• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I suck at being assertive

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
This is the third time I’ve asked about the dog poop in my yard. I walked over there knocked on the door told them in person. Here is how the conversation went:

“Hey there’s still a lot of dog poop in my yard”
“I pick it up at the end of the week. I work 20 hour shifts so I don’t get to it right away all the time”
“Couldn’t you pick it up every day as you let them out?”
“I’ll do my best”
“Well there’s still a lot over there”
“Okay”
I diidnt say anything and left

I feel like i still failed to get my point across. My anxiety in the moment prevents me from actually thinking of things I could say, that I need to say. That was literally what came to my head in the moment and it still wasn’t worth a damn. I should’ve been like “well put them on a leash” or “do your best? What’s that mean? I don’t want ,*** in my yard at all.” Or “if this isn’t taken care of I will have to call animal control”

I literally have mental blocks from anxiety, that was the best I could do in the moment

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
This is the third time I’ve asked about the dog poop in my yard. I walked over there knocked on the door told them in person. Here is how the conversation went:

“I pick it up at the end of the week. I work 20 hour shifts so I don’t get to it right away all the time”
“I’ll do my best”
“Okay”

I feel like i still failed to get my point across. My anxiety in the moment prevents me from actually thinking of things I could say, that I need to say. That was literally what came to my head in the moment and it still wasn’t worth a damn. I should’ve been like “well put them on a leash” or “do your best? What’s that mean? I don’t want ,*** in my yard at all.” Or “if this isn’t taken care of I will have to call animal control”

I literally have mental blocks from anxiety, that was the best I could do in the moment
I can bring Ares over and have him throw it all at their house. He's got a hell of an arm.

There really is no excuse for their behavior. How big is the dog?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

“I’ll do my best”
“Okay”

Can you fence in your land?

Or try spreading ground white pepper on the yard. It prevents cats who seem to loath sneezing. I don't know if it works on dogs.

I'm told citrus juice or garlic powder does work to keep most animals away.

And there are always dog repellents from the garden centre (or Amazon)

The Sum of Awe

I can bring Ares over and have him throw it all at their house. He's got a hell of an arm.

There really is no excuse for their behavior. How big is the dog?
They have two big dogs, and two young pitbulls.

The size of the poops are giant.

well, as much as the poop angers me, I feel more agitated that I can’t be assertive like I want to be.

The Sum of Awe

Can you fence in your land?

Or try spreading ground white pepper on the yard. It prevents cats who seem to loath sneezing. I don't know if it works on dogs.

I'm told citrus juice or garlic powder does work to keep most animals away.

And there are always dog repellents from the garden centre (or Amazon)
To be honest i just want them to do something about it why should i have to, you know?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You could take lessons from Plankton...

Or you could pick it up, put it in a bag, and set it in front of his door each time he doesn't do his best.
Not to be confused with insertive.

Though, they kind of sound like they may be due to have a shoe inserted in an inconvenient place.
They have two big dogs, and two young pitbulls.

The size of the poops are giant.

well, as much as the poop angers me, I feel more agitated that I can’t be assertive like I want to be.
You should not have to deal with all that ****.

From the conversation you outlined, I think if you had been, they still would have fought you.
To be honest i just want them to do something about it why should i have to, you know?
I would consider calling animal control.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't. The dogs would be the only ones that face negative consequence. It's not their fault. It's the owners'.

I would consider calling people control.

I don't think any harm will come to the dogs; I can't see them removing the dogs over this.

I do see the owners facing potential fines.

That's how it works here. @The Sum of Awe isn't in the same city as me, but he's not too far. I'd be surprised if it was much different.

But, the police(people control) might be able to help, too.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Would you be willing to identify the poop in your yard as a health hazard? You should go out there in a hazmat suit, complete with face shield and a pair of tongs and a bio-hazard bag, then place the hazardous waste product in the bag, then on their mailbox latch after the mail runs. Make a habit of this every week and I'm almost certain they will get the picture...eventually. Why say anything more if you don't really need to say anything more about it? Make a point with the poop. Don't open their mailbox, though. I think that much is illegal. The latch should be safe enough to hang the biohazard waste left in your yard. If it's really big poop, it should be quite a treat to document your neighbor's expression at the mailbox. You could even make sure it's adequately hydrated.

For ****s and giggles. Ha, ha ...

Ha!

Ha!

I think that was a fun pun intended.

Yup.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think any harm will come to the dogs; I can't see them removing the dogs over this.

I do see the owners facing potential fines.

That's how it works here. @The Sum of Awe isn't in the same city as me, but he's not too far. I'd be surprised if it was much different.

But, the police(people control) might be able to help, too.
Animal control process and policies will differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. I would first check to see how they would handle such a situation before you enlist their services.

I still like my idea of the bag at their door. If that doesn't work, you can always light it up. :cool:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Animal control process and policies will differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. I would first check to see how they would handle such a situation before you enlist their services.

I still like my idea of the bag at their door. If that doesn't work, you can always light it up. :cool:
I like your idea, too, but @The Sum of Awe doesn't want to deal with the feces at all, and I can't say I blame him. I'd probably take a rake, and rake it all right to their door.

Or just send my own crew to crap in their yard.

PureX

Veteran Member
Gather up all the poo and put it on their front porch with a note saying, "Here, I picked your dog's crap all up for you. And you don't want to know where I'm going to put it if I have to do this again".

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Gather up all the poo and put it on their front porch with a note saying Here, I picked your dog's crap all up for you. And you don't want to know where I'm going to put it if I have to do this again".
I would have put a note that said being neighborly by helping you out by putting all this in a pile on your yard for your convenience , and then wait and see how big it gets.

Passive aggressive. The way of the ape.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

“I’ll do my best”
“Okay”

Good fences make good neighbors.

And beyond the immediate problem of poop, those young pit bulls are gonna grow into big pit bulls and I wouldn't want them in my yard at all.

The Sum of Awe

I like your idea too. Except I was thinking minus the bag.

I've actually been really considering that. Scooping it with my shovel like I have been, but instead of flinging it back in their grass I'd bring it right up to their doorstep. Oh man I'm unhinged.

I'm just worried about getting trouble with the law for some reason. I haven't been able to catch their dogs in my yard to take a picture. I do know for a fact it is her dogs though, I have seen them in my yard, just haven't taken a picture. Maybe I should do that first.

Even still, I'm worried I would get fined or something for putting dog poop on their porch.

The Sum of Awe

Good fences make good neighbors.

And beyond the immediate problem of poop, those young pit bulls are gonna grow into big pit bulls and I wouldn't want them in my yard at all.
I really don't want a fence. Don't have the money or time to put it up, and it would be a hassle to mow around.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of pitbulls. My neighbor's property is a rental so, part of me is hoping they'll move out before the pitbulls get big. If they do get adult sized, I'm definitely going to complain if they don't have a leash. Those dogs are dangerous to people they aren't used to being around.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just worried about getting trouble with the law for some reason.
Why would you get in trouble? You're just returning lost property to its rightful owner.

I haven't been able to catch their dogs in my yard to take a picture. I do know for a fact it is her dogs though, I have seen them in my yard, just haven't taken a picture. Maybe I should do that first.
Probably a good idea. That way, the police would know you're not giving them a load of crap.

The Sum of Awe

Why would you get in trouble? You're just returning lost property to its rightful owner.

Probably a good idea. That way, the police would know you're not giving them a load of crap.
Alright, fair enough. This will be my Plan B.

As far as my assertiveness, I think I should be proud that at least I went over and told them about it in person (for the second time, the actual second time was a note I left). Maybe that in itself means something. I am actively telling the person what I need to be done, it's not my fault they are ignoring me. And like @JustGeorge said, it probably doesn't make a difference what I had said, if they're not gonna listen they're not gonna listen.