your faith and more likely down to a pre-existing problem in the relationship. So its not your fault and not something to feel guilty about- only something to be careful of.

If you hang aroud here on the forums for a while, you can let off some steam now and then and I've found that is a useful coping mechanism.

Maybe you can practice telling them with voodoo dolls? :)

The only reason not to say anything is if you have a reasonable fear that they will react so badly that they may throw you out the house or get physically violent. But that won't be because of your faith and more likely down to a pre-existing problem in the relationship. So its not your fault and not something to feel guilty about- only something to be careful of.

If you hang aroud here on the forums for a while, you can let off some steam now and then and I've found that is a useful coping mechanism.
Well my mom did suspect it awhile back and told me others wouldn't let me in the house if they knew. They may not want me to be in their houses or around them because they would know I have Guardian Demons and/or they'd think I bring Satanic Energy with me. Our energies naturally conflict literally and we have different agendas. Thanks though ❤️

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
I have firsthand experience with the whole telling family you practice an "offbeat" religion thing. If you're not yet financially independent, the simple answer is, don't. Unless you know they'd be ok with it it is not worth it to risk your stability over telling them things they don't even need to know. What you believe is your business only, you aren't obligated to tell them. I broke it to my parents slowly over the course of years as I slowly brought things into the house, with it finally ending in them just seeing my Etsy. We don't talk about it, I've never admitted to anything, it's just that looming thing in the background. So my advise is to do it extremely slowly or not at all if there's any chance you could loose stability. If you're an independent adult though, just go ahead and spill the beans. :p

Laika

Premium Member
Well my mom did suspect it awhile back and told me others wouldn't let me in the house if they knew. They may not want me to be in their houses or around them because they would know I have Guardian Demons and/or they'd think I bring Satanic Energy with me. Our energies naturally conflict literally and we have different agendas. Thanks though ❤️

Dam, That sucks. My relationship with my parents has been rocky. Its not physically violent but is psychologically difficult and controlling as both my parents are very anxious and can get depressed. They aren't the worst people in the world but its not ideal. There has been a threat of being made homeless a few times so you have my sympathy (and a hug if needed).

In the short-run, its worth just trying to win time and space for yourself away from the people who may make life "difficult". That might then give you a chance to work through what you feel and find a longer term and more satisfactory outcome. For me it was taking long walks, spending an hour in the summerhouse down the garden or going out for a day. It just made it a little more bareable.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Are you religious? And so I just wear my satanic jewelry and clothing and say "Thank Satan" without telling them nothing...
No don't do that. If you could loose your peace at home don't do that. Keep it to yourself, tuck in your jewelry, and don't go saying "thank Satan" to your parents. It sounds edgey and if you want them to respect your beliefs do it slowly and respectfully.

allfoak

Alchemist
Are you religious? And so I just wear my satanic jewelry and clothing and say "Thank Satan" without telling them nothing...
Respect.
You need to respect your family and their beliefs.
If you must wear these things and say these things around your family then perhaps it is time to consider not being around your family per their request.
You will do them harm to force it upon them.

I am about as religious as it gets.
I am not christian.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I have firsthand experience with the whole telling family you practice an "offbeat" religion thing. If you're not yet financially independent, the simple answer is, don't. Unless you know they'd be ok with it it is not worth it to risk your stability over telling them things they don't even need to know. What you believe is your business only, you aren't obligated to tell them. I broke it to my parents slowly over the course of years as I slowly brought things into the house, with it finally ending in them just seeing my Etsy. We don't talk about it, I've never admitted to anything, it's just that looming thing in the background. So my advise is to do it extremely slowly or not at all if there's any chance you could loose stability. If you're an independent adult though, just go ahead and spill the beans. :p
I'm pretty sure people are going to think there's something amiss when you walk around with a pulsating green dot on your forehead. I mean seriously.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

They probably already have their suspicions; you know, with the sacrifices and everything.