• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You Were to Make a Philosophy, What would you title it?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'm not sure about me, I asked because I'm looking for ideas :D

You can be goofy, serious, I don't care, interested in your ideas :)

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
The Tao according to Wednesday.

Until tomorrow, which is governed by the Gospel as told by Thursday. Stay tuned, I'll be delivering the Decalogue of the Day at exactly O'Sharp Thirty, launched with "Thou Shalt Shake That Thing". After that, enjoy a super-size face-melt duet by two Cats (Stevens and Power). I'm not sure how that will go.

If all else fails, I'm gonna bodhisattva all over the room*, which is the core of my dharma, anyway. There is a chance this will involve untying the ropes that bind the Saturn statue so I can finally move it out of my front yard. Aaand I'm gonna need some help with that.

*Syntax and/or vernacular was harmed during this post.

Songbird

I changed my mind; I just saw Kick-***-ism, and it looks like it's right up my alley.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
The Tao according to Wednesday.

Until tomorrow, which is governed by the Gospel as told by Thursday. Stay tuned, I'll be delivering the Decalogue of the Day at exactly O'Sharp Thirty, launched with "Thou Shalt Shake That Thing". After that, enjoy a super-size face-melt duet by two Cats (Stevens and Power). I'm not sure how that will go.

If all else fails, I'm gonna bodhisattva all over the room*, which is the core of my dharma, anyway. There is a chance this will involve untying the ropes that bind the Saturn statue so I can finally move it out of my front yard. Aaand I'm gonna need some help with that.

*Syntax and/or vernacular was harmed during this post.

What sort of ontology do you use? Store bought or home made? If store bought, is it generic, or name brand? :D

Songbird

What sort of ontology do you use? Store bought or home made? If store bought, is it generic, or name brand? :D

Good question! I often fall back on the tautology, epistimology, and otolaryngology of my youth (which is remarkably dissimilar to the hermaneutics of Gnostic Herman Hesse), a brand called Laziness from my local grocer. Unless I'm feeling particularly quizzical; then I quirk on over to the kitchen and stare at appliances, wondering how to use them.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Good question! I often fall back on the tautology, epistimology, and otolaryngology of my youth (which is remarkably dissimilar to the hermaneutics of Gnostic Herman Hesse), a brand called Laziness from my local grocer. Unless I'm feeling particularly quizzical; then I quirk on over to the kitchen and stare at appliances, wondering how to use them.

Interesting. I always went for the cans of ontology that had been dropped on the floor and damaged, reducing the price, and possibly the quality.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
cardgamesonmotorcyclesism

needless to day we love to play card games whilst riding motorcycles

Trey of Diamonds

The Trinity of Man

I see humanity as a Trinity; the body, the mind and the spirit. All aspects of humanity can be broken down into one of these categories. One use of my philosophy is in understanding relationships. People are compatible with each other according to how their trinities line up. If two people are only compatible in one aspect of the Trinity then they can be friends. Compatible in two out of the three and they are good friends and possibly lovers. All three aspects and they are soul mates.

At the very least I could sell this as a dating service.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I call mine the Open Door Policy.

In its basic form, it basically just asserts that you should hold open doors for people when you are walking into a building, and say thank you when they hold doors open for you.

If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, it can be about keeping an open mind and heart about things, and opening mental and emotional and spiritual doors for others.

The ambiguity is key. It gives something for your future followers to fight about.