• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ichiro

Lightkeeper

Is anyone following this story. It is very exciting if you live in Seattle or Japan. I was wondering if anyone else is pulling for him. He is a class act.

Ichiro 2 hits away from tying record of George Sisler in 1920.
Ichiro Suzuki of the Seattle Mariners connected for a hit against the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday, his 255th this year, to leave himself two shy of the Major League record for the most hits in a single season.
The Mariners have four games remaining in the 2004 season.

At his last at bat tonight he was hit by a pitch and had to walk, taking away his chance to get another hit.

Lightkeeper

Ichiro tied and broke the record tonight in the same game. The record breaking hit also became his 100th run for the year. I actually saw this happen and it was very exciting. Mount St. Helens also blew today, so there was a lot of action here today.

Lightkeeper

What a weekend. Ichiro now has 260 hits and one game to go. Edgar Martinez had his retirement ceremony tonight and it was a tear jerker. I have met and talked to him. He is a very natural person. The best surprise he got tonight is that from now on the DH of the year award is going to be called the Edgar Martinez award. He truly is a great person in addition to being a great hitter. We are all hoping he will be inducted into the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.