• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a psychiatric case!

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
In a post I made yesterday I announced that I now accept that I am mentally ill:

It's a mental illness

I've been this way for I think eighteen years now but have only just accepted my diagnosis

I had for all that time denied there was anything truly wrong with me and that I was in any way ill or disordered!

I am now coming to terms with the fact that I am Schizophrenic (oh how I hate that word!)

I honestly and erroneously believed that the things I'd experienced were external to me!

Obviously they aren't :(

I now know that I'm not an asset of the secret service, that I'm not a prophet of God, that I'm not a spokesman of The Computer God, and that I'm not haunted by a demon

None of those things

This has lead me to a further realisation: That I'm a psychiatric case

That's my station in life

That's my social position

I don't have a job and I don't have a career

That's what I am

That's who I am

Everyone thinks I'm a disabled person due to my mental illness

And I am

That is what I am and that is how others perceive me

That is how others treat me, and have been treating me since 2004

But I never realised this!

I never noticed!

I was so caught up in fantasy!
  • I'm not an asset of the secret service
  • I'm not a prophet
  • I'm not a spokesman for The Computer God
  • I'm not the victim of demon possession
I'm a rambling schizophrenic

Basically: I am officially insane!

That's both my profession and my occupation: crazy person

This is all new to me even though I've been in the mental health system since 2004

This is a lot for me to take in and starting tomorrow I'm going to take a leave of absence from RF for a few days, although I will still check in every now and then to keep an eye on things :D

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In a post I made yesterday I announced that I now accept that I am mentally ill:

It's a mental illness

I've been this way for I think eighteen years now but have only just accepted my diagnosis

I had for all that time denied there was anything truly wrong with me and that I was in any way ill or disordered!

I am now coming to terms with the fact that I am Schizophrenic (oh how I hate that word!)

I honestly and erroneously believed that the things I'd experienced were external to me!

I now know that I'm not an asset of the secret service, that I'm not a prophet of God, that I'm not a spokesman of The Computer God, and that I'm not haunted by a demon

None of those things

That's what I am

That's who I am

And I am

I never noticed!

• I'm not a prophet

This is all new to me even though I've been in the mental health system since 2004

This is a lot for me to take in and starting tomorrow Iin 'm going to take a leave of absence from RF for a few days, although I will still check in every now and then to keep an eye on things :D

In light on my signature,

You are a child of God!
God has not given you a spirit of fear, rather a spirit of power, love and a sound (un-schizophrenic) mind.
His engrafted word will save your mind.

This statement:
  • I'm not a prophet
IS PROOF THAT YOU ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY! :)

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

It's a mental illness

None of those things

That's what I am

That's who I am

And I am

I never noticed!

• I'm not a prophet

This is a lot for me to take in and starting tomorrow I'm going to take a leave of absence from RF for a few days, although I will still check in every now and then to keep an eye on things :D
If it makes you feel any better, I think you’re a nice person and enjoy your discussion topics.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
the important thing in your case is to take medication and not try stopping it, medication can help you function mostly normally
I've learnt that the hard way

In 2016 I decided to stop taking them.......

A week later and I was detained in a psychiatric hospital :oops:

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
You are a well valued and cared for member of the RF community, don't forget that one as well. :p

Wouldn't be the same without you.

Ditto that! I haven't really been here very long, but I've enjoyed reading your posts, @Eddi. You seem to be a kind person. I don't know whether you think of your mental illness as being just another one of life's challenges, but it seems to me that might be a good way of looking at it.

In any case, cheers to you for being who you are, because I think you're a pretty neat individual.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Eddi,

So much love from me to you, from the very bottom of my heart. You and I have worked together on this. I remember the first time we conversed. At that time it was "butterfly". If you trust me, then trust this: you are much much more than your disability. There is a lot of opportunity still open for you. This period will be difficult, but I'm confident it will be rewarding for you in the long term.

Orbit

I'm a planet

It's a mental illness

None of those things

That's what I am

That's who I am

And I am

I never noticed!

• I'm not a prophet

It's great that you have had this realization, that you have a mental illness. That's a real breakthrough! Congrats! :)

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@Eddi,

So much love from me to you, from the very bottom of my heart. You and I have worked together on this. I remember the first time we conversed. At that time it was "butterfly". If you trust me, then trust this: you are much much more than your disability. There is a lot of opportunity still open for you. This period will be difficult, but I'm confident it will be rewarding for you in the long term.
Thank you for all the kind help you have given me!

nPeace

Veteran Member

It's a mental illness

None of those things

That's what I am

That's who I am

And I am

I never noticed!

• I'm not a prophet

You don't sound crazy to me... or out of your right mind.