• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If You'd Written the Bible....

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If you yourself had written the Bible, what would be two or three of the wise things you would have said in it?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I would have made sure DON'T PANIC was writ large on the cover. I'd have dropped lots of hints about 42.
Also the main character would drink beer.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I would change the golden rule to - "Treat others as they would like to be treated."

I'd include something about life beginning at 20 weeks.

And "Live and let live."

That should cover it.

Bishadi

I would have made sure DON'T PANIC was writ large on the cover. I'd have dropped lots of hints about 42.
Also the main character would drink beer.

As these are the words of our fathers, then you as our children must also observe as we did ours; continue the progression of knowledge as your absolute commitment to all of Gods children.

Peace

p/s we created a few words and ideas to convey certain principles, concepts and physical properties; we spoke it over with God, and HE said, 'if I revealith, morith, to you ith, and your children ith ith... then go ahead and create a few more words to Understandith, withith.."

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
My bible would be about a great worm. Did I ever post that story on here?? It's a pretty great story with a very nice moral. I don't have it saved anywhere though... I just re-type it a bit differently each time. It's a great story. You might not like it.

cardero

Citizen Mod
If you yourself had written the Bible, what would be two or three of the wise things you would have said in it?
Trick question everyone, if someone claims to write one wise thing then they admit that they wrote it and that it didn't come from GOD.

If I did write a Bible I would remind everyone that these are for "believing purposes only" (no faith required). I would also include a clause that if anyone did want to develop a franchise around my writings and teachings that I (and my future generational family) will receive monetary royalties for anytime someone preaches this material from a pulpit (an oversight I learned from primitive prophets who neglected to forsee this).

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
My bible would be about a great worm. Did I ever post that story on here?? It's a pretty great story with a very nice moral. I don't have it saved anywhere though... I just re-type it a bit differently each time. It's a great story. You might not like it.
Instead of traditionally passing it down to yourself, give it to one of us and we will pass it foward complete with our inspirational re-tellings.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Instead of traditionally passing it down to yourself, give it to one of us and we will pass it foward complete with our inspirational re-tellings.

Sometime I'll type it up and post it. It's not too long, but long enough for me to not feel like typing it right now. :D

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Hmm... well, if I had been one of the authors of the Bible, or a story that would later be put into the Bible, I probably wouldn't have said anything about how to view it, as to me one of the beauties of the Bible is that it could be read on multiple levels and with multiple views.

I would probably try to translate some of the ideas from the Tao Te Ching into Biblical format, that is, using stories instead of philosophies and vague ideas to convey words of wisdom.

In fact, why don't I actually do that sometime?

Don't hurt those with feelings
Everyone has feelings
If you hurt someones feelings apologize and face the consequences