• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if we were created by god why are we imperfect?

ragordon168

if humans were created by god then can you explain:

• lack of natural defences - almost every animal has some kind of defence mechanism, exept humans. if we were created why would we be given such an obvious disadvantage?
  • genetic conditions - why would we be created with genetic conditions which kill us decades before the natural time? if you are always ill how can you face the challenges of life?
only two i can think of right now but if anyone else can think of something just add it in.

Scott C.

Just one guy

• lack of natural defences - almost every animal has some kind of defence mechanism, exept humans. if we were created why would we be given such an obvious disadvantage?
  • genetic conditions - why would we be created with genetic conditions which kill us decades before the natural time? if you are always ill how can you face the challenges of life?
only two i can think of right now but if anyone else can think of something just add it in.

I don't know if you're familiar with Christianity. In Christian doctrine, there was what is referred to as the fall of man. We changed from an immortal and perfect state to the state of imperfection of which you speak. After the resurrection, we will return to the state of physical perfection.

I can't prove this, of course, but this is my faith based answer to your question.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Why does something have to be perfect in order to have been created by a higher power?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist

I think the problem is rooted with the belief that a God is prefect. only boring people have no flaws, I have no reason to believe the same does not apply to gods.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The god who created us and the universe was a master's student at God and Goddess University (Fighting Unicorns). He created us as part of his thesis. You simply cannot expect a mere master's student to be perfect.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Maybe we were not created by God. Or we were created by several different Gods and Goddesses with different ideas and that's why we have diversity.

RomCat

It wasn't always this way.
But God gave us free will.
The human race has only itself
to blame for the evils found in
this world. We have all sinned.
God permits evil in the world
because if He did not, He would
have to take it away and then we
would be no more than robots.
God loves us too much to do that.

Just_me_Mike

The flip side is that things are as perfect or imperfect as God wants them for his own purpose. You see the privilege or curse depending on how you view it, is we are conscious of ourselves, and as such think because we can contemplate a perfect God we know best the way things should be.

Us silly humans, what a joke...

xkatz

Well I will give three answers,

1) We are all perfect. As the Buddha said, we are all perfect in our own we just don't realize it.

2) If people could live w/o hardship, what purposes would we have in our lives?

lack of natural defences - almost every animal has some kind of defence mechanism, exept humans. if we were created why would we be given such an obvious disadvantage?

3) We do have natural defenses. The ability to make weapons and to manipulate other beings. Therefore we don't need razor claws or teeth.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Well I will give three answers,

1) We are all perfect. As the Buddha said, we are all perfect in our own we just don't realize it.

2) If people could live w/o hardship, what purposes would we have in our lives?

3) We do have natural defenses. The ability to make weapons and to manipulate other beings. Therefore we don't need razor claws or teeth.

Most of us can hear quite well There is no need to shout your answers

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
So those born with deformities or diseases brought it on themselves?! How? They must be talented if they can **** god off while they are still in the womb.

Maybe the person didn't bring it upon themselves, but as people, as a society in one we did, and only we can fix that.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Quick aside because I think you're new: I don't believe in a traditional Creation. But since I do believe in A Creation, I'll answer anyway. :)

lack of natural defences - almost every animal has some kind of defence mechanism, exept humans. if we were created why would we be given such an obvious disadvantage?
What, our huge brains and capacity to make weapons that could well wipe out life on the whole planet don't count? Sure, we may be lacking in the claws department, but even without advanced science, we're quite capable of fashioning something superior.

genetic conditions - why would we be created with genetic conditions which kill us decades before the natural time? if you are always ill how can you face the challenges of life?
Much better example, I think. Anyway, my answer is that we're not finished yet.

ETA: Also, "perfection" is in the eye of the beholder. ;)