• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

illusion of the mind

illusion is it fact or fiction or fiction or fact still fighting wars against what ?

• anyone

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • everyone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donmax

illusion is it fact or fiction or fiction or fact still fighting wars against what ?

Intelligent of understanding did we lose it or what.?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
On what do you base your response?

The clauses or pretexes don't indicate an ''everyone'' answer. However, given that we have freewill, I can fairly certainly answer the OP with ''anyone''.
And, on a related topic, how does the OP make any sense to you?

''Making sense'', does not have to mean ''one definite question''. I see, at least two questions in the OP. They both are ''anyone'', /might be/, but they aren't ''everyone''.

I would rather the OP explain the meaning, since, like I said, I see more than one question there.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Intelligent of understanding did we lose it or what.?
Do you want to say:

Illusion:
Is it fact or fiction OR
Do fiction or fact still fighting wars against what ?

Intelligence of understanding:
Did we lose it or what.?

Tumah

Veteran Member
I've deciphered the OP's question. Here it is for your perusal:

[When one eats Mexican food and immediately gets heartburn, it is only an]illusion [that the heart is burning. Many people have thought] is it fact or fiction [that my heart is feeling this burning sensation. But it is actually the esophagus, near the heart that is burning from the gastric acid. You might wonder before] or [after you've eaten, if this is] fiction or fact [but I can tell you decisively that this is fact. There is really no use in] still fighting [against this verifiable thing. But medicine has been fighting many] wars against [heartburn and surely no matter] what[, it shall win. Don't you think so]?

[On an unrelated issue, I've also wondered about Artificially] Intelligent [machines. Do you think they could ever have the same degree] of understanding [that humans have? And what about our national morality. What do you think,] did we lose it [for the sake of advancement] or what[? Before I end this OP, I'd like to place a period next to a question mark].?
[Thanks]

Curious George

Veteran Member
"riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs."

-James Joyce

Donmax

Thanks to all.

Its written it took four thousand years to write all of the fact but what was the fact base on, illusion of the mind ? but then the writing stop two thousand years back, why ?

Intelligence is a known fact now but do we really understand fiction ?

masterp48hd

Illusion may seem abstract but.it is indeed a fact since it occurs because of the reaction of chemicals im our brains so it does happen and it's somewhat testable

Donmax

Illusions is abstract so can only be a fact within the human mind so then that mean it can also create visions that only within the human mind can be seen, but again, Intelligence is a known fact now but do we really understand fiction.

Four thousand years to write fact base on illusions but then human intelligence wasn't a known fact during that length of time so maybe that was the reason why the writing stop two thousand years back, hypothesis, the beginning of human understanding of human intelligence.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm still not clear on how you're using "illusion," Donmax. Are you referring to Maya?

Donmax

Hi Valjean

I suppose the reason why im using the word illusion is to do with many things, one is we are the most intelligent form of life that lives on this planet and in some strange way connected with all the reasons why we and probably everything else exist, also understanding the history of the human race you will know the progress of the human race was never achieve by accident.

Another reason could be thousands of years back illusions of the human mind played a great part in educating what we now class as intelligent which to me and im sure many others proves again that in some strange way the human mind is connected with all the reasons why we and probably everything else exist.

You mention the Maya civilization similarity to the Egyptian civilization and there where other civilizations in other areas of this planet that probably never met but yet had similarities in many ways including religious beliefs but that was then and of course you had all the wars.

But the strange thing about it is some of those wars are still been fought today, im guessing but maybe some illusions are still lost in the past.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, should have clarified. My bad.
When I hear the word "illusion" what comes to mind is the Hindu concept of Maya, usually translated as 'illusion'. It's the idea that we're dreaming the world; that the reality we see around us is not really Real, but a Matrix-like (the film) hallucination, generated entirely within our own brains.

Is this what you mean, or are you talking about myth and folklore as explanations and teaching aids?