• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just made hot apple cider!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
YUM!!!! I love apple cider! (It's for Mabon) What drinks/foods do you like to make?

The recipe for my cider is:

8 cups of fresh apple cider (apple juice may be substituted)
2-4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/8 a teaspoon of ground nutmeg (optional)
2-6 whole cloves (optional, if not used add another teaspoon of cinnamon)
One orange

Cooking

Put the apple cider in a pot (not aluminum). Set stove on medium to medium-high heat. Put in cinnamon, and optional ingredients. Stir ingredients in, as well as possible. Peel orange and seperate the slices. Put the slices in, squeezing each before putting it in, to break the skin. Heat for about 8-12 minutes, but do not boil. Taste it to see if it needs more time on the stove or more cinnamon. Pour into mugs and serve hot, garnished with a cinnamon stick. Any leftover cider should be refrigerated, and heated up in the microwave or on the stove later.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Sounds delicious! :D Mabon kind of snuck up on me this year, so I haven't really had time to prepare anything other than cake and apple juice...

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I love hot apple cider, but Wassail is my favortie. I'd post the family recipe, but my mom would shoot me. She won't give it to anyone. :rolleyes:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Basically it's a hot fruit drink. Put 'wassail' in the ole search enigine and you should find some recipes for it.

Ceridwen018

I LOVE hot apple cider! It's the best thing about fall in my opinion, besides the cold weather, corn harvest, turning leaves, football games, hayrides, sweaters, bonfires.....I guess I just love fall in general, lol!

As food as that I like to make goes...well, speaking of fall:

A specialty of mine that my mom has me make for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner--baked apples (or pears) with hot fudge and caramel all over them.

Other than that, I can pretty much make anything with directions...I haven't had enough experience to be able to pick a favorite thing, besides those apples, o' course, and I make a mean banana bread, if I do say so myself! (I like it, anyways! ;) )