• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I lost count of the times Christians told me that God stopped speaking to people after the Bible was written

PureX

Veteran Member
, a clever way of creating a monopoly on God
People want the Bible to provide them with the answers to the great mysteries of life the same way they want science to do it. So they convince themselves that have that access when they don't.

The older I get the less concerned I am about the fact that so many of we humans do this sort of thing. Humans think and do a lot of strange things. In a way it's part of our 'charm'. (That's not the right word, I know.) More like part of our 'endearing quirkiness'. :)

In any case I would be a fool to expect anything else, as we are what we are, after all.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I've never heard a Christian say that, and that's not generally a Christian belief. What they will tend to say is that public revelation ended after the NT, which just means there's no further revelations that you must believe to be a Christian but that God reaches out to humans, sends signs, etc.

Redneck Mystic

I've never heard a Christian say that, and that's not generally a Christian belief. What they will tend to say is that public revelation ended after the NT, which just means there's no further revelations that you must believe to be a Christian but that God reaches out to humans, sends signs, etc.
I heard it more times that I will ever remember from Christians, but not from Christian or Catholic clergy. I also heard countless times that the Bible every last word, is the inerrant word of God, and the only way to not go to hell and roast there forever is to believe the simple salvation formular, and what we do, how we behave, is irrelevant to salvation through Jesus, which refuted all the things Jesus said in the Gospels about behaving differently. Then, there’s Acts of the Apostles, about things they did, which someone figured were important enough to include in the Bible, and Peter and Saul/Paul received revelations, and there was no Bible yet. And other disciples received revelations after Jesus let them. But after some men put together the Bible, there were no more revelations. According to who? Men, whom I wonder if they ever heard a peep from God, or an angel of the Lord, but I imagine they did hear from the Devil from time to time. ;-)

Last edited:

Ebionite

As for me, this [is] my covenant with them, saith YHWH; My spirit that [is] upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith YHWH, from henceforth and for ever.
Isaiah 59:21

CeilTempest

I wouldn't take all "Christians" or professing Christians for their word. The bible said "Let God be true and every man a lier." so i always take what other people say with a grain of salt especially if it conflicts with the word of God.