• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Social Media Silences Jewish Voices Post Oct-10

In the wake of the October 7th pogrom in Israel, a horrific event in which 1,200 innocent civilians, mainly women and children, were murdered in cold blood by Hamas, the world has not yet come to reckon with the conversation around anti-Semitism and its manifestations in the digital age. Indeed, anti-semitism is as old as history but with the rise of social media, it has reached a critical juncture. The intersection of social media dynamics and rising extremist rhetoric has created an environment where Jewish voices are increasingly marginalized, while anti-Semitic sentiments are emboldened. This blog post explores how social media serves as both a platform for these dynamics and a battleground for Jewish identity and expression.
I find myself highly in agreement with this artical.

Basically it discusses how since Oct 7th, anti-Semitism has increased in social media but the curators have done nothing to stop it while simultaneously censoring Jewish voices.

Although I'm not Jewish myself, I consider myself a pro-Jewish and pro-Israel person. I've noticed that many of my dear friends of the Jewish faith or culture have been banned from many social media outlets while anti-semites and even Neo-Nazis have been allowed on. Personally I've had several Facebook accounts disabled, been banned from Twitter and Reddit, and even had mobile phones hacked.

If Israel was so in the wrong, then certainly all this censorship wouldn't be necessary.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Where is the censorship going on? Facebook, etc., are notoriously reluctant for censoring things, even as violence has engulfed a nation and babies are getting tossed in fires.
Amd do learn what a pogrom is. As bad as that attack was Hamas doesn't have the means or ability to do one. They had their attack and IDF hasn't stopped their collective punishment, indiscriminate massacre of Gazans (who Netanyahu wants displaced and shipped off to Africa).