• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If god created everything then how can he exist?

openyourmind

I'm not a Christian but, believe in god. This for me is the ultimate question with no answer. Regardless of which path you choose to walk every path has a beginning. You can trace every belief back to 1. It all had to begin somewhere if it didn't then it doesn't exist. Something created God but, we haven't been told what. To search for this answer is as difficult as looking for a grain of sand in space. 1 started at 0 and became many. If you don't accept that you will go mad.

Time as we know it started at the same time as space and matter, ie as in with most common held views of the big bang theory, which would imply that if God created everything he also created time, the creator of time is not governed by his creation, he exists without time as a worry, there are Bible quotes to indicate this.
Anything that exists outside of time does not require a begining/creation as those are linear notions.
My guess is that watches and that annoying 6am alarm clock will not be required in heaven bliss :)

Onkara

Quite so, the idea that God and His creation is different hinges on the explanation of evil. Somehow Christians and all religions have to explain how evil exists in God's creation. The easiest explanation is to say that God's creation is seperate to Him. This implies a duality which has the problem you raise, which is "if things can exist independently to God how does God exist or what created God and why does God permit evil?"

It leads to lots of confusion. The question needs further investigation to arrive at the truth, and we will find that most scripture confirms that any separation is and was created by God too. In a way things are made to appear to be separate in order for us to experience them. Like apples are separate from the tree, so as to be eaten. Really nothing is apart from God and all is God('s) depending on how much you go into the details.

In the end one arrives at the conclusion that there is nothing that is not God, despite how it looks. There is no duality, only truth.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
This question is directed at Christians.
No it isn't.
1) God doesn't exist (outside existance)
2) God always existed since he created time.
3) God created itself
4) Nothingness created God (since nothingness has no rule against it...its nothingness)
5) Just because God is All-capable. (this therefore excludes religionous perceptions.)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
physical things all have a beginning...it is the nature of being physical

but we have very limited understanding of spiritual life. We are told that God is a spirit, he is invisible and exists without any physical parts... so its impossible for us to grasp how he exists. He has given us a description of himself as being like 'light'

I agree your question is a difficult one, but only because we are physical and everything around us has a beginning...that is all we know. But God is not physical so we shouldnt really apply physical laws to a non physical entity who exists outside of the laws of the universe.

Its better to answer the chicken and egg conundrum....First solve that....u know no baby can rear itself....So how did Creation begin....God

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
Man and a Barber are talking :

Barber: GOD doesn't exist cause if there is God there will be no sufferring.

* the man didn't reply to avoid arguments, then left the shop ...

- outside, he saw a beggar with Long Dirty Hair. And so, the man went back to the shop.

Man: You know, barbers Don't Exist.

Barber: Can't YOU SEE I'm a Barber ??

Man: If Barbers Exist... There Would be No Man with Long and Dirty Hair.

Barber: It's just that They DON'T COME TO ME.

..then..

Man: "Same With GOD, If People Will Just Come To Him, Then There Would Be No Sufferings .... "

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Man and a Barber are talking :

Barber: GOD doesn't exist cause if there is God there will be no sufferring.

* the man didn't reply to avoid arguments, then left the shop ...

- outside, he saw a beggar with Long Dirty Hair. And so, the man went back to the shop.

Man: You know, barbers Don't Exist.

Barber: Can't YOU SEE I'm a Barber ??

Man: If Barbers Exist... There Would be No Man with Long and Dirty Hair.

Barber: It's just that They DON'T COME TO ME.

..then..

Man: "Same With GOD, If People Will Just Come To Him, Then There Would Be No Sufferings .... "

Tell that to Job!