• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you lucid dream.Can demons like in the Christian bible enter your dreams?

NArdas

I'd say if you were born into or follow that system then yes but not in any supernatural way and the literal descriptions of angels in the bible would make them appear as demons to many.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
If you lucid dream.Can demons like in the Christian bible enter your dreams?:confused:
Of course.

In dreamland you can dream about just anything and everything.
I noticed that in your profile you say your are a Methodist.

Do you have anything in your scriptures that support the seeking of lucid dreams? Or did it say "Seek first the Kingdom fo God"?

Frank Goad

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
If you lucid dream.Can demons like in the Christian bible enter your dreams?:confused:

If you're dreaming, you are aware you're dreaming and essentially assume control over what happens in the dream. So I would imagine if you want Biblical demons in your dream, you can make it happen.

Kenny

Premium Member
I went to a website that claims to be Christian.And it said it's ok.Ask long as you pray to God about.Why you want to have them.

Here is the website: Lucid dreaming - what is it? Is having a lucid dream a sin? | GotQuestions.org

I am just asking for second opinions.:)
Thanks for answering. I address you as one who has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior (assumption)

I would look at it this way... for everything that God provides and does, you have Satan trying to imitate it to lure people away. Even satan loves to appear as an angel of light though there is no light in him.

To address your questions about lucid dreams.

1. God does speak through dreams. It is listed in the Bible and there are multiple examples
  2. You are never to seek dreams because the command is to seek God (not to seek dreams). This opens you up for the enemy to infiltrate your life to draw you away from God. Even a demon possessed woman spoke truth about Paul until Paul cast the demon out of her
  3. Demons can invade your dreams but you have the capacity to drive him out. (My niece had a very real experience of that but now is free)
  4. You don't pray to God for dreams. There are no scriptures that support that prayer, not in the TaNaKh or in the NT.
Please be careful. The devil hates you and would love to entrap you.

Frank Goad

Thanks for answering. I address you as one who has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior (assumption)

I would look at it this way... for everything that God provides and does, you have Satan trying to imitate it to lure people away. Even satan loves to appear as an angel of light though there is no light in him.

1. God does speak through dreams. It is listed in the Bible and there are multiple examples
  2. You are never to seek dreams because the command is to seek God (not to seek dreams). This opens you up for the enemy to infiltrate your life to draw you away from God. Even a demon possessed woman spoke truth about Paul until Paul cast the demon out of her
  3. Demons can invade your dreams but you have the capacity to drive him out. (My niece had a very real experience of that but now is free)
  4. You don't pray to God for dreams. There are no scriptures that support that prayer, not in the TaNaKh or in the NT.

Thanks for the advice.:)

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
The Christian version of demons have about the same weight as dreams. So it's possible. Nothing to be concerned about.

Actual demons would only arrive if invited. They could benefit or not, depending.

NArdas

If you're dreaming, you are aware you're dreaming and essentially assume control over what happens in the dream. So I would imagine if you want Biblical demons in your dream, you can make it happen.

I always seem to wake up before the good stuff happens
zUmSIvF.jpeg

Frank Goad

In the bible verse I quoted below It says God just to talk to Saul by dreams.Before he started to sin to much.So I guess he prayed so long for God to talk to him in his dreams.God let it happen one day.:)What do you think?

1 Samuel 28:6
King James Version

6 And when Saul enquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

I got this quote here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Last edited:

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

Yes, but it would be something your mind creates... a sort of “mind-generated apparition”.

On the bright side, when you are lucid dreaming you are capable of anything. You can take any form and wield any power. So if you were to encounter some demonic phantasm during a lucid dream, it would have far more to fear from you.

Kenny

Premium Member
In the bible verse I quoted below It says God just to talk to Saul by dreams.Before he started to sin to much.So I guess he prayed so long for God to talk to him in his dreams.God let it happen one day.:)What do you think?

King James Version

6 And when Saul enquired of the Lord, the Lord answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

I got this quote here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.
I don't see where it says that he prayed for dreams. Certainly in this scripture it says God did not answer as previously. God spoke to him in dreams but Saul didn't pray for dreams. God also answered by the prophets and by Urim. :)

Frank Goad

King James Version

I don't see where it says that he prayed for dreams. Certainly in this scripture it says God did not answer as previously. God spoke to him in dreams but Saul didn't pray for dreams. God also answered by the prophets and by Urim. :)

When I said he prayed for God to answer him in his dreams.I was being hypothetical.:)