• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Trust in God....

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'd like to back the OP question up one step.

What does 'trust in God' mean to you?

Me Myself

Back to my username
To desire communication yet require the other person to initiate the dialogue, according to His desired lines of discussion, is a rather poor attempt for an all-powerful being.

Especially when he already knows whether it is going to happen or not.

horizon_mj1

I'd like to back the OP question up one step.

What does 'trust in God' mean to you?
Let me start with a slight reminder (to some) that I believe everyone has their own opinion on Who or What God is. Personally to me to trust in God is to trust that no matter what happens, everything will be alright one way or the other. I trust in "communication" with God (no not little voices in my head but through other people and nature) and I trust that no Knowledge is Truly hidden, it just hasn't been sought after hard enough;)

Me Myself

Back to my username
Really? What if I my God is Sciencee? There is no validity to Science then?

So your God is not a conscious being? well, then your concept of god would be completely different than that of almost everyone else.

The bare minimal for godhood tends to be sentience :shrug:

horizon_mj1

So your God is not a conscious being? well, then your concept of god would be completely different than that of almost everyone else.

The bare minimal for godhood tends to be sentience :shrug:
Did you read what I was replying to?? I am not writing of my own personal view, it is views that I have come across from other people in my life.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
To desire communication yet require the other person to initiate the dialogue, according to His desired lines of discussion, is a rather poor attempt for an all-powerful being.

I can only speak from personal experience, but, God has certainly been there for me and has connected with me in many ways, when I hadn't bothered to "call" for months.

Communication and connection hasn't been one sided.

Last edited:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I can only speak from personal experience, but, God has certainly been there for me and has connected with me in many ways, when I hadn't bothered to "call" for months.

Communication and connection hasn't been one sided.
You'd think, for a being whose main desire is communication, that it wouldn't be such a big deal for Him to take the first step.

Like perhaps a contant God radio mental broadcast? Seems logical given His desire for communication.