• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am....

Union jack

I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle, here is my spout.
When i get all steamed up, hear me shout.
Just tip me over and pour me out.

John Martin

When Moses asked God his name,first God said, I am what I am. Then God also told him:'I am the God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob. The first one belongs to God's eternal aspect and the second one belong to his historical aspect.

We are all created in the image and likeness of God. So we also have two identities: eternal and historical. I am (not divine I AM) is our eternal aspect. Then I am a man/woman/ son of/daughter of/nationality/profession/ethnic group/ religion. etc.
These are all historical identities. some historical identities may change.
I am is my eternal identity

I am man These are all my historical identities
I am an Indian,
I am a telugu
I am christian
I am religious
I am a teacher
I am the president of our society,
many others

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When Moses asked God his name,first God said, I am what I am. Then God also told him:'I am the God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob. The first one belongs to God's eternal aspect and the second one belong to his historical aspect.

We are all created in the image and likeness of God. So we also have two identities: eternal and historical. I am (not divine I AM) is our eternal aspect. Then I am a man/woman/ son of/daughter of/nationality/profession/ethnic group/ religion. etc.
These are all historical identities. some historical identities may change.
I am is my eternal identity

I am man These are all my historical identities
I am an Indian,
I am a telugu
I am christian
I am religious
I am a teacher
I am the president of our society,
many others

Very good! May I please ask what do you teach and what is the name of You'r society?

I am a woman
I am an American with a very mixed ancestry
I am a believer in The Son of God (some people call that Christian)
I am not religious as I profoundly disagree with customs conformity
I am a fan of people in the teaching profession but I watch some of them very closely and carefully.
I am also the president of my social club.
And I am a good cook, if I do say so myself. If you know you do something well, I see no reason not to believe it.

John Martin

Very good! May I please ask what do you teach and what is the name of You'r society?

I am a woman
I am an American with a very mixed ancestry
I am a believer in The Son of God (some people call that Christian)
I am not religious as I profoundly disagree with customs conformity
I am a fan of people in the teaching profession but I watch some of them very closely and carefully.
I am also the president of my social club.
And I am a good cook, if I do say so myself. If you know you do something well, I see no reason not to believe it.

Dear Savagewind,
thank you for your post. I am very pleased with even though you did not begin with 'I am'.

I am the president of a Christian Ashram, called the Ashram of the Holy Trinity.
I teach Christian Spirituality based on the teachings of Christ. The three main principles are :
1.God or Truth or Eternal Reality is greater than human beings and belief systems;
2. Human beings as the image and likeness of God are greater than belief systems;
3. Belief systems are meant to be at the service of human beings to realize their image and likeness of God, not human beings at the service of belief systems.

thank you again.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear Savagewind,
thank you for your post. I am very pleased with even though you did not begin with 'I am'.

I am the president of a Christian Ashram, called the Ashram of the Holy Trinity.
I teach Christian Spirituality based on the teachings of Christ. The three main principles are :
1.God or Truth or Eternal Reality is greater than human beings and belief systems;
2. Human beings as the image and likeness of God are greater than belief systems;
3. Belief systems are meant to be at the service of human beings to realize their image and likeness of God, not human beings at the service of belief systems.

thank you again.

Your welcome! I believe those three are true too.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I just can't do it anymore. I cannot see the title of this thread and not think of this song each and every time.

[youtube]LYU-8IFcDPw[/youtube]

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just can't do it anymore. I cannot see the title of this thread and not think of this song each and every time.

[youtube]LYU-8IFcDPw[/youtube]

That is fine. The producer of that film should have a Grammy. Haha It started off sexy, didn't it? I shall talk about that music video. The crowd was cooperating very well, wasn't it? Almost like it was staged though. LOL. I like it. Thanks for sharing it. I am wondering though why it reminds you of i am? Did they say it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am lol. I come here for some oxygen.

I am taking a break. From what you want to know? LOL. I am going to tell you about greasy dust bunnies. It is because it is what I am taking a break from. When kitchen cabinets do not reach the ceiling there is room for stuff but dust settles there. In the kitchen, if you cook a lot, and even I think if you don't, the dust is greasy dust. I cook a lot so the dust up there looks like it has been settling for a hundred years. I think it's been about a year, or half a year. It's called spring cleaning. Those balls of greasy dust are nasty. They are especially nasty because they are so stubborn. You know what I'm talking about? Haha

Draka

Wonder Woman
That is fine. The producer of that film should have a Grammy. Haha It started off sexy, didn't it? I shall talk about that music video. The crowd was cooperating very well, wasn't it? Almost like it was staged though. LOL. I like it. Thanks for sharing it. I am wondering though why it reminds you of i am? Did they say it?

I posted not really for the video itself, but the song. Yes, they say "I am" several times in the song. In fact, it's the first words of the song.

I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can't help the fact
That everyone can see these scars
I am what I want you to want, what I want you to feel
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you
To just believe this is real
So I, let go watching you turn your back like you always do
Face away and pretend I'm not
But I'll be here 'cause you're all that I've got

[Chorus]
I can't feel the way I did before
Don't turn your back on me
I won't be ignored
Time won't heal this damage anymore
Don't turn your back on me I won't be ignored

I am, a little bit insecure, a little unconfident
'Cause you don't understand I do what I can
But sometimes I don't make sense
I am, what you never want to say, but I've never had a doubt
It's like no matter what I do I can't convince you for once just to hear me out
So I, let go watching you turn your back like you always do
You face away and pretend I'm not
But I'll be here 'cause you're all that I've got

[Chorus]

You hear me out now
You're gonna listen to me like it or not
Right now, hear me out now
You're gonna listen to me like it or not
Right now

[Chorus: x3]

Union jack

I am in the kitchen with Dino' (old saw)
I'm in the kitchen, I know-o-o
Someone's in the kitchen with Dino'
Playin' the old banjo