• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

MJFlores

I believe you have much too much to do with the devil for my liking. All my understanding comes from the Holy Spirit.

According to Wikipedia Arius believed Jesus did not pre-exist but was begotten by God. I believe this has two flaws 1. Jesus is not simply a body but is a body with the Spirit of God in it. The body did not pre-exist but The Spirit of God has always existed. 2. Jesus is a begotten son of Mary and He is of God but God did not do any begetting as a man would do, however God did create the ability for Mary to conceive so techinically it could be consideered a begetting in that sense.

I believe the Trinity is in the Bible and ignorance of it shows improper reasoning.

I believe that is absurd. Neither belief in the Trinity nor lack of belief in it leads to apostasy. I believe the most that can be said is that Jesus doesn't like non-Trinitarian views because He considers them to be close to being idolatry.

No bible verse? Sounds like it was taken from Wikipedia only.
Could you provide some scriptures next time?
How would I know if your belief is not concocted from the air or from Turkey?

MJFlores

slide_5.jpg

God is omniscient while Jesus Christ is not.

The Bible teaches that God knows all things (I John 3:20).

If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. I John 3:20

There is one thing that Jesus himself acknowledged that he does not know: his coming. Here is what he said,

"No one knows about that day and hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" (Matthew 24:36).

By his admittance that he does not know his coming, Jesus is at the same time teaching that he is not the true God. If others will reason out and say that Jesus is speaking as a man here on earth, the question is: is he telling the truth or not? If the answer is: he is telling the truth, then we have to admit the truth that Christ is not omniscient, therefore, he is not God.

images

Oeste

And who won? The bishops or Arius? Wasn't it the bishops?

The Arians had their bishops just like the Trinitarians. As stated earlier there was a schism in the church. The Trinitarians won due to their stronger theological argument.

Arius studied under Lucien at a school in Antioch (a city which you would consider “right near Satan’s throne”). He was sent to Alexandria and shortly ran into trouble with his teaching Jesus was created, or that there was a time “when the Son was not”.

And who won? The bishops or Arius? Wasn't it the bishops?

Arius, not yet officially a heretic, kneels before Constantine and the bishops at the First Council of Nicaea. (Miniature from the martyrology of Emperor Basil II, Vatican Library)

This is a calendar illustration created around 975 AD for Emperor Basil II. It is meant to show the triumph of Trinitarian over Arian Christology. Arius did not actually kneel before Constantine and the bishops any more than Constantine and the church bishops had actual halos around their heads. It is simply the painter’s illustration of a theological event which had taken place approximately 650 years earlier.

I think they stripped his clothes off to humiliate him.

Arius is FULLY CLOTHED and not naked in the illustration.

Whoever is Arius is and what he believed in - I really don't know.

I don’t see how you can debate Nicaea without knowing who Arius was or what effect he had on the early church. That would be like discussing the American Revolution without knowing who George Washington was.

Trinitarians believe Jesus is eternal and unmade. Arians believe Jesus has a beginning and was created. The opposing viewpoints created a schism in the Church. Constantine thought the dispute trivial but he was no dummy and realized a split church could split his kingdom. He attempted to have both parties resolve the matter at Nicaea.

But what I know is - the devil won, apostasy was in effect.

You appear to find maps persuasive, so I took the time to create one for you. It's biased to favor Trinitarians just like the one you showed earlier was biased to favor Arians, but I simply wanted to show how easy it is to lead readers to a desired conclusion through selective illustration.

I even added "Satan's throne" at #9, but I couldn't go so far as to add Revelation 2:12-13. I feel demonizing people based solely on where they are born or live is a spiritually dangerous and unclean practice. It reminds me of the Christian Jews who wouldn't eat with Greeks and the segregated lunch counters of the 50's and 60's.

If you're not familiar with any of the names you can google them.

ScreenCap662.jpg

MJFlores

The Arians had their bishops just like the Trinitarians. As stated earlier there was a schism in the church. The Trinitarians won due to their stronger theological argument.

Arius studied under Lucien at a school in Antioch (a city which you would consider “right near Satan’s throne”). He was sent to Alexandria and shortly ran into trouble with his teaching Jesus was created, or that there was a time “when the Son was not”.

This is a calendar illustration created around 975 AD for Emperor Basil II. It is meant to show the triumph of Trinitarian over Arian Christology. Arius did not actually kneel before Constantine and the bishops any more than Constantine and the church bishops had actual halos around their heads. It is simply the painter’s illustration of a theological event which had taken place approximately 650 years earlier.

Arius is FULLY CLOTHED and not naked in the illustration.

I don’t see how you can debate Nicaea without knowing who Arius was or what effect he had on the early church. That would be like discussing the American Revolution without knowing who George Washington was.

Trinitarians believe Jesus is eternal and unmade. Arians believe Jesus has a beginning and was created. The opposing viewpoints created a schism in the Church. Constantine thought the dispute trivial but he was no dummy and realized a split church could split his kingdom. He attempted to have both parties resolve the matter at Nicaea.

You appear to find maps persuasive, so I took the time to create one for you. It's biased to favor Trinitarians just like the one you showed earlier was biased to favor Arians, but I simply wanted to show how easy it is to lead readers to a desired conclusion through selective illustration.

I even added "Satan's throne" at #9, but I couldn't go so far as to add Revelation 2:12-13. I feel demonizing people based solely on where they are born or live is a spiritually dangerous and unclean practice. It reminds me of the Christian Jews who wouldn't eat with Greeks and the segregated lunch counters of the 50's and 60's.

If you're not familiar with any of the names you can google them.

Sorry but I really don't know Arius.
en.wikipedia describes him as a priest
The title priest wasn't used by the first century church

images

But who ever he is or whatever he believed
If he believe the contents on the Bible - not adding or subtracting, then he will have eternal life.

And the Nicaean bishops and Arius and their cohorts would have turned into dust a long time ago. So that leaves us, to talk about them - where is the truth?

It is in the Bible - the scriptures which is the blue print for salvation. Deviate from the blue print and that would cost your salvation - I hope you know that. At the day of Judgement, all people will be raised up - others for eternal life and many for eternal punishment. I don't give a hoot for those who lived in the Roman Empire who introduced these confusing doctrines. What I believe is:

upload_2017-5-8_17-24-10.jpeg

In the Bible this is recorded:

but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. 1 John 4:3

Personally, I declare Jesus is from God.
Why is that?
Because Jesus is not God, he is from God.

Take note of the preposition FROM
3—used as a function word to indicate the source, cause, agent, or basis
Definition of FROM

Now the thing is do you acknowledge Jesus is from God?

You don't need to answer, think about it. Look it up first in the bible.

djhwoodwerks

images

But who ever he is or whatever he believed
If he believe the contents on the Bible - not adding or subtracting, then he will have eternal life.

And the Nicaean bishops and Arius and their cohorts would have turned into dust a long time ago. So that leaves us, to talk about them - where is the truth?

It is in the Bible - the scriptures which is the blue print for salvation. Deviate from the blue print and that would cost your salvation - I hope you know that. At the day of Judgement, all people will be raised up - others for eternal life and many for eternal punishment. I don't give a hoot for those who lived in the Roman Empire who introduced these confusing doctrines. What I believe is:

View attachment 17154

In the Bible this is recorded:

but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. 1 John 4:3

Personally, I declare Jesus is from God.
Why is that?
Because Jesus is not God, he is from God.

Take note of the preposition FROM
3—used as a function word to indicate the source, cause, agent, or basis
Definition of FROM

Now the thing is do you acknowledge Jesus is from God?

You don't need to answer, think about it. Look it up first in the bible.

Yes, maybe you should look it up first! That verse DOES NOT say Jesus is from God, it says, "EVERY SPIRIT that does not acknowledge Jesus IS NOT FROM GOD".

The spirit that rejects Jesus is not from God.

MJFlores

Yes, maybe you should look it up first! That verse DOES NOT say Jesus is from God, it says, "EVERY SPIRIT that does not acknowledge Jesus IS NOT FROM GOD".

The spirit that rejects Jesus is not from God.

tumblr_okzfex7rNZ1ul7r3uo1_250.gif

Let us expand the verse from 1 to 3

1 John 4:1-3 New International Version (NIV)

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God,
because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

upload_2017-5-8_22-31-25.jpeg

So what does your human spirit tells you?
  • Is Jesus from God or
  • Is Jesus not from God

The human spirit is the lamp of the Lord that sheds light on one’s inmost being. Proverbs 20:27

A prophecy: The word of the Lord concerning Israel. The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: Zechariah 12:1

You can use the calculator if you want to
Lo3QT8.gif

Oeste

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Romans 15:15-17

Yet I have written you quite boldly on some points to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me 16to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 3:1

Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,​

Jesus Christ is our high priest, yet you do not acknowledge his title.

Is it any wonder our Arian friends here believe Jesus was created?

MJFlores

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Romans 15:15-17

Yet I have written you quite boldly on some points to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me 16to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 3:1

Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,​

Is it any wonder our Arian friends here believe Jesus was created?

s-518778a3cd12dfb38d715accb1a29d4e4e3403a9.gif

That was cruel. Never mentioned that.

But I did mention that the first century church never used "priests" among themselves as titles they used.

And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:28

Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons Philippians 1:1

There are priest in the bible:

Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”
Matthew 8:4

upload_2017-5-9_19-0-21.jpeg

He meant that one - a Jewish priest.

Now that Jesus was taken up to heaven - is called the high priest for God's chosen people (not the Antichrists), is he called God the Son by apostle Peter?

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. Hebrews 4:14

How about Paul when he wrote to Timothy, the Lord Jesus Christ was taken up in heaven, did he wrote that Jesus is God?

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:3-5

I am sure you have heard about the Antichrists.
I would like to open this again with this verse:

images

In another version of the Bible - Common English Bible

upload_2017-5-9_20-4-57.jpeg

This is recorded:

2 John 7 Common English Bible (CEB)

Many deceivers have gone into the world who do not confess that Jesus Christ came as a human being. This kind of person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

2 John 1:7 - CEB Bible - Many deceivers have gone into the world who do not......

And in another version of the Bible - The Message.

upload_2017-5-9_19-58-4.jpeg

This is written:

2 John 7 The Message (MSG)

There are a lot of smooth-talking charlatans loose in the world who refuse to believe that Jesus Christ was truly human, a flesh-and-blood human being. Give them their true title: Deceiver! Antichrist!

2 John 1:7 - MSG - There are a lot of smooth-talking charlatans lo...

So do you believe that Jesus Christ was truly human? A flesh and blood human being?
  1. Yes
  2. No
You can use a calculator if it makes you comfortable to answer this Yes or No question. :cool:

Lo3QT8.gif

Oeste

That was cruel. Never mentioned that.

But I did mention that the first century church never used "priests" among themselves as titles they used.

I wasn't trying to be cruel. I was being logical.

If the first century church never used "priests" as a title or honor among themselves, then they never considered Jesus their high priest. It's really that simple, unless you're claiming Jesus was never among the first century church.

I quoted verses like Romans 15: 15-17 which clearly and unequivocally showed that preaching the gospel of Christ is a PRIESTLY duty. But instead of addressing the verse and attempting to reconcile it with your ideology, you simply ignore it and jump to another scripture!

That is classic "knight jump" exegesis MJFlores. As Anthony Hoekema in his book, "The Four Major Cults" describes it:

"The Bible, for them, is like a flat surface in which every text has equal value. They . . . can jump blithely from a passage in the Pentateuch to a passage in the prophets or in the book of Revelation. They can thus draw their lines in all directions through the Bible, gleefully combine them in zigzag fashion, and put them together again in the most fantastic way."

Your exegesis is like the knight in a game of chess.

upload_2017-5-9_12-22-29.png

The knight can ignore a board piece directly in front, behind, or beside it by jumping over that board piece (scripture) and then turning immediately left or right to attack another piece. The problem with jumping all over the place to string scripture together is that you lose all context for the original scripture. This is the preferred method of exegesis employed by cults and apocalyptic groups. Your earlier suggestion that Christians from Turkey might be demonized was another classic example of "knight jump" exegesis.

Do you understand what it means to be a priest? As priests we are asked to offer sacrifices pleasing to God (Hebrews 13:15-16). Unlike the Old Testament Israel we no longer require an earthly mediator to act on our behalf because Jesus is our high priest and we have become "living sacrifices" (Romans 12: 1-2). We now have direct access to the throne of God through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:14-16). It is a privileged title and honor conferred by our membership in Christ, and nothing to be denied or ashamed of.

you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5)​

So what's next MJFlores? If Jesus is high priest of a Church that don't recognize titles (Hebrews 3:1), and if Christians are part of a royal priesthood that doesn't recognize priests (1 Peter 2:9), and if Christians are to deny they are priests while performing priestly duties (Romans 15: 15-17), should we also consider ourselves a Christian brotherhood without brothers ?

MJFlores

I wasn't trying to be cruel. I was being logical.

If the first century church never used "priests" as a title or honor among themselves, then they never considered Jesus their high priest. It's really that simple, unless you're claiming Jesus was never among the first century church.

I quoted verses like Romans 15: 15-17 which clearly and unequivocally showed that preaching the gospel of Christ is a PRIESTLY duty. But instead of addressing the verse and attempting to reconcile it with your ideology, you simply ignore it and jump to another scripture!

That is classic "knight jump" exegesis MJFlores. As Anthony Hoekema in his book, "The Four Major Cults" describes it:

"The Bible, for them, is like a flat surface in which every text has equal value. They . . . can jump blithely from a passage in the Pentateuch to a passage in the prophets or in the book of Revelation. They can thus draw their lines in all directions through the Bible, gleefully combine them in zigzag fashion, and put them together again in the most fantastic way."

Your exegesis is like the knight in a game of chess.

The knight can ignore a board piece directly in front, behind, or beside it by jumping over that board piece (scripture) and then turning immediately left or right to attack another piece. The problem with jumping all over the place to string scripture together is that you lose all context for the original scripture. This is the preferred method of exegesis employed by cults and apocalyptic groups. Your earlier suggestion that Christians from Turkey might be demonized was another classic example of "knight jump" exegesis.

Do you understand what it means to be a priest? As priests we are asked to offer sacrifices pleasing to God (Hebrews 13:15-16). Unlike the Old Testament Israel we no longer require an earthly mediator to act on our behalf because Jesus is our high priest and we have become "living sacrifices" (Romans 12: 1-2). We now have direct access to the throne of God through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:14-16). It is a privileged title and honor conferred by our membership in Christ, and nothing to be denied or ashamed of.

you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5)​

So what's next MJFlores? If Jesus is high priest of a Church that don't recognize titles (Hebrews 3:1), and if Christians are part of a royal priesthood that doesn't recognize priests (1 Peter 2:9), and if Christians are to deny they are priests while performing priestly duties (Romans 15: 15-17), should we also consider ourselves a Christian brotherhood without brothers ?

Priests in the Bible refers to:
0893ab82689bde257a7d5788172a3f03.jpg

This is a far cry from:

Wiccan priests and priestess
images

Shinto priests
upload_2017-5-10_8-19-28.jpeg

A tribal priests
upload_2017-5-10_8-20-58.jpeg

Buddhist priests
images

or some priests
images

So do you have a clue who are the Antichrists the bible is referring?

images

upload_2017-5-9_20-4-57-jpeg.17166.jpg

This is recorded:

Many deceivers have gone into the world who do not confess that Jesus Christ came as a human being. This kind of person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

2 John 1:7 - CEB Bible - Many deceivers have gone into the world who do not......

upload_2017-5-9_19-58-4-jpeg.17165.jpg

This is written:

There are a lot of smooth-talking charlatans loose in the world who refuse to believe that Jesus Christ was truly human, a flesh-and-blood human being.Give them their true title: Deceiver! Antichrist!

So do you believe that Jesus Christ was truly human? A flesh and blood human being?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Have you computed the answer to this Yes or No question. :cool:

Lo3QT8.gif

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?
Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?
Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

Jesus was just any old guy until he spent his time in the desert.
Deep meditation accompanied by extreme fasting subjects one to all kinds of temptations, not least to eat.
By whatever means, he achieved Spiritual Enlightenment, thereby joining with, and in a sense, becoming God.
The Jesus that returned was not the Jesus that went out.
In this way does a son of man become of God, with God, and One with God.

djhwoodwerks

This is a far cry from:

images

Shinto priests
View attachment 17179

A tribal priests
View attachment 17180

Buddhist priests
images

or some priests
images

images

This is recorded:

This is written:

There are a lot of smooth-talking charlatans loose in the world who refuse to believe that Jesus Christ was truly human, a flesh-and-blood human being.Give them their true title: Deceiver! Antichrist!

1. Yes
  2. No

Lo3QT8.gif

Why do you spam this site with all the unneeded trash?

Oeste

This is a far cry from:

images

Shinto priests
View attachment 17179

A tribal priests
View attachment 17180

Buddhist priests
images

or some priests
images

images

This is recorded:

This is written:

1. Yes
  2. No

Lo3QT8.gif

Djhwoodwerks, I'm totally with you on this.

When MJFlores is able to engage in discussion rather than simply trolling he can let us know.

In the interim, I strongly suggest he read (from a reputable source) about Niceae, the Trinity, and Arianism. If he doesn't understand the Christology there is no way he can understand the debate.

In addition, he may want to study historical criticism so he can understand the original meaning behind words like "priest" and "presbyter". Why he decides to show Wiccan and Shinto priests in response to New Testament passages concerning Jesus as our high priest is beyond me.

Lastly, but most importantly, he may want to learn more about critical explication rather than cling to these theologies that are so easily tossed about on the Internet. I find the suggestion we can't trust certain people living near Pergamum blatantly unscriptural and the idea that Satan can somehow "quench" the Holy Spirit by building or moving his throne there bizarre.

Quite simply, if God couldn't protect us, he never would have sent us out.

MJFlores

Jesus was just any old guy until he spent his time in the desert.
Deep meditation accompanied by extreme fasting subjects one to all kinds of temptations, not least to eat.
By whatever means, he achieved Spiritual Enlightenment, thereby joining with, and in a sense, becoming God.

You said:

Is that the teaching of the apostles or you are talking about another Jesus?

After the apostles received the Holy Spirit they preached Jesus to the Israelites and one of them,
images

Peter said this:

Acts 2:22
“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

images

Stephen said this when he is about to die:

Acts 7:56
“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.

upload_2017-5-10_13-49-56.jpeg

Apostle Paul preached this about Jesus:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Maybe the Jesus you spoke about is a different or another Jesus and probably not the one which the apostles preached, since you are a Taoist - which is understandable.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

The Bible says it in ways that seem improbable to modern man.
I say it in the most feasible, and likely way it almost certainly was.
I know what happens when enlightenment occurs.
It would be entirely plausible for that to have happened to Jesus.

MJFlores

Djhwoodwerks, I'm totally with you on this.

When MJFlores is able to engage in discussion rather than simply trolling he can let us know.

In the interim, I strongly suggest he read (from a reputable source) about Niceae, the Trinity, and Arianism. If he doesn't understand the Christology there is no way he can understand the debate.

In addition, he may want to study historical criticism so he can understand the original meaning behind words like "priest" and "presbyter". Why he decides to show Wiccan and Shinto priests in response to New Testament passages concerning Jesus as our high priest is beyond me.

Lastly, but most importantly, he may want to learn more about critical explication rather than cling to these theologies that are so easily tossed about on the Internet. I find the suggestion we can't trust certain people living near Pergamum blatantly unscriptural and the idea that Satan can somehow "quench" the Holy Spirit by building or moving his throne there bizarre.

Quite simply, if God couldn't protect us, he never would have sent us out.

tumblr_nz5ywyqm5z1uzh224o1_500.gif

Just from the Bible not personal opinions.

MJFlores

This is SPAM, are you a child? There is no need for this trash in EVERY post. Grow up!

Love American Spam

upload_2017-5-10_21-29-8.jpeg

It cost about $3 a can.

Now back to topic:

Ephesians 4:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

one God and Father of all,
who is over all, in all, and living through all.

God is above all things (Ephesians 4:6) while Christ will place himself under God (I Cor. 15:27-28). Apostle Paul wrote:

1 Corinthians 15:27-28 New Living Translation (NLT)

For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.” (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.) Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

The believers in Christ-is-God doctrine will be shocked on the day of judgment to see that Jesus will place himself under God. Why would it be shocking to them?

upload_2017-5-10_21-42-42.jpeg

Because they believe that the Father and the Son possess equal powers (as the Trinity doctrine emphasizes) while the Bible clearly delineates the great difference between the two.

Why will Jesus Christ place himself under God if it is true that he is God by nature? No wonder Apostle Paul taught the Christians that "God is supreme over Christ" (I Cor. 11:3) because the Son does not possess a power equal to God.

1 Corinthians 11:3 Names of God Bible (NOG)

However, I want you to realize that Christ has authority over every man, a husband has authority over his wife, and God has authority over Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3 Good News Translation (GNT)

But I want you to understand that Christ is supreme over every man, the husband is supreme over his wife, and God is supreme over Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

However, I want you to realize that Christ has authority over every man, a husband has authority over his wife, and God has authority over Christ.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

1 Corinthians 11:3 Good News Translation (GNT)

But I want you to understand that Christ is supreme over every man, the husband is supreme over his wife, and God is supreme over Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

Your spirit is supreme and is supposed to have authority over your soul and your body for your spirit is greater than your soul which is greater than your body. Your soul and your body doesn't know everything but your spirit does.

Now, if you believe that you aren't a triune being, then what is your soul and body?

God made man in His image and in His likeness.

MJFlores

Your spirit is supreme and is supposed to have authority over your soul and your body for your spirit is greater than your soul which is greater than your body. Your soul and your body doesn't know everything but your spirit does.

Now, if you believe that you aren't a triune being, then what is your soul and body?

God made man in His image and in His likeness.

Where is that in the bible?
"Your spirit is supreme and is supposed to have authority over your soul and your body for your spirit is greater than your soul which is greater than your body. Your soul and your body doesn't know everything but your spirit does."

upload_2017-5-10_22-39-54.jpeg

Christ prayed to God. Why did he do it if he were God in the first place? The author of Hebrews reported that "during the days of Jesus life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his submission" (Heb. 5:7).

To a bright mind, would it be logical to believe at this point that the God-Man on earth would be seeking the help of someone? If the Son were truly God, his fervent prayer in Gethsemane would only be a show and not a real manifestation of his absolute dependence on God which is the motivation behind his prayer and anybody else who would pray to God. Does it not show a mockery of God and an outlandish hypocrisy on the part of Christ if he were God? He even asked him, "Father, save me from this hour" (John 12:27). Even when he was dying on the cross, he showed his faith in God by calling in a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" (Luke 23:46).