• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypothetical question

Hope

Princesinha
Just as a way of getting to know people a little better, I'm gonna throw a hypothetical question out. :)

If you found out you had only a year to live, what would you do in that amount of time? Pursue some lifelong dreams? Simply spend time with those you love?

I think answering this says a lot about ourselves.... ;)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Pursue some lifelong dream... my lifelong dream is to be able to fly, so I'm pretty sure that would shorten that hypothetical year by quite a bit! (*sound of FeathersinHair/ Meg going splat*)

My first reaction would be to learn everything I possibly could about everything.
But then, I thought, why not experience things? I think I would hone my astral travel 'mad skillz' and do everything that I would ever want to do. This would save on airfare, so I could donate what I had left to a random organization.

I would also attempt to curse more. I've always worried that, due to my tendancy to enjoy certain words, doing so would start a slippery slope which would end in my only suitable job becoming a naval merchant. But, if I only had a year left, I think I would be safe in starting! :)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Hope said:
If you found out you had only a year to live, what would you do in that amount of time? Pursue some lifelong dreams? Simply spend time with those you love?
Well.. assuming I had unlimited funds, I'd travel everywhere I could. Places I know I want to go before I die are New Zealand, Ireland, New Guinea, and Japan.

I'd also visit all my online friends and just spend a few weeks with them.

I think at the end I'd like to die outside. On a hill, by a stream, by the ocean, by a mountain.. it doesn't matter where. Just outside.