• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you were an atheist........

Silver

Just maybe
If you were an atheist.......
the people of which religion would
you most like to deconvert? :angel2:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
That one that is used as a rationalization for harming and oppressing others.

Then again, I am an atheist, as well as agnostic, and for the same reasons I'm both of these things, I see the futility of a concept such a deconversion.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Rastafarians . . . Call me shallow, but I don't think it's fair those guys get to smoke pot and call it a 'spiritual experience' while I am forced to hide my marijuana from the cops and my girlfriend. On second thought, I don't want to 'deconvert' them, I want to join them.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Being atheist does not imply wanting to deconvert people, of course.

Still, I do have a certain satisfaction at pointing people away from Abrahamic faiths, but most of all I like to open the eyes of people who practice Kardecist Spiritism.

Unfortunately, that is so largely because Spiritism nurtures so much fear of change that they rarely allow themselves to learn better. :(

bp789

I'm very, very strongly attracted to Hinduism, particularly the Krishna-oriented branches. The Bhagavad-Gita was one of the greatest books I've ever read.
Shinto would probably be my second choice - being able to say you follow the native pagan religion of Japan would be pretty cool.

As a joke, I've always wanted to say I follow Hellenic Greek Paganism, and get all offended in Mythology class when the teacher acts like my gods aren't real.

Um the actual question was which religious group would you like to DEconvert? As in if you were atheist, which religious group in the world would you want them to deconvert?

Energy

Seeker
I think everyone must believe whatever he or she wants, but I would love to deconvert christians who disapprove (and therefore discriminate) homosexuals. I think that disapproving somebody, just because an old book tells you so, is shallow.

ReligionNomore665

What is Religion Anymore?
I wouldn't want to DECONVERT anyone. I may be an agnostic/atheist...but I am very neutral when it comes to other religion. I don't push what I believe on anyone because I don't want anyone to push what they believe on me. Fair as that.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
If you were an atheist.......
the people of which religion would
you most like to deconvert? :angel2:

Christians. Mostly fundamentalists. I might move on to other fundamentalists in the future.