• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Howdy

Laika

Premium Member
Hey Infinite Zero. I like your avatar pic. Maltheism sounds pretty cool too. Welcome to RF. :)

InfiniteZero

Thanks for the welcome, all.

Can I inquire what a Maltheist is?

Hard to explain. I feel that there is an afterlife due to a near death experience but because of my issues with my birth faith I grew an eventual hatred of God, a certainty of my own damnation. For most that seems to be good enough to motivate repentance. For me it just made me hate God and accept my own destruction with numbness. A spiritual life marked by impotent defiance and an embrace of a battle I have no chance of winning.

Theistic nihilism might have worked too.

vaguelyhumanoid

Wow, that sounds way harsher than atheistic nihilism.

Ever consider looking into non-Abrahamic God concepts? Or left-hand path stuff (theistic Satanism, Luciferianism, etc)?

Jumi

Welcome. Not all people that believe afterlife think it's caused by gods though. Was there something in your experience that made you feel as god was punishing you or was it just the religion you grew up in?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Belated greetings!

Have some of RF staff's grub.....
th

This is why the taxes & fines here are so outrageous.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Thanks for the welcome, all.

Hard to explain. I feel that there is an afterlife due to a near death experience but because of my issues with my birth faith I grew an eventual hatred of God, a certainty of my own damnation. For most that seems to be good enough to motivate repentance. For me it just made me hate God and accept my own destruction with numbness. A spiritual life marked by impotent defiance and an embrace of a battle I have no chance of winning.

Theistic nihilism might have worked too.

Hmm, you seem like an interesting one, welcome to RF InfiniteZero. :smilecat: