• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe, but probably not the way you do.

Mr. Ed

My concept of god is not holy fatherly figure depicted in the bible. God is not a single entity instead god is the accumulation of all things in the now. I do not know if god transcends throughout time, past, present and future but I feel god is forever present. Because god is all I do not believe god punishes, although it may seem that way by circumstance, I believe god is responsible for the balance and order of life and death, it is up to the people of this world and others not to destroy everything as earthly inhabitants, We are simply renting space until the next wave of tenants arrives.

About Christianity; To be a Christian one must throwaway logic and embrace faith as reason to believe Jesus, born by virgin birth, Mary and god. You must accept you are a sinner, fortunately faith-based religions just happens the remedy but first you must align yourself with Jesus and other Christians to be forgiven and go to heaven when you die? It is highly enforced or suggested you live in the image of Jesus even though Jesus was pure of heart without sin.
To divorce myself from Christianity I looked deeply into the source and denounced the bible as well.

Jedster

@Mr. Ed
Welcome to RF,
What was Clint Eastwood like(sorry, couldn't resist)

1690556150154.png

Last edited:

Mr. Ed

Christianity was a waste of my time, Christianity’s star player, Jesus Christ, failed to instill joy and happiness in me, perhaps in my effort for godly approval I was rejected by the holy one based on any number of factors that might eliminate me from the cast?

I do not believe the biblical concept of god the father of all the little children. What god the destroyer who without prior notice people are sucked up by the earth, threatened by plagues and burned up by fire just to make a point to tread lightly on god’s turf or you could be next.

I don’t doubt god’s capabilities but these things don’t line up with the concept of god as I see god to be. Imagine god is bigger than the fatherly figure represented in the Bible. God is big, so big everything, everybody, all of our thoughts., reasons and desires on a universal scale and beyond, we are all connected as players in the totality of what I believe is god.

God is what you want god to be.

King Phenomenon

My concept of god is not holy fatherly figure depicted in the bible. God is not a single entity instead god is the accumulation of all things in the now. I do not know if god transcends throughout time, past, present and future but I feel god is forever present. Because god is all I do not believe god punishes, although it may seem that way by circumstance, I believe god is responsible for the balance and order of life and death, it is up to the people of this world and others not to destroy everything as earthly inhabitants, We are simply renting space until the next wave of tenants arrives.

About Christianity; To be a Christian one must throwaway logic and embrace faith as reason to believe Jesus, born by virgin birth, Mary and god. You must accept you are a sinner, fortunately faith-based religions just happens the remedy but first you must align yourself with Jesus and other Christians to be forgiven and go to heaven when you die? It is highly enforced or suggested you live in the image of Jesus even though Jesus was pure of heart without sin.
To divorce myself from Christianity I looked deeply into the source and denounced the bible as well.
I think most people see God your way even Christians, imo

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It sounds as though you've had a difficult time being raised in a Christian environment.

This forum is for all kinds of religious people.

Sir Joseph

In my experience, it seems that people often shape their religious beliefs on what they want or like, rather than on what is. Very few seek empirical evidence for their chosen beliefs, holding instead to a blind faith that truth is whatever they choose to accept. This of course is relativism in action which is a contradiction to objective truth and reality.

"God is what you want god to be" is a relativist conclusion or viewpoint which many people no doubt hold. I'd beg to differ though because it's not a rational premise.

If any kind of being exists in or outside of the universe, be it natural or supernatural, the law of non contradiction dictates that it cannot have opposing traits at the same time. Thus, while we may posit what a being's potential traits are, their specifics are defined by reality, not by what we want or think. In other words, a being's traits are NOT defined by our wants or beliefs.

Consider this simple, real world example. You may meet 100 people in life who all have different impressions of your character, with many being right and others wrong. It doesn't matter what others think though, since you know reality dictates your character, not others' impressions.

Rather than shape our religious beliefs by what we want, it would seem more prudent to shape them upon reality - especially since religion is such an important thing in life, having potential eternal consequences.
When I hear or read about people's various religious beliefs, I always wonder by what foundation they hold those beliefs. Usually, it's on little if any solid evidence. To that point, I'd claim that no religious scriptures have evidence for truth comparable to the Bible, with specific, fulfilled prophesy alone supporting its Divine inspiration.

God is not what you want him to be. He is a unique supernatural being with a certain, definite nature. To date, the Bible is the only reliable source revealing that nature. And while a reading of the Old Testament can be offensive or confusing to many seekers of faith, the Gospel message of Jesus is relatively simple. God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. This really is good news for those that choose to accept it.

Mr. Ed

Given the number of views describing god is it not the one that one believes is god? If in my mind I picture god as a mighty oak tree does that not explain the phrase god is what a person chooses to believe? Some say god is light or love according how a person relates to light and love, god is, is all I know

Mr. Ed

Another epiphany. This is very simple and I can't imagine why I did not think of this sooner. Instead of bashing Christianity and the faults I have with it, instead simply state it did not work for me.
The problem, perhaps many of us face is Christiananty being portrayed as the only religion of belief system available to people seeking god and/or formal structure in their lives, meaning if you don't practice Christianty you will be punished by and spend eternity buring in hell. This is not what I want, but there it is straight from the Bible.
Heaven nor hell, in my opinion, exists within the realms of an afterlife Should the resembalence of heaven and hell exists it will be a gathering of like spirit and minds, not the pearly gates, golden roadways or great mansions, these are used as metephors for people who believe in the reward and punishmnt system. If you don't do as I say you are punished, if you believe in me, invite me into your life to be guided by my spirit, the kingdom of heaven awaits. No pain or discomfort, riches beyond imagination and eternal happiness and love.

It seems from the discriptioon above it would be foolhardy to resist Jesus and give up on love, health and prosperity? These are excellent promises if heaven is as the bible describes? Times have changed and the biblical description seems abundantly wasteful, gaudy and loud. Why does the bible carry so much weight among modern Christian believers who support it without question or formal discussion .The bible studies I have attended read scriptures to discuss meaning according to scripture. Not once did anyone challenged the context of the bible because it is said to be the word god. I don't believe the bible because I don't believe in Jesus, sin or salvation. I didn't say bad things don't happen, I am referring to heaven and hell as the designated places houses of the afterlife.

I wish I could find a group of people, not Christians, who celebrate god and life as one. This is suffcient for me.