• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i need a faith

Shuddhasattva

Please join my religion. It will benefit me some how. And you. Somehow.

Seriously though, this is silly - I don't say this to be mean, I just don't think this is a way to point your compass at all.

Nobody serious about their religion has anything to gain by converting you to it; the only legitimate concern is whatever is going to work for you. If you have specific ideas about what you're looking for in a religion, maybe then people could help you.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hey people
I need a faith so can you tell me why i should be in yours?

In another thread, you gave said you had given up on mine, because of what one person said. So if you consider switching or giving up on anything, just because one person says something, be prepared to go searching for a very long time.
:)

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Hey people

I would like to invite you to study the Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam:
Why I Believe in Islam

This is the community formed by the Promised Messiah (pbuh) who is prophesied as the second coming of Jesus (pbuh), Krishna (pbuh), and also predicted as the second coming of Bhuddha(pbuh). Our belief is that thousands of Prophets (peace be upon them all) brought the message of one God to all nations. First beginning when mankind evolved to a state that they were capable of receiving revelation and following commandments. The distinction between Ahmadiyya Jamat is that we believe that this community is the revival of Islam in it's true pristine form from 1400yrs. It is compatible with science, tolerant, and just. Surely a true religion must be most just. Moreover, we accept all prior revealed religions, those of Prophet Moses (pbuh), Jesus (pbuh), Buddha (pbuh), Confucius (pbuh), and many more that history has lost.

I would request you to clear your mind of preconceptions of Islam (if you have any) and see if you find truth here.

Better written introduction can be found here:

An Overview

May Allah (swt) guide you in your spiritual conquest.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Hook, line, sinker...

Bait taken, no fish.

Maybe next time...

Me Myself

Back to my username
you can´t have anybody´s faith but yours.

Conviniently, that´s the only faith there is :D

Last edited:

xkatz

Hey people

I think you need to look at some things when "seeking" a faith:

1) What are your goals/objectives (enlightment? devotion to god(s)? merging with god(s)? immortality?)
2) Are you willing to be dedicated to such goals?
3) What do you believe (in general)?
4) Why do you think you need faith?

I think the best place to start the search, is within :)

Last edited:

shivadas

You should research ones you are interested in and settle on one...
Personally i suggest Ajah Dharma but any spiritual religion will enlighten you.

Freedomelf

I am a Calyr, and it is something that I imagined/created/received inspiration on/or something else, decades ago. Several books tell about the religion, including Doonal's Kin and Was Jesus an Elf?; two more that go into detail will be out next month on Amazon and kindle.

My religion is simple. All religions once drew from the same well. In time, cultures competed to make their religion better than others. They added stories, heroes, and miracles in order to set their religion apart as the "real" one. In this way, truth was watered-down with myth. Now, in order to find the true path, one must study several religions to find the common threads of truth in all. No one religion, including the Calyr faith, has all the knowledge of God.

People who walk the way of the Calyr know that they may find truth in any religion. They keep their hearts open to enlightenment from other faiths, even as they commune with other Calyr and practice their own faith. I suppose this may not make sense to those who want a "be all and end all" religion. But this is what I believe. I don't think you'll ever find one religion, including mine, that is the right fit for every person. God has chosen to create a world of diversity in all things, including religion. I place my faith in the wisdom of that choice.