• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the media failed women in 2013

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Lol.

And therein lies your problem, buddy.
You're not viewing women as individuals, If you call them petty and imply that men are not.

And honestly, You've never seen a male stripper? A male on a pole? A man wearing his speedo's, A thong? Are you living in the dark ages, perhaps?

You are kind of sexist.
And you need a good shake to knock that nonsense out of your head.

I think you have a lot more to learn about the world and about women.

This ought to be good lol.

I'd like to introduce you to Sterling...who believes in disciplining women with spankings to keep them in their place.

I told him he needs to find a female sub who doesn't want to engage in a romantic relationship as well, but only wants to be punished. But I take it that's not good enough and feels female submission is the universal law.

Of course, SA will feel this strongly against feminism. ;)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Lol.

And therein lies your problem, buddy.
You're not viewing women as individuals, If you call them petty and imply that men are not.
I did regard women as individuals and I also specifically said children are being raised with the same issues that women have ;).
There is a reason why I said children and not daughters.

What I desire most is to see woman actually stop dating moronic men and try to take hold of what they want and should rightfully have. Blaming one sex over the other never solves anything. It just makes the point of view for females look bad
And honestly, You've never seen a male stripper? A male on a pole? A man wearing his speedo's, A thong? Are you living in the dark ages, perhaps?

But we are talking about women not men :facepalm:.

You are kind of sexist.
I prefer the term Gender Conservative. The issue is that I am not even expressing my own views though as of yet.

And you need a good shake to knock that nonsense out of your head.
You required a crowbar, a pair of reading glasses and an expanded comprehension of words.

I think you have a lot more to learn about the world and about women.
We all do, I also think you have a lot to learn about men and how to dissect a sentence. Syntax may help

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
this ought to be good lol.

I'd like to introduce you to sterling...who believes in disciplining women with spankings to keep them in their place.

I told him he needs to find a female sub who doesn't want to engage in a romantic relationship as well, but only wants to be punished. But i take it that's not good enough and feels female submission is the universal law.

Of course, sa will feel this strongly against feminism. ;)

stop judging me woman!! :D

Thana

Lady
I did regard women as individuals and I also specifically said children are being raised with the same issues that women have ;).
There is a reason why I said children and not daughters.

"The opinions of females cannot be changed"

You said that.
So the opinions of men can be changed, always?
Women are just narrow minded?

"I view women as exceedingly petty."

So men can't be petty?

I don't see where in your little speech you once implied women are individuals.
In fact, It was the opposite.

But we are talking about women not men :facepalm:.

Wow, You do realize you just totally proved me right when I said you don't see women as individuals, right?

So women who are strippers are whores, But men who are strippers are irrelevant to your point that women who are strippers are whores.

Okay sure, That's a mighty fine debate you got there.

I prefer the term Gender Conservative. The issue is that I am not even expressing my own views though as of yet.

What a pretty label.
You must be proud.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
"The opinions of females cannot be changed"

You said that.
So the opinions of men can be changed, always?
Women are just narrow minded?

Sterling Archer said:
The opinions of females cannot be changed because as a whole I view women as exceedingly petty. Not because women are women but because the society I live in teaches women to be petty and they actually fall for it.

I love it when people are intellectually dishonest.

You left out the sentence that followed the one you quoted. I specifically stated that the opinions of women cannot be changed until you destroy a society which causes the negativity.
You just broke 1of the 10 commandments kiddo.

"I view women as exceedingly petty."

So men can't be petty?

Have you never heard of Charlie Sheen and the Republican Party?

I don't see where in your little speech you once implied women are individuals.
In fact, It was the opposite.

I specifically made references that women are respnsible for changing the views of others....

Sterling Archer said:
Instead of coming to the conclusion that that women are doing stupid things. If you go spinning on a stripper pole you will be treated like your moralistic values, same for any other action. Women now choose dumb men to satisfy their low self esteems. I myself get wrapped into this as well simply because of my biracial background.
Nowhere in my rants do I say that women cannot change themselves. I specifically sat that THEY(Women) must be responsible for this.

Wow, You do realize you just totally proved me right when I said you don't see women as individuals, right?

Commandments are being broke again kiddo.

So women who are strippers are whores, But men who are strippers are irrelevant to your point that women who are strippers are whores.
No, the issue is that we are not talking about men. I have a whole rant against male whoredom and their horrid desires to hump everything that winks. But this argument is not about men and theist stupidity. Although men are exceedingly stupid they still hold the vast amount of respect and power in society.

Politics are a perfect example, it is a battle of rich and wealthy fools(predominately male) acting like ill conceived children out of a Clive Barker novel.

Okay sure, That's a mighty fine debate you got there.

sarcasm_warning.jpg

What a pretty label.
You must be proud.

I am not proud of it because I really wish to say "Sexually Conservative" but people will be underneath a different impression if I say that

Last edited:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Hallelujah! Californication and Twilight are equally failures for both sexes ;). One objectifies women the other men lol

I admit I loved californication. Twilight made me want to facepalm. I think twilight failed both men and women. Same with californication :p

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I admit I loved californication. Twilight made me want to facepalm. I think twilight failed both men and women. Same with californication :p

I cannot stand anything overly sexuallized. I am asexual as it is so if you use sex to market a product or have sex as a main theme my interest drops to zero.

When I heard of Californication I thought "Oh boy! Agent Mulder is back". Sadly enough I ended up with a fusion of Charlie Sheen and Bill Clinton :faint:

Thana

Lady
I love it when people are intellectually dishonest.

You left out the sentence that followed the one you quoted. I specifically stated that the opinions of women cannot be changed until you destroy a society which causes the negativity.
You just broke 1of the 10 commandments kiddo.

I'm amused.

I didn't quote the entire sentence because it just went downhill.
It was trash that doesn't deserve acknowledgment and I was not being intellectually dishonest, If you would like me to address the ignorance of your statement then I will.

I specifically made references that women are respnsible for changing the views of others....

Oh I see,
So it's women's fault that you see them the way you do and it's their responsibility to change your mind?

Hmm, Interesting.

Nowhere in my rants do I say that women cannot change themselves. I specifically sat that THEY(Women) must be responsible for this.

Women don't need to change, What is wrong with you?

Commandments are being broke again kiddo.

Really?
If commandments are being broken, Then they must be real to be broken.
Are you a Christian now?
I had no idea.

I'm happy for you :)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
No thanks. I'll say what I want cuz I can. :D

We still need to play against each other in a zombie game. I'd totally kick your ***. :D

Most zombie games are FPS.....which I hate. Tis true though that you would indeed "propel your foot at a high velocity towards my buttocks"(scientific terminology) if we played a zombie based game. :(

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I'm amused.

So am I.

I didn't quote the entire sentence because it just went downhill.
No you lied.

It was trash that doesn't deserve acknowledgment and I was not being intellectually dishonest, If you would like me to address the ignorance of your statement then I will.

But you have been addressing your own straw man arguments. That is still being intellectually dishonest.

Oh I see,
So it's women's fault that you see them the way you do and it's their responsibility to change your mind?
Hmm, Interesting.

Yes it is. A lot of fault lies upon women but so does a lot of fault rest upon men. But the way media portrays women is not the fault of others, you are just trying to shift blame and avoid responsibility which seems like something a 40's housewife would do. Stay at home cooking and cleaning instead of being out int he work force. You are sort of fulfilling the I Love Lucy dream life.

Women don't need to change, What is wrong with you?

What is wrong with you. Everybody needs to change, change for the better is good. Women need to address the issue which afflict them not the way people view them because complaining about it only propels the other side.

By saying you think women should not change you are saying women are not guilty of ever doing a single thing wrong. You are also proving my point that you are interested in female superiority and not equality. This is why feminism has become a failure kiddo.

You are literally abiding by the NO MA'AM assumption that women are lazy and irresponsible. You are single handedly fulfilling a stereotype which makes you look bad yet you embrace this like a heroic pose.

Really?
If commandments are being broken, Then they must be real to be broken.

Words are always real. Whether or not they are the word of god is another issue. Whether or not you profess to abide by them is even another.
Are you a Christian now?

I am a better Christian than you ironically. Do you stand in support of Deuteronomy 22:28-29? Do you think a raped woman should be bought by the rapist? Are you not a Christian to the point that you do not embrace female inequality and obey your earthy husband without complaint?

Thana

Lady
So am I.

No you lied.

But you have been addressing your own straw man arguments. That is still being intellectually dishonest.

Yes it is. A lot of fault lies upon women but so does a lot of fault rest upon men. But the way media portrays women is not the fault of others, you are just trying to shift blame and avoid responsibility which seems like something a 40's housewife would do. Stay at home cooking and cleaning instead of being out int he work force. You are sort of fulfilling the I Love Lucy dream life.

What is wrong with you. Everybody needs to change, change for the better is good. Women need to address the issue which afflict them not the way people view them because complaining about it only propels the other side.

By saying you think women should not change you are saying women are not guilty of ever doing a single thing wrong. You are also proving my point that you are interested in female superiority and not equality. This is why feminism has become a failure kiddo.

You are literally abiding by the NO MA'AM assumption that women are lazy and irresponsible. You are single handedly fulfilling a stereotype which makes you look bad yet you embrace this like a heroic pose.

Words are always real. Whether or not they are the word of god is another issue. Whether or not you profess to abide by them is even another.

I am a better Christian than you ironically. Do you stand in support of Deuteronomy 22:28-29? Do you think a raped woman should be bought by the rapist? Are you not a Christian to the point that you do not embrace female inequality and obey your earthy husband without complaint?

I don't know how you managed to fool me, I suppose it's my fault because I assumed you were a mature and engaged, intellectual debater.

However, I see now that you just enjoy stirring the pot.

Though I have to be honest, I don't understand, You're someone who is biracial if I remember correctly, So I'd assume that you abhor racism. And yet, You condone, Even practise, Sexism.

Do you not see the irony of that?
How ridiculous it is to be so gender superior, Yet it's like me saying because I'm white I'm better than you. It's awful, disgusting discrimination.

What are women's issues? What do they have that you think is so wrong that it needs to be fixed? Why are women to blame for society's view on them?

I don't think you know anything at all about women in the media, or women in history or women of the world. Because you're coming off so ignorant, It begs belief.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I don't know how you managed to fool me, I suppose it's my fault because I assumed you were a mature and engaged, intellectual debater.

I never said I was an intellectual but I am without a doubt mature.

However, I see now that you just enjoy stirring the pot.

Ironic you say that when I am getting ready to make oatmeal.

I do enjoy stirring the pot because I like to see what floats up to the surface.

Though I have to be honest, I don't understand, You're someone who is biracial if I remember correctly, So I'd assume that you abhor racism.
Oh this is gonna be good.

And yet, You condone, Even practise, Sexism.

I do not condone nor practice sexism. I am an asexual aromantic. I dislike even being touched by women or approached by men in any shape or form. I have no desire to enter into a relationship nor obtain the eros love of others.

I want to see women succeed in life and not shift blames on others. Women have risen to great ranks in the past, what is stopping them now is gullibility.

Do you not see the irony of that?

What I see is your lack of potential to perceive life.

How ridiculous it is to be so gender superior, Yet it's like me saying because I'm white I'm better than you. It's awful, disgusting discrimination.

You are supported sexual superiority here. Please tell me one thing I said that implies that males are superior yet you just said earlier that woman cannot be blamed for anything as they require no change and are thus perfect.

What are women's issues?
Thinking that men view them as noble when they behave stupidely and become hypocrites to their own cause.
What do they have that you think is so wrong that it needs to be fixed?
Feminists need to learn that men will be men. Shove them aside when they get in your way and learn to ignore their antics. I have been doing the same to women for years along with with everybody else.
Why are women to blame for society's view on them?

Feminists are to blame for making women look like sniffling beggars and victims of humanity. Women have not been mass victims in America for decades, they have been cast down and ridiculed but never victims.

I don't think you know anything at all about women in the media, or women in history or women of the world. Because you're coming off so ignorant, It begs belief.

I know a lot about it, I cannot say the same for you. You seriously fail to realize many things about women and history. Do a little research on Ban Zhao

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Feminists need to learn that men will be men. Shove them aside when they get in your way and learn to ignore their antics. I have been doing the same to women for years along with with everybody else.

That is quite the shortcut to brush legitimate issues with sexism under the rug.

I guess feminists also need to learn that bigots will be bigots and shove them aside as well. That's one thing I'd love to see.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I ve never seen women being presented as brain dead sex dolls in media, "objectification" is a terrible word to describe a woman who chooses to interpret a character that is full of sexual lust.

Until the day I see a table acting out of lust, I wont think it makes any sense to pretend a woman who displays her sexuality in an obsessive fashion (the way men are portrayed in the media a. Lot too anyways) is deemed an "object" any more than any other passionate character in tv, news, comics, radio or you choose it.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
That is quite the shortcut to brush legitimate issues with sexism under the rug.
I am referring to idiocy of either sex that does not harm the opposite sex. Technically I did express myself wrong though as it is best to address issues that are in the way of oneself but ignore trivial matters.

Issues like rape, unequal pay, and suppression of female acceptance into politics are issues which are not to be ignored.

Thana

Lady
I do not condone nor practice sexism. I am an asexual aromantic. I dislike even being touched by women or approached by men in any shape or form. I have no desire to enter into a relationship nor obtain the eros love of others.

I don't care if you're pansexual, homosexual, transexual.
Your sexuality has absolutely nothing to do with sexism.
Another point in the 'you have no idea what you're talking about' column.

I want to see women succeed in life and not shift blames on others. Women have risen to great ranks in the past, what is stopping them now is gullibility.

I don't understand how you justify putting all women into one box.
And seriously?
If someone says a woman is less than a man and they spread it like wildfire, She's not meant to blame him but just sit back and go oh well?

You are supported sexual superiority here. Please tell me one thing I said that implies that males are superior yet you just said earlier that woman cannot be blamed for anything as they require no change and are thus perfect.

You wanted me to address this, And I suppose now is a good time.

"The opinions of females cannot be changed because as a whole I view women as exceedingly petty."

That statement is disregarding a woman's opinion, Belittling her ability to change her opinion and therefore implying she is stubborn and men are not.
Again, Saying women are petty and men are not is sexist.
You can't slap labels onto one gender, Especially labels in regards to personality and psychology/behaviour. It's so innacurate!

"society I live in teaches women to be petty and they actually fall for it."

Implied women are gullible, Not as smart as men.

"Instead of coming to the conclusion that that women are doing stupid things"

Well, that one kind of speaks for itself, Don't you think?

And those were just from one of your posts.

Thinking that men view them as noble when they behave stupidely and become hypocrites to their own cause.

What?
Where did you get this obviously accurate information from :facepalm:

Oh really?
Feminists need to learn that huh?
Maybe men need to learn that feminists will be femininists and harden the f*** up.

Ignore sexism?
How about we ignore racism while we're at it.
Yes, Let hitler kill all the jews, Just ignore him.
No problemo.

Feminists are to blame for making women look like sniffling beggars and victims of humanity. Women have not been mass victims in America for decades, they have been cast down and ridiculed but never victims.

Do you even know what feminism is about? I don't think you do....

Oh so, Because it happened so long ago (Even though it's still relevant now)
We should just pretend it didn't happen aye?

Ugh.
You're so unbelievable!

I dislike your beliefs immensely and I hope you don't spread them around, Or maybe I do so that one day someone will put you in your bloody place.

I know that seems harsh, But I cannot stand discrimination, Especially ignorant discrimination in any shape or form.

Last edited: