• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

<human> God? - <God> Yes? - <human> what are the celestial bodies for? - <God> !!

t3gah

The big bang. It obvously happened in some way because the planets, etc., are all the way they are and expanding which scientists agree is happening to date. I have a problem with the Universe as a whole. God created the heavens and the earth or so it says in the bible book of Genesis. Science has maintained that the world couldn't possibly be only 6,000+ years as depicted in the scriptures. Science has also classified many celestial bodies and dated the creation of them in millions of years or more. The Universe has hundreds of billions of Galaxies too.

Some say that science has proven the accounts in the bible. Religious people of all religions pint out their arguments that God did it all, etc. Science goes on to state the opposite.

But has science really proven the scriptures to be correct and genuine?

Let's take one scripture that comes to my mind. In it, the scripture says "the circle of the earth". That's in one translation only. In other translations it says something else, but kinda the same thing.

Science, or the Space Program has proven that the earth isn't round like a circle. Uh oh!

We are not alone. Aliens do exist. They are angels or whatchamacallits.

1. Science hasn't proven a thing. The bible is the authority hands down. Game over. Case closed.

2. The bible is wrong. Way wrong. Science is THE authority. Game over, because there was no game to begin with. Case closed.

KrAzY_KaRl

But the big bang didn't neccisarily happen. For it says in the Quran: (along then lines of) Allah created the universe, He compacted it, and then he split them asunder! It's something like that.

Hya both
I read the above and tried to learn as much as i can. I am an ex muslim and so know a little about it. The quran has many facts MANY! like there are layers to the skies... But they are made of glass :s... it describes the stages of a fetus. but so did greek scientists 1 mellina b4 the quran. now the idea comes that should we believe in the book because it predicted what humans began to know in the future. WILL socratez said the earth was round 2500 years ago, and anaxagaros said that there are planets made of soil, were they prophets? secondly why not believe in nastradumas the man who predicted THE FUTURE!! I MEAN HE MUST HAVE BEEN A PROPHET TO PREDICT THE FUTURE!!! but then again he had so many worng GUESSES and a few right GUSSES. so on this topic i go with science. just cuz some1 says one thing right they arn't perfect, and just cuz they say one thing wrong they arn't evil. so instead of blindly judging things. lets go with this "QUESTION ALL THAT IS, TILL YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, AND DON"T DRAW CONCLUSIONS BLINDLY"

peace be with u both