• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus did return invisibly to earth in 1914?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Wouldn't there be signs to show this happened.

there are signs that Jesus gave for his disciples to know when that time had arrived, yes.

Matthew 24:“Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

There is also the mathematical calculation of the prophecy of Daniel. This gives the year of Christ being enthroned in heaven as October 1914.

james2ko

there are signs that Jesus gave for his disciples to know when that time had arrived, yes.

Matthew 24:“Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

There is also the mathematical calculation of the prophecy of Daniel. This gives the year of Christ being enthroned in heaven as October 1914.

Wasn't that a bit arbitrary on Mr Russells part to just add 70 years to the failed 2nd coming of 1844? Then when Christ didn't return in 1914, Mr Russell used the same excuse his former church used for His failed return in 1844--He came invisibly. Doesn't it state that "every" eye will see Him when He does return? (Rev 1:7)

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've read a bit about the jw's.

So what? Reading about the JWs would not seem to provide much in the way of evidence that the Catholic Church was the one true Church founded by God. In fact, it would appear on the face of it grossly illogical to assert that the errors or whatnot of the JWs proved the truth of Catholic propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.