• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm forcing myself to become a nocturnal creature

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Alternatively, you can spend less time in climate controlled spaces or work on other strategies and just acclimate. Our ancestors did. You can too.

Audie

Veteran Member
I thrive in the hot humid climate here in HK.

Genetic / attitude/ adjustment, I dunno.
I'm comfortable here and see tourists soaked in sweat.

I do avoid direct sunshine by any reasonable means.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I thrive in the hot humid climate here in HK.

Genetic / attitude/ adjustment, I dunno.
I'm comfortable here and see tourists soaked in sweat.

I do avoid direct sunshine by any reasonable means.
I do pretty well in hot climate as well.

Its the cold stuff that gets me.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Alternatively, you can spend less time in climate controlled spaces or work on other strategies and just acclimate. Our ancestors did. You can too.

Ohh, I know round about 8 years of near constant acclimation. Economic crisis hit home front in 2016. I'm just now finding opportunity to be in a more climate controlled environment. I think I'll prefer the night time outside time...at least for now. Too much acclimation and we go to jail in this community.

Audie

Veteran Member
Ohh, I know round about 8 years of near constant acclimation. Economic crisis hit home front in 2016. I'm just now finding opportunity to be in a more climate controlled environment. I think I'll prefer the night time outside time...at least for now. Too much acclimation and we go to jail in this community.
I went to jail in mine but whatever your
situation, for quite different reasons.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I went to jail in mine but whatever your
situation, for quite different reasons.

It's nice out tonight. 15 minutes in the sun and begins to redden the skin. I'm a pale skin anyway, so the burn is never not an issue. I have managed a decent tan on the arms and face. My legs on the other hand, hehe ... well ... They could blind someone on the sun. Jail? Yup, I do what I can to avoid it. Seems sensible to me.

Audie

Veteran Member
It's nice out tonight. 15 minutes in the sun and begins to redden the skin. I'm a pale skin anyway, so the burn is never not an issue. I have managed a decent tan on the arms and face. My legs on the other hand, hehe ... well ... They could blind someone on the sun. Jail? Yup, I do what I can to avoid it. Seems sensible to me.
We Asians are so against any suntan,
it looks so untidy and associates to like a poor labourer.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For ~50 years I worked evening and night shifts. The last several decades I worked the 1900 to 0700h shift. Now my circadian clock is reversed. I'm essentially nocturnal.